WalMart's "Line Timeline"

Black Friday 2012 - Retail Store Deals Discussion

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

purplepaisleypassion
Black Friday Amateur

WalMart's "Line Timeline"

Postby purplepaisleypassion » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:35 pm

Scoped out our local walmart today. Even though they are a 24/7 walmart, there was theme-park style fencing outside the main entrance, forming a long, winding line that they expected folks to feed through and wait in. There were also signs posted on the doors and throughout the store, stating that they would only allow lines for the 8pm and 10pm events to form beginning at 6pm, and that lines for the 5am event would not be formed until 4am.

NOW....given that, in another thread, I saw a photo of a BFer already in line (6.5 hrs early) for the 50" TV that goes on sale at 5am.....what the heck are the chances that ANY of the walmarts are going to stick to that timeline??? Why do they even bother with it if they're not going to honor it??? It's 10:30 and I'm sitting here thinking that I probably will get NOTHING that I had on my list from walmart. Very discouraging.

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Re: WalMart's "Line Timeline"

Postby Shopper X » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:47 pm

Each Walmart store runs Black Friday sales in its own way. It may be that your store will run its sales in the way you described. It all depends on your individual store manager.

lt1power
Black Friday Newbie

Re: WalMart's "Line Timeline"

Postby lt1power » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:08 pm

I just picked up the 60" Vizio at the Walmart in Powhatan, VA. They gave out tickets for the "big" items and it was very orderly. I got in line at 8pm for the 10pm sale. They did a great job! :D

Return to “Retail Stores”