Best Buy Silver Premier Preview

Black Friday 2012 - Retail Store Deals Discussion

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

jcfrank2
Black Friday Amateur

Re: Best Buy Silver Premier Preview

Postby jcfrank2 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:12 pm

tinytim35 wrote:my son said we got a package from BB.....told him it was for dad & to hide it in the garage. He asked what it was and I said a speaker for his Zune.....answer was accepted!! It is his present, not dad's...XBox gaming headphones that Nana got him for his birthday.

Nice. I have a kid on the way and need clarification: Is lying to the kids okay all the time or just when it comes to their presents?

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:00 pm

tinytim35 wrote:my son said we got a package from BB.....told him it was for dad & to hide it in the garage. He asked what it was and I said a speaker for his Zune.....answer was accepted!! It is his present, not dad's...XBox gaming headphones that Nana got him for his birthday.

haha good job!!

packers
Black Friday Pro

Postby packers » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:27 pm

bfaddict wrote:
packers wrote:At least you got someone to help you. It took me several calls, even more agents (because they would hang up on me when 'transferring' me). Apparently nobody there knows who changes delivery dates!! I asked for a supervisor and was told they were "all in a meeting". I am writing the CEO of Best Buy. I expect better customer service than I got. It was worse than calling Direct TV, and that says a lot!!

My PS3 sat for 2 days saying it was preparing for shipment. When they said fast free shipping I didn't expect it to come via mail. I am including that in my letter as well. I may try to pick one up tomorrow night at one of the stores and return this one to Best Buy.

how is it being shipped??? if it's UPS or Fedex you can maybe try to call them to schedule it for a certain day. That's probably what best buy has to do.

I ordered something (not from best buy) that is coming to my house via fedex (ugh) because they woudn't allow me to ship to my work address. So i went to fedex and set it up so that it goes to the local fedex/kinkos for hold.

however that's not really helpful if you arent' close to a fedex/ups location.

Sadly it is a 50" tv so they are delivering it. Took me an hour of my day, many calls and about 5 reps before I found one who could help me. They kept transferring me around and they all said their supervisors were "in a meeting". I am already writing a letter to someone, just not sure who gets my wrath yet. :|

tinytim35
Black Friday Pro

Postby tinytim35 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:32 pm

jcfrank2 wrote:

Nice. I have a kid on the way and need clarification: Is lying to the kids okay all the time or just when it comes to their presents?

you learn to pick & choose your battles....he is almost 13 so trying to sneak something past him is hard....hubby said he probably picked up the box, weighed it, shook it & figured out what it was...hehe

Return to “Retail Stores”