walmart

Black Friday 2012 - Retail Store Deals Discussion

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

lsthompson88
Black Friday Newbie

Re: walmart

Postby lsthompson88 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:19 pm

Hi- I know wal-mart price matches other ads for black friday. But do they price match at certain times? Say I go to the 8pm sale at walmart but I want to price match a few things from another store that doesn't start their sale until midnight or 3am? Do I have to wait until midnight/3am or can i go ahead and price match at 8pm?

luvhockey
Black Friday Newbie

Postby luvhockey » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:09 pm

lsthompson88 wrote:Hi- I know wal-mart price matches other ads for black friday. But do they price match at certain times? Say I go to the 8pm sale at walmart but I want to price match a few things from another store that doesn't start their sale until midnight or 3am? Do I have to wait until midnight/3am or can i go ahead and price match at 8pm?

I'm not sure if they're all the same but mine matched items that weren't officially on sale at other stores.

BFriGirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFriGirl » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:59 am

Does Walmart price match their own ads? lol I saw the ad on here where the Nabi was going for $129 at 8pm but when I looked at my local ad it still says $199. :(
BF nut in training!

pandagirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby pandagirl » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:10 am

luvhockey wrote:
lsthompson88 wrote:Hi- I know wal-mart price matches other ads for black friday. But do they price match at certain times? Say I go to the 8pm sale at walmart but I want to price match a few things from another store that doesn't start their sale until midnight or 3am? Do I have to wait until midnight/3am or can i go ahead and price match at 8pm?

I'm not sure if they're all the same but mine matched items that weren't officially on sale at other stores.

And mine made me wait for the time the sale started at the other store. I think it depends on where you go!

joanna
Black Friday Newbie

Postby joanna » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:31 am

It DOES depend on your store and even your clerk! I've had them doing both. I think they are getting stricter on that so.......

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:42 am

@ Bfrigirl.
They are not supposed to price match themselves online,
Like joanna said it can be slipped by some clerks. Just look for a clerk who doesn't look like they could care less.

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:17 pm

noooo they have posted somewhere that they will match their online prices as well.
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:23 pm

That's weird I thought I read somewhere that they won't. But don't take my word for it. I'm a man and have CRS

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:25 pm

I just sent an email to corporate wanting to know how to proceed. I am pissed to think this deal may pass me by because of some jacka** law from the 1800s
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

tlpbupu
Black Friday Pro

Postby tlpbupu » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:45 pm

Steff - Target will price match online prices this season, but not on BF. I still don't think Walmart does.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:20 pm

i don't think walmart price matches their website either.

the only store that i know that does is best buy.

BFriGirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFriGirl » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:12 pm

I'm going to email corporate as well. Maybe with enough pressure they will make a change. Probably not as it is WM but it doesn't hurt to try.
BF nut in training!

Sparkle2217
Black Friday Pro

Postby Sparkle2217 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:46 am

Walmart does not price match their website nor does the website price match the store. I have tried on several occasions to get something in the store that was cheaper online and vice versa to no avail.

This is on the walmart website

Why are prices different in stores vs. online?

The merchandise and prices available on our website do not reflect the merchandise and prices available in our stores. Our stores will not match prices with our online store (or other online stores) because we do not consider them to be in competition with our retail stores. Currently, we do not have access to store inventory lists or price lists at this website. Please contact your local Walmart store manager for more information and availability.

http://corporate.walmart.com/frequently-asked-questions

DivaOfDeals
Black Friday Pro

Postby DivaOfDeals » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:12 am

I have never done BF at Wal Mart before, how des this work? If the line is too long at Best Buy for doorbusters Wednesday night I may go there instead. Is there a separate line for each "wave"? Are tickets given out? How early do the lines start forming? Thanks.

CkyTx
Black Friday Pro

Postby CkyTx » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:15 am

What are the odds, across all stores, that the tv's theyll have on sale will be in store to see now to try and make a decision? Its time for a new tv and some of the deals look good but Im trying to be an "informed" buyer.

Return to “Retail Stores”