walmart

Black Friday 2012 - Retail Store Deals Discussion

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Re: walmart

Postby teknoge3k » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:14 am

MegaBlue wrote:With all of these 'Occupy Walmart' stories I keep seeing online and via Twitter, it'll be interesting to see if anything actually materializes from them. Could you picture the sheer chaos that will ensue if everyone walks out of Walmart on Thanksgiving night in the midst of the sales (to think nothing of the merchandise that will wind up being looted because the sleep-deprived crazy people will just walk out with their purchases)?

Too many people need jobs, it won't ever happen. It sounds good on paper though! :lol:
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:23 am

so i got this off a blog this morning - not sure if this is new or old news for us:

UPDATE from Walmart directly:
“If you have an any item on Layaway and would like to receive the reduced price during our Black Friday sale the items would need to be deleted from the Layaway account and added back to receive the event price (or price matched whichever is lower). Keep in mind layaway will be closed until 9am on Friday (11/23). Event prices for items sold during our first two sales events at 8pm 11/22 and 10pm 11/22 are only available while supplies last so they may be sold out when the Layaway desk reopens.”

Black Friday 2012: Breaking News from Walmart Headquarters
For items already on layaway, will Walmart price match those items if they have now gone on sale for Black Friday?
Items that have been put on layaway then are paid off on Black Friday will be sold at Black Friday Pricing (i.e. If you place a LG Blu-ray player on layaway today and payoff the purchase on Black Friday, you will pay the $38 Black Friday price).

Can you use coupons for layaway items?
Yes. Walmart is committed to providing our customers with the lowest prices. To back up our price leadership promise, we will match the price of any local competitor’s printed ad for an identical product right at the cash register even on layaway items. More information is available here.

Are Black Friday deals online again?
Customers can also get a jump start on shopping from the comfort of their homes with a two day online-only event on Walmart.com starting early on Thanksgiving Day and extending through Black Friday. Savings on hundreds of the hottest toys and electronics include:
Samsung 50″ Class LED 1080p 60Hz HDTV – $698
Ematic 7” Tablet Android 4.0 1GHz, 4GB – $49
Dsi XL Ultimate Bundle – $129
Razor A Kick Scooter, Multiple Colors – $25

Walmart.com shoppers can choose free shipping to home on eligible $45 orders with Home Free or free store pickup with Site To Store and also use Pay with Cash.
Is Walmart price-matching Black Friday ads?
Our long standing ad match guarantee will be in effect throughout the 2012 holiday season – including on Black Friday. The ad match guarantee ensures that customers get the best prices on toys and other items throughout the store. We will match the price of any local competitor’s printed ad for an identical product right at the cash register. Walmart’s ad match guarantee does not include online prices.

pitfallharry219
Black Friday Newbie

Postby pitfallharry219 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:10 pm

bfaddict wrote:so i got this off a blog this morning - not sure if this is new or old news for us:

UPDATE from Walmart directly:
“If you have an any item on Layaway and would like to receive the reduced price during our Black Friday sale the items would need to be deleted from the Layaway account and added back to receive the event price (or price matched whichever is lower). Keep in mind layaway will be closed until 9am on Friday (11/23). Event prices for items sold during our first two sales events at 8pm 11/22 and 10pm 11/22 are only available while supplies last so they may be sold out when the Layaway desk reopens.”

Black Friday 2012: Breaking News from Walmart Headquarters
For items already on layaway, will Walmart price match those items if they have now gone on sale for Black Friday?
Items that have been put on layaway then are paid off on Black Friday will be sold at Black Friday Pricing (i.e. If you place a LG Blu-ray player on layaway today and payoff the purchase on Black Friday, you will pay the $38 Black Friday price).

Can you use coupons for layaway items?
Yes. Walmart is committed to providing our customers with the lowest prices. To back up our price leadership promise, we will match the price of any local competitor’s printed ad for an identical product right at the cash register even on layaway items. More information is available here.

Are Black Friday deals online again?
Customers can also get a jump start on shopping from the comfort of their homes with a two day online-only event on Walmart.com starting early on Thanksgiving Day and extending through Black Friday. Savings on hundreds of the hottest toys and electronics include:
Samsung 50″ Class LED 1080p 60Hz HDTV – $698
Ematic 7” Tablet Android 4.0 1GHz, 4GB – $49
Dsi XL Ultimate Bundle – $129
Razor A Kick Scooter, Multiple Colors – $25

Walmart.com shoppers can choose free shipping to home on eligible $45 orders with Home Free or free store pickup with Site To Store and also use Pay with Cash.
Is Walmart price-matching Black Friday ads?
Our long standing ad match guarantee will be in effect throughout the 2012 holiday season – including on Black Friday. The ad match guarantee ensures that customers get the best prices on toys and other items throughout the store. We will match the price of any local competitor’s printed ad for an identical product right at the cash register. Walmart’s ad match guarantee does not include online prices.

