Best Buy Silver Premier Preview

Black Friday 2012 - Retail Store Deals Discussion

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

midmofan
Black Friday Pro

Re: Best Buy Silver Premier Preview

Postby midmofan » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:25 pm

My story: Got online right as it opened up. I was wanting the 50 inch Toshiba (I know Seats will have. It cheaper but not counting on getting one). Placed order and got through most of checkout when it locked up. When relogged in, got the blizzard screen. Phone number busy. Pretty much gave up but several hours late I check and its working. My previous order is gone but the tv is still there. Took my order this time and. No problem with my reward certificates. Did have an issue on setting a delivery date as it would not take my input. Called the phone number and after about a 20 min hold got a rep that changed. The date to when I wanted.

Later that night (about 10:30pm central) got back on to order a blu-ray and tiki box. Got shipping emails on roku and blu-ray and confirmation on tv delivery. All in all, after the glitch in the morning, me likey.

packers
Black Friday Pro

Postby packers » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:28 pm

Got shipping notice on the PS3 bundle!!! :D Shipped via UPS Mail Innovations. WTH is that??? It says it will "arrive soon" LOL

I picked next Wed for the TV to be delivered so I guess I won't see any activity on the order screen until that happens. Oh well. The kid can wait and learn patience. :mrgreen:

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:43 pm

mail innovations is when they ship it ups to your local post office and then they deliver it.
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:48 pm

steffj89 wrote:mail innovations is when they ship it ups to your local post office and then they deliver it.

i hate it when things are delivered like that... cause i get so excited for the delivery date but then it usually means the delivery date to the post office.... so then i have to wait an extra day or two. grrr

inthedark
Black Friday Pro

Postby inthedark » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:27 pm

Mail Innovations is terrible, gives new meaning to snail mail.

packers
Black Friday Pro

Postby packers » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:56 am

great. My mail person is so flipping lazy. He shoves everything in my mail box and acts like he is dying if he has to bring it to the house. I wonder if they will leave the PS3 on the step or if I have to go pick it up. UPS would have just left it.

Seems like a strange way to ship a gaming system. I get the game being shipped that way. But a large PS3 box? My mailman will probably pull something lifting it. :roll:

tinytim35
Black Friday Pro

Postby tinytim35 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:59 am

my two orders have shipped. One shows delivery today, the other can't be tracked yet. told my son it was for Dad so hide it......just hope there is nothing on the outside of the box showing what it is!!

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:09 am

mine is also sitting at the post office. says delivery of friday, and i won't be here since i had it shipped to my work. so it should be waiting for me on monday.

packers
Black Friday Pro

Postby packers » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:15 am

Got my delivery confirmation for my tv!! Too bad they changed the date to a day nobody will be home. I have been on the phone for 20 minutes with Best Buy and still haven't changed it yet. :twisted: Now their system has hung up on me for the 3rd time. I am getting a bit cranky with them!

With all the pain and agony this has been I would have been better off standing in line.

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am

LOL @ line. Just called them, because my last two orders have shipped but the first one has not.

She said she shows it has been pulled in the warehouse and is preparred for shipping. I told her I could see that as well and it has shown that for the last 36 hours or more. She checked and said she shows a delivery date of the 22-26 for 2 items and the 23-28th for the other 2. That if I didn't have the entire order by the 28th then we could call back and see what the issue is....
steffsbags@ymail.com

packers
Black Friday Pro

Postby packers » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:18 pm

At least you got someone to help you. It took me several calls, even more agents (because they would hang up on me when 'transferring' me). Apparently nobody there knows who changes delivery dates!! I asked for a supervisor and was told they were "all in a meeting". I am writing the CEO of Best Buy. I expect better customer service than I got. It was worse than calling Direct TV, and that says a lot!!

My PS3 sat for 2 days saying it was preparing for shipment. When they said fast free shipping I didn't expect it to come via mail. I am including that in my letter as well. I may try to pick one up tomorrow night at one of the stores and return this one to Best Buy.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:04 pm

packers wrote:At least you got someone to help you. It took me several calls, even more agents (because they would hang up on me when 'transferring' me). Apparently nobody there knows who changes delivery dates!! I asked for a supervisor and was told they were "all in a meeting". I am writing the CEO of Best Buy. I expect better customer service than I got. It was worse than calling Direct TV, and that says a lot!!

My PS3 sat for 2 days saying it was preparing for shipment. When they said fast free shipping I didn't expect it to come via mail. I am including that in my letter as well. I may try to pick one up tomorrow night at one of the stores and return this one to Best Buy.

how is it being shipped??? if it's UPS or Fedex you can maybe try to call them to schedule it for a certain day. That's probably what best buy has to do.

I ordered something (not from best buy) that is coming to my house via fedex (ugh) because they woudn't allow me to ship to my work address. So i went to fedex and set it up so that it goes to the local fedex/kinkos for hold.

however that's not really helpful if you arent' close to a fedex/ups location.

DarbyD53
Black Friday Pro

Postby DarbyD53 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:10 pm

I was shocked :shock: to see my iPad brought today by UPS after ordering it just Monday evening. I can't complain about Best Buy this year.

So far :evil:

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:22 pm

ALL MY STUFF HAS SHIPPED except BBT 5
YEEEEHHHHAAAAWWWW!!!
steffsbags@ymail.com

tinytim35
Black Friday Pro

Postby tinytim35 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:32 pm

my son said we got a package from BB.....told him it was for dad & to hide it in the garage. He asked what it was and I said a speaker for his Zune.....answer was accepted!! It is his present, not dad's...XBox gaming headphones that Nana got him for his birthday.

Return to “Retail Stores”