Sears did me a solid!!

Black Friday 2012 - Retail Store Deals Discussion

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

Superstar75
Black Friday Amateur

Sears did me a solid!!

Postby Superstar75 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:53 am

As I had posted previously, I had signed up for the "Shop Your Way" rewards program so that I could attempt to purchase one of the $97 TV's online at Sears last Sunday during their pre-sale. The Sears site allowed the purchase to go through to be picked up at a store in the next town over. The next day, I received an e-mail from Sears informing me that the TV was, indeed, NOT in stock and so they had cancelled my order. I thought this was pretty bogus on their part, but the e-mail stated that, in addition to a full refund, Sears would be comping me $100 worth of "Shop Your Way" reward points (100,000 points).

Fast forward to Thanksgiving Day, I arrived at Sears at 1pm to find I was only the 7th person in line. With a minimum of 4 big ticket items in stock, I was a little nervous, but I stuck it out and got a voucher for the $299 50" Toshiba LED TV. That's a deal unto itself, but Sears also honored my $100 "Shop Your Way" reward points that THEY GAVE ME FOR FREE, bringing my total down to $199 for an $800 TV!

Just had to publicly thank Sears for stepping up like that. They could have easily just said "sorry...out of luck" when the orginal TV wasn't in stock. But they went the extra mile and, ultimately, discounted an already deeply-discounted TV for me even more. Thanks Sears!

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Re: Sears did me a solid!!

Postby azerigold » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:36 am

Oh wow that is FANTASTIC! Congrats!!!!
I had great savings yesterday using my Shop Your Way rewards card as well. Kmart has become my favorite place to shop during the holidays! I wasn't able to make it to Sears, wish I could have!

dkst0426
Black Friday Pro

Postby dkst0426 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:18 pm

I have nothing but good things to say about Sears' customer service. Some years ago, I was browsing on the Monday before Thanksgiving with a BF adscan and a sales associate was really helpful. She told me she could neither deny nor confirm that the ad I had was the actual sales ad, but she did say that it *ahem* "looked a whole lot like what we have lined up". I asked her questions about the TV I was looking at, like how many they had in stock, etc. and she actually suggested to me to go ahead and buy it that day ($1499), then come in that Friday morning before 11:00, and I'd get the difference on the BF price ($999) PLUS the 10% sale guarantee policy Sears had, since it was less than a week away.

I bought the tv, went in that Friday, and she even called a co-worker to take her place at the register while she personally went and got my refund.

If I wasn't married, I might have asked her out on the spot :lol:

Their CS has been good with other purchases as well, particularly when that very same TV died and they couldn't service it. Ended up upgrading from a rear-projection Toshiba HDTV to a 55" Samsung LCD for $0 cost.

cpatrick2202
Black Friday Pro

Postby cpatrick2202 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:58 am

Yep, we bought a TV from Sears a few years ago, just before BF not knowing it would go on sale for BF. I was in the store on BF when I noticed it...they refunded me the difference PLUS 10% because they stand by their prices for 30 days!!!

Return to “Retail Stores”