Is this definitely confirmed? I'd love to hear more about it.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:17 pm

i think bfads just posted about it on their facebook

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:09 am

Bfads.net posted an update on the home page.

http://bfads.net/Use-Walmarts-Layaway-t ... iday-Items
BFAds.net wrote:UPDATE: Updated Facebook comments from Walmart now say that only Event 3 sale items will be eligible for the price-adjustment. The representatives aren't clarifying further for why this is, but even if it works for Event 3 items, that's better than nothing.

Skillet9886
Black Friday Pro

Postby Skillet9886 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:27 am

Probably a question that has variable answers based on geography, but I wanted to get a few opinions. I have done early morning BF shopping at Walmart/Target/Best Buy, etc. for the past 8-10 years, but have never done a Thanksgiving evening or afternoon trip. I really have my eye on Walmart's Bissell Powersteamer for $76, so am tentatively planning to head over there sometimes Thursday. Having not done an 8PM sale, I am not sure how much in advance to get to the store. Do you guys have any wisdom? I don't want to skip out on too much family time, but I don't want to end up empty-handed for BF because all the big sales are starting Thursday night...

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:10 am

Skillet9886 wrote:Probably a question that has variable answers based on geography, but I wanted to get a few opinions. I have done early morning BF shopping at Walmart/Target/Best Buy, etc. for the past 8-10 years, but have never done a Thanksgiving evening or afternoon trip. I really have my eye on Walmart's Bissell Powersteamer for $76, so am tentatively planning to head over there sometimes Thursday. Having not done an 8PM sale, I am not sure how much in advance to get to the store. Do you guys have any wisdom? I don't want to skip out on too much family time, but I don't want to end up empty-handed for BF because all the big sales are starting Thursday night...

For a smaller ticket item like the Bissel I'd go at 5pm and see if the pallet is already on the floor. I've snuck things into my cart and covered them with coats and staged my cart near the checkouts twenty minutes before the sale begins to be out the door by five after. Naturally each store is different. Some have employees hawking the pallets and other have associates wandering around more lost than shoppers.

Last year the hawked smaller items were the DVD's and people huddled around the ones they could see two hours before the shrink wrap was cut. That one was a feeding frenzy while other items were orderly (especially if the quantities were plentiful and not in high demand (like your steamer).

Hope this helps; happy shopping.

Skillet9886
Black Friday Pro

Postby Skillet9886 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:25 am

Vols44 wrote: ...and covered them with coats

Going to be somewhat difficult in South Florida! :lol:

Thanks for the advice. Gonna talk things out with my shopping team (brother, sister-in-law, boyfriend), and see what we all want to do. I have been burned before on assuming things will not be in high demand, like a knife set at Target two years ago, so I worry a bit that things will sell out. On the other hand, I don't get a whole lot of family time, so I don't want to completely trash Thanksgiving over a steam cleaner and some other random household items.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:13 pm

Skillet9886 wrote:
Vols44 wrote: ...and covered them with coats

Going to be somewhat difficult in South Florida! :lol:

Thanks for the advice. Gonna talk things out with my shopping team (brother, sister-in-law, boyfriend), and see what we all want to do. I have been burned before on assuming things will not be in high demand, like a knife set at Target two years ago, so I worry a bit that things will sell out. On the other hand, I don't get a whole lot of family time, so I don't want to completely trash Thanksgiving over a steam cleaner and some other random household items.

i'm sure the bissel is fairly large, but otherwise if you're wanting to hide things and wouldn't normally ahve a coat on you, you could always just grab a shirt or something off a rack to use it as your hiding cover ;)

joanna
Black Friday Newbie

Postby joanna » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:29 pm

Does anyone know if Wal Mart has their store maps out this year? That would help so much to know where the pallets are going to be placed before 8 pm!

diamondeye
Black Friday Newbie

Postby diamondeye » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:36 pm

Anyone know how it works with the second, 10pm, promotions? I'm asking, in terms of where do you stand in line, since the store's already open? I will be coming off my Sears 8pm run and wondering how the protocol will be?
Baltimore/Washington Metro Area

Sears 8pm
WalMart 10pm
BestBuy 12am

inthedark
Black Friday Pro

Postby inthedark » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:40 pm

diamondeye wrote:Anyone know how it works with the second, 10pm, promotions? I'm asking, in terms of where do you stand in line, since the store's already open? I will be coming off my Sears 8pm run and wondering how the protocol will be?

Most of the stores will have roped off places for the big ticket items. If you are looking for one of them you will be to late if going to Sears first.

diamondeye
Black Friday Newbie

Postby diamondeye » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:45 pm

What would be the right time? I want the Compaq Laptop CQ58 $180 it's a 10pm doorbuster.

Sears 8pm
WalMart 10pm
BestBuy 12am

inthedark
Black Friday Pro

Postby inthedark » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:48 pm

I went for a laptop 2 years ago, got there about 4-5 hours before and didnt get one.

diamondeye
Black Friday Newbie

Postby diamondeye » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:50 pm

yeah, for the Sears 8pm I'm thinking about arriving at 2pm. I want the 32" TV for $97, they have only 5 per store, and everyone will want one, so have to be right at the front of the line.

Sears 8pm
WalMart 10pm
BestBuy 12am

Return to “Retail Stores”