Best Buy Online

Black Friday 2012 - Online Stores Deals Discussion

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

User avatar
bobbosru
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:15 pm
Location: in my mind...outer banks UPDATE!: I moved there!!!

Best Buy Online

Postby bobbosru » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:49 am

I don't remember the forum this empty of posts... guess social media is to blame. BUT, I do have a question:

Many of us experienced a horrendous experience last year waiting for the BB items to go live-priced online (stayed up all night and bought laptop only to play a 2 week waiting game for no stock)

Anywho, Does anyone have any information at all about when prices may go live again this year? It felt like 3am EST when I finally could add to cart. Please, no haters, I just want those who suffered last year to band together to find some info for all of our good! I'm trying to score a $99 tv from a brick and mortar and I need a new PS3 after an update fried my fat one and BB and Target are on my radar for the 250GB.

Thanks all! :)

User avatar
steffj89
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 4288
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:52 pm
Location: OK
Contact:

Re: Best Buy Online

Postby steffj89 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:54 am

I am thinking your timing sounds right as well.
can't find any of the emails from my purchases...let me check my BB acct
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

User avatar
bobbosru
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:15 pm
Location: in my mind...outer banks UPDATE!: I moved there!!!

Re: Best Buy Online

Postby bobbosru » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:00 pm

I wish there was archives of last years posts... there was TONS of people ranting about it! I wish they published it, so Im hoping people see this thread and will shout out! :|

User avatar
steffj89
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 4288
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:52 pm
Location: OK
Contact:

Re: Best Buy Online

Postby steffj89 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:03 pm

I am pretty sure the 3 am was about right. I ordered the Dell streak, and got the shipping notice on it early the next day. I was worried about it, but it was no problem. The things of mine that wound up cancelling out were like 4$ DS games.
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

User avatar
bobbosru
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:15 pm
Location: in my mind...outer banks UPDATE!: I moved there!!!

Re: Best Buy Online

Postby bobbosru » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:42 pm

I was up all night on my iphone in bed just waiting to add the $180 laptop to my cart. I was so thrilled when I bought it, but ended up calling all the distribution centers bc customer support gave no support. Blah.

User avatar
teknoge3k
Forum geek
Posts: 10882
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:57 am
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: Best Buy Online

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:54 pm

bobbosru wrote:I was up all night on my iphone in bed just waiting to add the $180 laptop to my cart. I was so thrilled when I bought it, but ended up calling all the distribution centers bc customer support gave no support. Blah.



I am just curious...

You're in OBX (or so says your profile). There is only one Walmart in OBX which is in Duck... Is it a nightmare there? I know it's typically very very busy..
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

User avatar
bobbosru
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:15 pm
Location: in my mind...outer banks UPDATE!: I moved there!!!

Re: Best Buy Online

Postby bobbosru » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:24 pm

teknoge3k wrote:
bobbosru wrote:I was up all night on my iphone in bed just waiting to add the $180 laptop to my cart. I was so thrilled when I bought it, but ended up calling all the distribution centers bc customer support gave no support. Blah.



I am just curious...

You're in OBX (or so says your profile). There is only one Walmart in OBX which is in Duck... Is it a nightmare there? I know it's typically very very busy..



The Wal-Mart is right in Kitty Hawk by the Wright Memorial Bridge.. Typically it is busy but it may be 100X worse BECAUSE, they recently started construction to make it a "SuperCenter" and it is throwing the parking lot and making it into a veritable maze of construction containers, etc. If you can remember the fenced in outdoor section, the line used to get to there about 3am. It is always a ruckus inside that store because of the staff trying to implement the standardized Walmart BF practices of crazy piles, maps, tarps, etc.

User avatar
bobbosru
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:15 pm
Location: in my mind...outer banks UPDATE!: I moved there!!!

Re: Best Buy Online

Postby bobbosru » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:47 pm

My most treasured score from that store was a $39 GameBoy Micro Mario anniversary edition, of since I've lost but I guess is worth $ now.. blah

http://compare.ebay.com/like/3008071592 ... si=y&cbt=y $400????

I'm so jacked.. agh.

crazymomofthree
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 988
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:30 pm
Location: NC

Re: Best Buy Online

Postby crazymomofthree » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:58 pm

bobbosru wrote:
teknoge3k wrote:
bobbosru wrote:I was up all night on my iphone in bed just waiting to add the $180 laptop to my cart. I was so thrilled when I bought it, but ended up calling all the distribution centers bc customer support gave no support. Blah.



I am just curious...

You're in OBX (or so says your profile). There is only one Walmart in OBX which is in Duck... Is it a nightmare there? I know it's typically very very busy..



The Wal-Mart is right in Kitty Hawk by the Wright Memorial Bridge.. Typically it is busy but it may be 100X worse BECAUSE, they recently started construction to make it a "SuperCenter" and it is throwing the parking lot and making it into a veritable maze of construction containers, etc. If you can remember the fenced in outdoor section, the line used to get to there about 3am. It is always a ruckus inside that store because of the staff trying to implement the standardized Walmart BF practices of crazy piles, maps, tarps, etc.


I know many people from the elizabeth city area that go to the walmart at the outer banks instead of their own, after how bad it was last year in the e. city walmart I expect more people to start heading to the wm at the beach or in va. I like the new wm off 168.

SoDangPretty
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 302
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:02 am
Location: Roanoke, Virginia

Re: Best Buy Online

Postby SoDangPretty » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:29 pm

I thought it was closer to 6 AM EST before we could add to cart? I ordered the Wii with no problems, but I doubt I'll get anything from them this year, staying up all night long and then having to check all the time to see if my order was cancelled was just tooooo stressful! lol

User avatar
bobbosru
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:15 pm
Location: in my mind...outer banks UPDATE!: I moved there!!!

Re: Best Buy Online

Postby bobbosru » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:17 pm

I bet the 168 shopping center gets crazy especially with wally and target so close. I think Im still gonna give BB a try online..

crazymomofthree
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 988
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:30 pm
Location: NC

Re: Best Buy Online

Postby crazymomofthree » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:36 pm

bobbosru wrote:I bet the 168 shopping center gets crazy especially with wally and target so close. I think Im still gonna give BB a try online..


Last year it's was wm's first bf there so at 6pm there wasn't many people there, we were first in line for a game system. It got crowded closer to time for the sales to start, but it wasn't too bad. I think this year more will be hitting that store though, but nothing like the others in chesapeake. Now Target that was just crazy there, line wrapped around the whole shopping center. I may try bb online too. I'll be out for the sales so if no luck I will just buy in store if I can get what i want.

User avatar
bobbosru
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:15 pm
Location: in my mind...outer banks UPDATE!: I moved there!!!

Re: Best Buy Online

Postby bobbosru » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:20 pm

With the target ad out, it looks like they have the same PS3 250GB bundle... anyone have any luck with them for online doorbusters?

i scooped blu-rays last year online but it was after my BB disaster and breakfast..

shawners
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:16 pm

Re: Best Buy Online

Postby shawners » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:45 pm

You can easily pickup any game console for the low price... Mostly people will be buying a second and the system has been out for a while so they wont be short on stock. In fact, you probably pick up one as well as other stuff.

Tiller
Black Friday Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Best Buy Online

Postby Tiller » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:00 pm

Does anyone know what time the online sales start on Thanksgiving Day? Not the doorbusters or anything -- just the regular Black Friday sales prices. I want to try and get a Roku at that discounted price.


Return to “Online Stores”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest