walmart

Black Friday 2012 - Retail Store Deals Discussion

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

stacykay4
Black Friday Pro

Re: walmart

Postby stacykay4 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:32 pm

out of stock again! Just keeping checking every half hour or so if you really want the 60in vizio

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:55 pm

Jpage10 wrote:
bfaddict wrote:anyone who has purchased the storage bench before....can you tell me if you think it would fit in the back seat of a 4 door sedan car???

We bought it last year, it was actually a little smaller than I thought it would be. We drove in a toyota corolla and we put it in the backseat.

Its 16 inches tall by 15 inches wide and 30 inches long (at least the one from last year) if that helps.

thank you so much!!! it should fit in my friend's car then. i think her car is a bit bigger than a corolla.
i was thinking from walmart it probably would be as big as it seems in the ad but wanted to make sure i didn't have to think of a plan B for vehicles.

BFPrincess
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFPrincess » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:28 pm

Do you think if I just print pages from the Kmart flyer I can use those to price match or am I going to have to go find a flyer somewhere before hitting Wally World?

I wish they would :roll: just send the flyers to Canada.

BFPrincess
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFPrincess » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:30 pm

bfaddict wrote:
Jpage10 wrote:
bfaddict wrote:anyone who has purchased the storage bench before....can you tell me if you think it would fit in the back seat of a 4 door sedan car???

We bought it last year, it was actually a little smaller than I thought it would be. We drove in a toyota corolla and we put it in the backseat.

Its 16 inches tall by 15 inches wide and 30 inches long (at least the one from last year) if that helps.

thank you so much!!! it should fit in my friend's car then. i think her car is a bit bigger than a corolla.
i was thinking from walmart it probably would be as big as it seems in the ad but wanted to make sure i didn't have to think of a plan B for vehicles.

I bought a trunk/ottoman/bench thing last year to use as a coffee table and had no problems fitting it in my G5 - not sure if that's the kind of thing you're talking about, but it fit fine, with a little one in there too and some large shopping bags.

Of course I shoved a deep freezer and 5 big guy friends into a 2 door hatch back, so I may not be the best judge of space! :P

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:31 pm

BFPrincess wrote:Do you think if I just print pages from the Kmart flyer I can use those to price match or am I going to have to go find a flyer somewhere before hitting Wally World?

i think technically walmart claims you don't need the ad to pricematch... but i'm not sure i would trust that.
i also woudln't take your chances with a printed online version.... you should probably try to find a real one.

BFPrincess
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFPrincess » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:34 pm

bfaddict wrote:
BFPrincess wrote:Do you think if I just print pages from the Kmart flyer I can use those to price match or am I going to have to go find a flyer somewhere before hitting Wally World?

i think technically walmart claims you don't need the ad to pricematch... but i'm not sure i would trust that.
i also woudln't take your chances with a printed online version.... you should probably try to find a real one.

I thought I had heard that somewhere BUT how would that even work? people would just start making up prices!

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:35 pm

BFPrincess wrote:
bfaddict wrote:

I thought I had heard that somewhere BUT how would that even work? people would just start making up prices!

i've always wondered that too... but i swear their commercials say that (or used to)

diamondeye
Black Friday Newbie

Postby diamondeye » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:35 pm

I'm in Walmart now and I'm concerned bc nobody seems to have a clue about how the lining up is going to work given that the store is already open. I want two different of the 10pm and one of 5am and would hate to miss out bc there's no plan communicated to the customers. Does anyone know how they're going to do this? Does it vary by store?
Baltimore/Washington Metro Area

Sears 8pm
WalMart 10pm
BestBuy 12am

BFPrincess
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFPrincess » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:37 pm

OHHHHHHHHHH

I am printing this to take with me - right from their website!

*The following are guidelines and limitations:
We will match any local competitor's advertised price.
We do not require customers to have the ad with them to honor a competitor's ad.
Items purchased must be identical to the ad (size, quantity, brand, flavor, color, etc.)

Again, not sure how that works, but hey it's their policy! SCORE!!!

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:37 pm

diamondeye wrote:I'm in Walmart now and I'm concerned bc nobody seems to have a clue about how the lining up is going to work given that the store is already open. I want two different of the 10pm and one of 5am and would hate to miss out bc there's no plan communicated to the customers. Does anyone know how they're going to do this? Does it vary by store?

what 10 pm items are you wanting?? if they're big electronics you most likely have to sit in line for one of them...

at my store they have balloons for the big items that you have to stand in line for. all other small items are just in palettes and you just grab them when you can.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:38 pm

BFPrincess wrote:OHHHHHHHHHH

I am printing this to take with me - right from their website!

*The following are guidelines and limitations:
We will match any local competitor's advertised price.
We do not require customers to have the ad with them to honor a competitor's ad.
Items purchased must be identical to the ad (size, quantity, brand, flavor, color, etc.)

Again, not sure how that works, but hey it's their policy! SCORE!!!

in that case i'd take a printed copy of the kmart with you. i think i read somewhere that walmart might keep other store ads on hand to do this - so just in case they can't seem to 'find' the kmart ad lol

BFPrincess
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFPrincess » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:46 pm

got it and some target and they better price match!!! I'm having a rough day and in the mood to argue so I will fight them.

I've done it here before with their scanning code of practice policy. The look on a cashiers face when you pull out a printed piece of paper with THEIR company policy on it is priceless. They look at you like a crazy lady who carries store policies in her purse.

On that note, leaving work and heading out on my shopping adventure!

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:15 pm

good luck! :)

stacykay4
Black Friday Pro

Postby stacykay4 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:58 am

Walmart was pretty mild. Not sure if due to the time, and maybe the weather (we went from 60 deg to 30s and snow). The only uproar I heard was when getting the iPad and I guess they had some phones and we heard a ton of yelling. I guess the crowd decided to knock over the whole display while they were cutting the wrapping. Insane. People were very civilized at the dvds. I had a chick behind me say something like "Move so other people can get up there and look". Whatever, I've been standing there for an hour and a half, and you got there like 5 mins ago.

Got pretty much everything I wanted, so I am a happy camper.

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:05 am

our walmarts are mobbed

Return to “Retail Stores”