Boscov's anyone?

Black Friday 2012 - Retail Store Deals Discussion

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

barbd00
Black Friday Pro

Boscov's anyone?

Postby barbd00 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:14 pm

I know it's a regional store, but it often has some pretty good sales on BF and Thanksgiving. PLUS they normally give out gifts to the first xx number each day. This store may be vital to my game plan, so I'm hoping to see the ad early. :mrgreen:

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Re: Boscov's anyone?

Postby carmenslackey » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:26 pm

I'm also waiting not-so-patiently for their ad. I was in the xx number of people last year (at ours, it was the first 400) and got to draw a ticket from a bag. Didn't get anything good, but just the chance at something big made me happy.

They did it 3 times in our area last year. 1.) the Sunday before Thanksgiving, 2.) Thanksgiving morning, 3.) Black Friday. Hoping to see their ad soon!

barbd00
Black Friday Pro

Postby barbd00 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:19 pm

Last year I was able to catch the Thanksgiving give away (I got a blanket, my one partner got a pillow pet, the other two got those purse-organizer things). BUT I missed the BF one because I was standing in line at TRU. NOT making that mistake again.

And I know last year's sales were pretty darn awesome. I bought a number of things there on Thanksgiving and BF.

And I really want a chance at their give aways again if they are doing it! :mrgreen:

Skye23
Black Friday Newbie

Postby Skye23 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:57 am

I usually wait in that silly line too. All I've ever gotten is blankets and so forth. So I usually give them to my mom to put in the pile for the families her church adopts for Christmas. Since most of the families only ask for stuff for the kids a nice throw blanket or something is good for the adults. I remain ever hopeful I will end up with a free matress or tv or diamond something some day.

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:02 am

I didn't do the one on BF last year, but I did do the one on Thanksgiving and the Sunday before. On the Sunday one, I got a $25 Boscov's GC, which was nice. On Thanksgiving, I got one of those silly pillow pets, which I gave to my one friend for her angel tree kid.

2 years ago, my dad and I went to do the line together, and he got a coupon for 90% off of his entire purchase, which was awesome. I got one of those little all-in-one multi-tool things, so he swapped me. That was a pretty sweet deal. :mrgreen:

Since Boscov's is such a regional store, I've been doing searches to see if any of the other BF sites have anything yet, and so far, nothing. If I find something out before bfads does (which is doubtful, but could happen), I'll make sure I send you guys a PM. :wink:

barbd00
Black Friday Pro

Postby barbd00 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:25 am

90% off? SWEET deal. I'd be happy with a $25 GC too.

I'll keep my eyes peeled, but it may not show up till next week at this point.

Skye23
Black Friday Newbie

Postby Skye23 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:23 am

Ad showed up in my Tuesday newspaper. I can't really scan it, but I can give a few details from it until a scan shows up or you all get one.

To answer the question on everyone's minds - Yep, they're giving away free stuff.

The first 300 customers at 7am on Thursday and 4am on Friday will get a "Free Holiday Bonus Card". Reach in the bag and pull out an envelope with a bonus card in it. Values of cards could be $10, $15, $20, $25, $50 or $100. Card must be used by Saturday November 24th, 2012. Limit 1 bonus card per family, Boscov's employees and their families are not eligible.

I take that to mean I can't go Thursday and then Friday. I'm sure some people will.

Ad also has a coupon for an extra 50% off any one Trim a Home Item (excludes a bunch of stuff and is only good from 8am -1pm 11/22 and 4am-3pm 11/23)

Further coupons inside for $10 off a $50 purchase of either Juniors Sportswear or Infants, Toddlers and Girls Clothing. Few more coupons for mens clothing etc and socks.

Nothing screamed at me deal of the century, but I'll probably be standing outside our Boscovs at like 2-3am waiting in line anyway. If nothing else I'll combine the bonus card with a sale and get some flannel sheets for myself or something. There's also a yankee candle for like $9.99

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:54 am

I think something happened at our Boscov's this year. Maybe cuz it's in a mall, I don't know. But our ad has different hours than listed above. And ours is closed on Thanksgiving, which is weird, because it hasn't been closed on Thanksgiving in over 10 years. Maybe it's because of our local Target employees being heavily involved in the petition to prevent them from working on Thanksgiving day. Who knows? But, just in case I read something wrong, I'll go re-read.

Thanks for the info! :)

Skye23
Black Friday Newbie

Postby Skye23 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:59 pm

I'm in Delaware, and as far as I know all of our Boscovs are open Thanksgiving Day. Hopefully we'll all get the ads for our local Boscovs either late night tonight, or tomorrow.

I'm definitely going for the freebie, but I'm not sure I saw anything in the ad that made me think if they weren't giving away free stuff and I'd wait in the line. Good prices sure, but if you've got some electronic thingy you want somewhere else its probably best you go there instead.

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:36 am

Our Boscov's tricked our area by sticking their Thanksgiving ad in Thanksgiving morning's paper instead of Wednesday. They opened at 7am with the first 300 getting a gift card ranging from $10 - $100. With them not putting the ad in Wednesday's paper, I ended up being 3rd in line at 6:15am. I got a $20 GC and promptly put it towards my new microwave cart, since I didn't want anything else in their ad. Tried to go in my downtime on Friday for their 4am opening, and it was a no-go, as the line stretched clear down the mall at 2am. This morning, they opened at 8am, I was 51st in line, and only got $10. My dad got $25, so I gave him my $10 to shop with and came home.

barbd00
Black Friday Pro

Postby barbd00 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:41 am

Everyone in my shopping group on BF got $10 GC. On Thanksgiving, my MIL got $20 GC and everyone else got $10. But I used them in conjunction with the 75% off purses and good junior shirt sales and managed to get several gifts for my $20. :lol:

Return to “Retail Stores”