Sears Thanksgiving day doorbusters.

Black Friday 2012 - Retail Store Deals Discussion

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

KingoftheGame
Black Friday Pro

Re: Sears Thanksgiving day doorbusters.

Postby KingoftheGame » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:33 am

Superstar75 wrote:Everyone getting hacked off at Sears when their site states BLACK FRIDAY doorbusters, not Thanksgiving Day doorbusters. Too many assumptions being made by a bunch if amped-up, rabid shoppers. :)

That's bc their Friday deals suck. Thursday 8pm deals are what is expected by "Black Friday" deals even though it is technically Thursday. Sears sucks

Superstar75
Black Friday Amateur

Postby Superstar75 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:39 am

lol Mad at Sears for your mistake? Seems rational.

g-man430
Black Friday Pro

Postby g-man430 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:42 am

KingoftheGame wrote:
Superstar75 wrote:Everyone getting hacked off at Sears when their site states BLACK FRIDAY doorbusters, not Thanksgiving Day doorbusters. Too many assumptions being made by a bunch if amped-up, rabid shoppers. :)

That's bc their Friday deals suck. Thursday 8pm deals are what is expected by "Black Friday" deals even though it is technically Thursday. Sears sucks

It's not 8pm Thursday though yet. :?
GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!

KingoftheGame
Black Friday Pro

Postby KingoftheGame » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:47 am

Superstar75 wrote:lol Mad at Sears for your mistake? Seems rational.
Not a mistake. It says in big letters on their site "Shop Thursday Doorbusters Now" so.....where the hell are the $10 DVD players and $97 TVs?

Superstar75
Black Friday Amateur

Postby Superstar75 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:54 am

It does. And you can. Just not at the 8pm doorbuster prices. A bit misleading perhaps, but let's be honest...even I'd those items HAD been available, in an online sale, they would have sold out within 30 seconds. So your chances of getting one would have fallen somewhere around your chances of winning the lottery.

g-man430
Black Friday Pro

Postby g-man430 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:55 am

KingoftheGame wrote:
Superstar75 wrote:lol Mad at Sears for your mistake? Seems rational.
Not a mistake. It says in big letters on their site "Shop Thursday Doorbusters Now" so.....where the hell are the $10 DVD players and $97 TVs?

It's not Thursday anywhere in the United States but in the eastern time zone currently. Patience grasshopper.
GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!

panthergirl
Black Friday Newbie

Postby panthergirl » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:01 am

The Website clearly says Thursday Doorbusters-shop online Wednesday, 11/21 8pm CT to 11/23 3 pm CT.

Black Friday Doorbusters start online Friday at 2am CT

Chevyman22
Black Friday Amateur

Postby Chevyman22 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:19 am

I always assumed that the tv's were gonna be in store only type deal. Because otherwise what would stop people from buying them all and selecting in store pickup ? Then what would be left for those who actually waited in line for them ?

TexasDealGirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby TexasDealGirl » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:39 am

Chevyman22 wrote:I always assumed that the tv's were gonna be in store only type deal. Because otherwise what would stop people from buying them all and selecting in store pickup ? Then what would be left for those who actually waited in line for them ?

Nothing would be left for them. Exactly what happened to us. We were at the electronic line at 8:03(doors opened at eight). After two hours of standing in line we find out they arent getting any more $97 TV's sold out two hrs before doors opened. $10 Dvd players were gone too. SO poorly organized. I won't go back to Sears again on BF/TG. Awful! The workers had no idea what was going on either, they kept saying yes we have it then the next one would say we don't have it.

Luckily, I was able to get a TV at WM after the mess at Sears.

claretha2005
Black Friday Newbie

Postby claretha2005 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:46 am

nickjr101 wrote:Anyone know if Sears will be doing their advertised Thanksgiving door buster deals online as well?? want that Toshiba TV but my sears is always crowded and was wanting to get it from the comfort of my own home.

Black Friday Doorbusters start online Friday at 2am CT, in stores at 4am local time! is what sears.com says....

Superstar75
Black Friday Amateur

Postby Superstar75 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:35 am

TexasDealGirl wrote:
Chevyman22 wrote:I always assumed that the tv's were gonna be in store only type deal. Because otherwise what would stop people from buying them all and selecting in store pickup ? Then what would be left for those who actually waited in line for them ?

Nothing would be left for them. Exactly what happened to us. We were at the electronic line at 8:03(doors opened at eight). After two hours of standing in line we find out they arent getting any more $97 TV's sold out two hrs before doors opened. $10 Dvd players were gone too. SO poorly organized. I won't go back to Sears again on BF/TG. Awful! The workers had no idea what was going on either, they kept saying yes we have it then the next one would say we don't have it.

Not sure what your gripe is exactly. The reason they didn't have any of things things left is because they handed out the tickets for those items to the first few people at the FRONT of the line who had been there waiting for several hours. That's how most, if not all, retailers do it for doorbusters...Best Buy, Walmart, etc.

Sears did me a solid! Got my 50" Toshiba LED for $199!

KingoftheGame
Black Friday Pro

Postby KingoftheGame » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:07 pm

I know its limited quantity but its pitiful when the amount is in single digits per store lol. That's more like bait and switch.

Superstar75
Black Friday Amateur

Postby Superstar75 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:59 pm

KingoftheGame wrote:I know its limited quantity but its pitiful when the amount is in single digits per store lol. That's more like bait and switch.

With the amount of griping you've done in this thread alone, this must be your first Black Friday experience. I've been doing this for 9 years and it's ALWAYS been this way. Every year the doorbuster items for every store have always clearly stated that they are limited quantities, usually a minimum of 4 per store. Our Sears only had 8 of the Toshiba TV's last night. They obviously can't do anything to make you happy, so why bother with them? First, they don't put something you want online, then they are shady for only having a few of the doorbusters on hand (standard practice), etc.

At every step in this process, Sears has gone above and beyond, IMO. I got my 50" Toshiba for $199 thanks to Sears ($100 cheaper than doorbuster price). Just sounds like you're upset that you actually have to put some effort into showing up early and wait in line. If that bothers you, don't participate at all. Your blood pressure will surely thank you.

TexasDealGirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby TexasDealGirl » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:41 pm

Superstar75 wrote:
TexasDealGirl wrote:

Not sure what your gripe is exactly. The reason they didn't have any of things things left is because they handed out the tickets for those items to the first few people at the FRONT of the line who had been there waiting for several hours. That's how most, if not all, retailers do it for doorbusters...Best Buy, Walmart, etc.

Sears did me a solid! Got my 50" Toshiba LED for $199!

My gripe is that none of the workers knew if the $97 tv was in stock nor the dvd player...they kept switching to solid yes or no depending on the worker. I'm fine if they handed out tickets beforehand BUT they should of made an announcement that they were sold out so the people waiting could move onto the next store. I'm not too upset about it, just saying it was very poorly organized.

Oh Toshiba nice! I was thinking about that one but it was too big for what we need. Awesome deal. Especially with your $100 off :).

Superstar75
Black Friday Amateur

Postby Superstar75 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:01 pm

Well, they aren't going to make an announcement because why have those people leave before the doors open? They hope those people will buy something, just like every other store does. It might be nice of them to do that, but it doesn't benefit them at all. The only think I'd like to see is them only letting so many people in at a time. At one point, we had some 1000 people trying to shove themselves into the store. That wasn't fun. I was 7th in line, so I was able to get the 50", the 32" and the DVD player, which were all ticketed items.

Return to “Retail Stores”