Amazon Prime

Black Friday 2012 - Online Stores Deals Discussion

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

kanakoschild
Black Friday Amateur

Amazon Prime

Postby kanakoschild » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:09 pm

hi all,

remembering seeing a post about getting prime for 7.95 for a month instead of doing the year for 79. does anyone know i this is still going on? if so, how do i find it to get it.

thanks,

Skyshade
Black Friday Pro

Re: Amazon Prime

Postby Skyshade » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:16 pm

Not any more apparently, hope it would come back.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2015082/ ... -test.html

caravaggio
Black Friday Pro

Postby caravaggio » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:31 pm

Damn that was quick. Only two weeks too. Must have yanked it because of Black Friday.

pilferk
Black Friday Newbie

Postby pilferk » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:26 pm

I'm one of the few that got the 7.99 a month deal.

I can tell you (in reference to the posted article) that Amazon has not told me anything is going to change in terms of continuing my monthly sub. And checking my Prime Membership...it's slated for a 7.99 charge on Dec 6th.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:13 pm

Just keep in mind if you keep paying the $7.99 a month, that's $95.88 a year. That's more than the regular annual price. I suggest going ahead and getting the yearly option.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

pilferk
Black Friday Newbie

Postby pilferk » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:48 pm

The flip side is: I don't have to front $79 for a service that, largely, I only use for about 4 or 5 months out of the year (tops). From November to March, I order enough stuff to make the monthly fee worthwhile (definitely more than $8 a month in shipping fees..though Super Saver would likely take SOME of that sting out..but not much..and Prime's 2 day is certainly more efficient).

From mid-March to the end of october, I probably place 2 orders with Amazon, a year. Neither is particularly "time sensitive", in terms of how quickly I need it at my house. They just don't offer much that I can't find locally, for a very similar price. We have Walmart, Target, and Kohls within spitting distance...more gamestops than I care to think about..and a TRU about 20 min from our front door. We (my family and I) don't really NEED to use Amazon to shop. For me, it's not really THAT much more convenient to have a package dropped on my step than it is for me to stop my car, on my way home from work, and grab what I need.

I know what Prime brings to the table. I've watched the program since it's inception. It's simply not worth $79 a year, to me...maybe if/when they're ancillary benefits increase (more streaming content, of more current stuff I want to watch). It IS worth 7.99 a month to me for 5 months out of the year...the 5 months I'll really use it. For ME, and my usage, that compares 39.95 total vs 79 total. I'm SAVING $40 a year vs paying for the annual membership.

I realize that, when I cancel come March (assuming Amazon allows me to keep my membership type as it is til then), there's a chance I won't get to pick it back up for 7.99 a month next November (or late Oct). Which is fine...but I won't grab the 79 per year option next year, either. I'll just pay for shipping, or deal with the longer delivery times of Super Saver, or shop other places.

Odelette
Black Friday Newbie

Postby Odelette » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 am

good...Thanks

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:31 am

if you are currently attending a college or have in the past you can get the amazon prime student price.

All you need is your college email address. First 6 months are free and its 50% off from then on.
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> Follow me on Twitter <-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> βĹĂČĶ ŦŔĨĎĂŶ<-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)

Bexx
Black Friday Pro

Postby Bexx » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:08 pm

MikesTooLz wrote:if you are currently attending a college or have in the past you can get the amazon prime student price.

All you need is your college email address. First 6 months are free and its 50% off from then on.

I do this. It's a great deal!!

tinytim35
Black Friday Pro

Postby tinytim35 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:12 pm

Bexx wrote:
MikesTooLz wrote:if you are currently attending a college or have in the past you can get the amazon prime student price.

My husband has been out of school for a little over 2 years....wonder if that would work....if he still has access to that email that is. would I be able to link it to my current Amazon account?

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:05 pm

tinytim35 wrote:
Bexx wrote:

My husband has been out of school for a little over 2 years....wonder if that would work....if he still has access to that email that is. would I be able to link it to my current Amazon account?

If the address still works, change your account settings, (e-mail address) in amazon, and proceed from there.
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

tinytim35
Black Friday Pro

Postby tinytim35 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:42 am

not due until March but will SURE check it out!!

Return to “Online Stores”