Target

Black Friday 2012 - Retail Store Deals Discussion

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

CSKsMom
Black Friday Pro

Re: Target

Postby CSKsMom » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:20 am

Blondie22 wrote:
CSKsMom wrote:Yep, for sure bfaddict! I have seen what I think are all of them now but the only the BB and Target bundles have the zoom lens. Funny how Walmarts deal is pretty much the same price but no zoom lens. :shock: This one my 17 yr old will be buying herself if she decides this is the camera she wants so definitely looking for the most bang for the buck without breaking the college fund. This camera will be for a college program so it's a plus if there is money left to actually pay for college, LOL!

Please please do your research on that zoom lens. It doesn't have Image Stabilization (IS) so it will pretty much require the use of a tripod. IS eliminates any hand shake that might come through in your photo when you push the shutter. 75-300 is going to be a very long range. Long story short, I bought the T3 but opted to not get the zoom lens because I knew it would be of no use to me. I used the money saved to purchase a 55-250 with IS from someone on Craigslist for $100. Fantastic lens, I don't use it very often, but it's great. Plus, the kit lens is 18-55mm and the zoom is 75-300mm, leaving you a big gap in your lenses. Just some things to consider!

I hear ya but we are in a unique situation. My kiddo who will be buying this for herself is a semi-pro photographer now. She will be going to college next year taking a digital photography diploma. IS is not a factor for her in the zoom lens and she actually needs a 300 lens for her sports photography that she does and gets paid for. ;) At this price point, she will still have money left to buy other lens as she needs them, but I have a 250 lens anyway on my setup. Hopefully I get my dslr back as a bonus, LOL!

Blondie22
Black Friday Pro

Postby Blondie22 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:50 am

CSKsMom wrote:
Blondie22 wrote:
CSKsMom wrote:Yep, for sure bfaddict! I have seen what I think are all of them now but the only the BB and Target bundles have the zoom lens. Funny how Walmarts deal is pretty much the same price but no zoom lens. :shock: This one my 17 yr old will be buying herself if she decides this is the camera she wants so definitely looking for the most bang for the buck without breaking the college fund. This camera will be for a college program so it's a plus if there is money left to actually pay for college, LOL!

Please please do your research on that zoom lens. It doesn't have Image Stabilization (IS) so it will pretty much require the use of a tripod. IS eliminates any hand shake that might come through in your photo when you push the shutter. 75-300 is going to be a very long range. Long story short, I bought the T3 but opted to not get the zoom lens because I knew it would be of no use to me. I used the money saved to purchase a 55-250 with IS from someone on Craigslist for $100. Fantastic lens, I don't use it very often, but it's great. Plus, the kit lens is 18-55mm and the zoom is 75-300mm, leaving you a big gap in your lenses. Just some things to consider!

I hear ya but we are in a unique situation. My kiddo who will be buying this for herself is a semi-pro photographer now. She will be going to college next year taking a digital photography diploma. IS is not a factor for her in the zoom lens and she actually needs a 300 lens for her sports photography that she does and gets paid for. ;) At this price point, she will still have money left to buy other lens as she needs them, but I have a 250 lens anyway on my setup. Hopefully I get my dslr back as a bonus, LOL!

Oh great! See, she will have a need for it! I do mostly family photos, so the 300 was overkill for me! She is definitely in a for a deal then!! Happy shopping! :)

DRAPicard
Black Friday Newbie

Postby DRAPicard » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:09 pm

I can't really tell with the current B&W scan on the site, but will Target be using the same format of the past few years of the 2-day sale?
I see that some items are "doorbusters" but does that mean they will/will not be good for the 2-day time frame?

I, for one, am happy about the early opening on Thursday night!
That makes me a very happy camper.
I will be even happier if I can find out about how the pricing is working this year.

In year's past, Target would price-match items that they offered in their ad if you bought them early, I want to know if this is still going to be the case.
That would be absolutely splendid if they did that again this year :-)

Does anyone have any insight about this at all?

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:50 pm

I think there is a thread somewhere about targets price match policy for this year and that they wouldn't be doing it the same this year, but I am not positive.
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:22 pm

DRAPicard wrote:I can't really tell with the current B&W scan on the site, but will Target be using the same format of the past few years of the 2-day sale?
I see that some items are "doorbusters" but does that mean they will/will not be good for the 2-day time frame?

I, for one, am happy about the early opening on Thursday night!
That makes me a very happy camper.
I will be even happier if I can find out about how the pricing is working this year.

In year's past, Target would price-match items that they offered in their ad if you bought them early, I want to know if this is still going to be the case.
That would be absolutely splendid if they did that again this year :-)

Does anyone have any insight about this at all?

normally their 'door busters' are available the entire length of the ad. but they generally don't stick around that long, hence why they're door busters.
sounds like the ad prices are valid friday & saturday. it says 'shop friday till 11pm and saturday 8 am - 11 pm"

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:42 am

for anyone with a Red Card - log into your account and you will see this:

DRAPicard
Black Friday Newbie

Postby DRAPicard » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:01 am

That is AWESOME!
Thank you for posting that @bfaddict
:-)

I think Target has been one of the best brick and mortar locations for the past 3-4 years and doing something like that for the Red Card holders, is definitely keeping them on top once again!

Bravo Target!

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:56 am

I recently got their debit card, which is just like the CC only it comes out of your checking account.
if anyone signs up before BF and wants to use their card in store. MAKE SURE your card is activated. I went online to do mine when I got it. Had to go through a bunch of steps. thought it was done. tried to use it a few days later and it wouldn't work. Went back online and i hadn't actually went through all the steps entirely to activate it.... so now it is activated... i think. i better go to target today to test it lol

bhca
Black Friday Pro

Postby bhca » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:18 pm

DRAPicard wrote:That is AWESOME!
Thank you for posting that @bfaddict
:-)

I think Target has been one of the best brick and mortar locations for the past 3-4 years and doing something like that for the Red Card holders, is definitely keeping them on top once again!

Bravo Target!

Yes, Thank you ladies! Great tip! And Thank You Target for extra perks for your loyal shoppers. I just created a log on for my red card. Really appreciate the info bfaddic. I love these boards.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:37 pm

i think it was steff that was originally passing around the info - so all the thanks can go to her otherwise i wouldn't know about it :)

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:43 pm

i just saw it when I logged in to make a payment and thought it worth sharing....I didn't know how to share the pic.

glad it can help someone.

steff
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

Razer
Black Friday Newbie

Postby Razer » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:14 pm

Do you guys know if the 50 inch Westinghouse television on the front page of the ad will be available Thursday at 9pm or Friday at 4am?

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:29 pm

The only 4 am Friday deal is the free gift card with purchase offer. All the rest of the doorbusters, including the television, are 9 pm Thursday deals.

javierbs7
Black Friday Newbie

Postby javierbs7 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:13 pm

steffj89 wrote:I think there is a thread somewhere about targets price match policy for this year and that they wouldn't be doing it the same this year, but I am not positive.

I just got word today that Target will NOT PRICE MATCH from nov22-24, and will not match online prices nov 22-26! :roll:

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:44 pm

javierbs7 wrote:I just got word today that Target will NOT PRICE MATCH from nov22-24, and will not match online prices nov 22-26! :roll:

Yes, that is correct. Please see this discussion for the details of Target's Holiday Price Match policy:
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=24203

Return to “Retail Stores”