Which is the better laptop?

Black Friday 2012 - Retail Store Deals Discussion

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

Justin11
Black Friday Pro

Which is the better laptop?

Postby Justin11 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:54 am

I ordered the Toshiba online from Best Buy, first, not counting on being able to get the one I wanted in-store at Staples. I was happy with the deal, but as I was looking at the display models in Staples (an hour after they had opened), one of the sales associates told me they had all the doorbuster computers behind the copy & print center. I decided to just ask if they had the one I was looking for, and I was shocked when she handed me a ticket and said they did!

Now I have two and I want to make sure I make the right decision about which one to return. Obviously the HP has 2 more GB of RAM, but which has the better processor? HP's AMD quad-core compared to Toshiba's Intel i3 dual-core, right? They're both the same price...$399.

HP Pavilion g7-2243us

*Next Gen AMD Quad-Core A8-4500M Accelerated 1.9GHz up to 2.8GHz 4MB L2 Cache Processor
*6GB DDR3 SDRAM Memory
*500GB 5400RPM Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
*17.3-inch diagonal HD+ BrightView LED-backlit display (1600 x 900)
*Windows 8

--VS--

Toshiba Satellite C875-S7303

*3rd Gen Intel® Core™ i3-3110M processor (3MB cache and 2.4GHz processor speed)
*4GB DDR3 memory (expandable to 16GB)
*500GB Serial ATA hard drive (5400 rpm)
*17.3" LED-backlit TFT high-definition widescreen display
*Windows 8

HighwayForFriday
Black Friday Pro

Re: Which is the better laptop?

Postby HighwayForFriday » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:08 am

Based on the processor , I'd say go with the HP Pavilion. If the processor for the Toshiba was i5 instead of i3 I'd lean towards the Toshiba. And the HP has the added benefit of 2 more GB which is good considering your operating system takes some of that RAM
HighwayForFriday??? On Black Friday you gotta make a run to the nearest highway for your favorite deals duh!

Return to “Retail Stores”