walmart

Black Friday 2012 - Retail Store Deals Discussion

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

stellgod
Black Friday Newbie

Re: walmart

Postby stellgod » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:46 pm

Yes, Walmart is only closed 1 day a year. Christmas.

What's every one's thoughts on the stocking situation for the Vizio 60" TV? I'm going to roll the dice and get there about 8. The 40" TVs last year didn't sell very fast at all in my area, and people who got there right at midnight still got a TV. I'm hoping it's the same situation for the Vizio.

BFriGirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFriGirl » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:56 pm

That sounds like they are going to be closing this year but I know several people who work at Walmart who are scheduled to work so they will be open at least at some locations.
BF nut in training!

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:03 pm

I've never heard of a Walmart closing on Thanksgiving. Except for those not open 24x7. I know all of the ones in my area are open on Thanksgiving.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

tinytim35
Black Friday Pro

Postby tinytim35 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:00 am

I can't for the life of me get the map to even pull up!! I want to know where the sheets are hiding!! well, I'm still not sure about the sheets....the ad scan shows $19.99 - local ad shows $28.88.....not gonna get them if that is the price....

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:07 am

tinytim35 wrote:I can't for the life of me get the map to even pull up!! I want to know where the sheets are hiding!! well, I'm still not sure about the sheets....the ad scan shows $19.99 - local ad shows $28.88.....not gonna get them if that is the price....

they should be close to their actual department.
last year they were just on an end cap

this year my map is showing them (it just says sheets and towels) in the pharmacy/bath/beauty area.

tinytim35
Black Friday Pro

Postby tinytim35 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:46 am

bfaddict wrote:
tinytim35 wrote:I can't for the life of me get the map to even pull up!! I want to know where the sheets are hiding!! well, I'm still not sure about the sheets....the ad scan shows $19.99 - local ad shows $28.88.....not gonna get them if that is the price....

they should be close to their actual department.
last year they were just on an end cap

this year my map is showing them (it just says sheets and towels) in the pharmacy/bath/beauty area.

thanks! I hope the adscan price is the real price if not I'm leaving them to go elsewhere. May get the foam bed topper but haven't made up my mind.

purplepaisleypassion
Black Friday Amateur

Postby purplepaisleypassion » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:19 pm

Therocprince wrote:I really need to get either the 40" or the 50" Emerson TVs. What time do you think would be a good time to go get in line for either?

The last time I went to walmart was 3 years ago to get an HP laptop, I was about 3rd in line at around Midnight for the 5AM sale. I bet it's worse than that this year. 5 Hour gap most likely won't work.

I haven't been to BF at WalMart in yeeeeears. I got tired of the cops always having to be called. Anyway, that means that I haven't been to ours since we (several years ago) were changed to a WalMart that is open 24/7. I was wondering the same thing...how the heck is it gonna work with these 5 a.m. sales??? Are people that were there already, for the first two "events", going to be allowed to just get in the lines for the event 3 items??? I wanted the 50" TV as well. What time should I get there? I don't know if our WalMart hands out tickets now...they never used to. So I'll probably end up fighting the leftover traffic from the first two waves of sales. :roll: I can't possibly get there before 10 p.m. on Thursday, due to my schedule. Do I stand a chance? What do you think??

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:27 pm

purplepaisleypassion wrote:
Therocprince wrote:I really need to get either the 40" or the 50" Emerson TVs. What time do you think would be a good time to go get in line for either?

The last time I went to walmart was 3 years ago to get an HP laptop, I was about 3rd in line at around Midnight for the 5AM sale. I bet it's worse than that this year. 5 Hour gap most likely won't work.

I haven't been to BF at WalMart in yeeeeears. I got tired of the cops always having to be called. Anyway, that means that I haven't been to ours since we (several years ago) were changed to a WalMart that is open 24/7. I was wondering the same thing...how the heck is it gonna work with these 5 a.m. sales??? Are people that were there already, for the first two "events", going to be allowed to just get in the lines for the event 3 items??? I wanted the 50" TV as well. What time should I get there? I don't know if our WalMart hands out tickets now...they never used to. So I'll probably end up fighting the leftover traffic from the first two waves of sales. :roll: I can't possibly get there before 10 p.m. on Thursday, due to my schedule. Do I stand a chance? What do you think??

Yes, people can be there any time Thursday (or before) for the 5am sales. Usually people hit the early (8pm) sales, checkout, load their things in the car, and come back in for the 5am sales. Some leave, some stay. It really depends on the item(s) that are being sold at 5am.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

JerZeygrl999
Black Friday Newbie

Postby JerZeygrl999 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:07 am

Well I asked a mgr in my local store today (regarding iPad)..... has anyone else? I'm a lil sad, hoping he was WRONG too! He stated that he is guaranteed to have ONLY 15 in stock possibly more but not less. Then it is not an UNLIMITED guarantee card situation which I assumed it was.... he believed it's 160 guarantee cards per store.... so therefore.... 160+ possibly only 15 units in stock means only 175 ppl are in luck/able to score the deal?!?! I'm seriously hoping this is not true. I almost feel it's false advertising. This is a HOT item this year especially around here. I know at least 6 people from work (its not a large employer!) going to MY WM for this.... so I could see how the line could easily surpass 165 ppl. Plus he said you do have to pay in electronics..... so it's not like you will have a choice of 12 registers to pay at.... there is 1 in my store. I night change and go to a newer store though that has 2. Is anyone else asking about this in advance?

I thought guarantee meant if I'm there by 9:15....for a 10:00 event I'd get a card at least and I'm fine with that. I dont need the ipad NOW. But now I fear if the line is over 165ish.....I might be SOL. I really don't want to arrive much earlier but I guess I will.... my partner in crime just had bladder surgery so the wait is going to drive me bananas lol...

g-man430
Black Friday Pro

Postby g-man430 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:09 am

You're guaranteed the iPad at that advertised price with any other offers included one hour after the sale starts whether it's the actual product or a rain check. Notice the "1 hour in stock guarantee" at the top of the first page: http://bfads.net/Ad/Walmart-2012
GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!

momto3
Black Friday Pro

Postby momto3 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:04 am

Well when is the stuff going on sale live

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:43 am

anyone who has purchased the storage bench before....can you tell me if you think it would fit in the back seat of a 4 door sedan car???

tigres13
Black Friday Pro

Postby tigres13 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:08 pm

We want the 60" Vizio at Walmart and decided to randomly click on the picture on the Walmart Black Friday ad and it brought us to the webpage for the 60" Vizio TV where we could buy it online at the sale price of $688. We were able to process the order and chose to have it shipped to our home for free (which was estimated to be delivered a week earlier than if we had picked it up in store) as was sent a receipt through e-mail. As soon as we finished ordering it, we went back to the web page to refreshed it and it now says Out Of Stock Online. What do you think the chances are that we will actually receive the TV? We would hate to be expecting a package in the mail and then have the order cancelled next week and miss out on the TV all together. We know that other stores are cancelling over-ordered items so we were thinking about standing in line anyways to ensure that we get one at all.

Does anyone ever had a Walmart.com order cancelled? We've had orders cancelled with Sears (who hasn't!) before and are hoping for the best in terms of this TV!

Jpage10
Black Friday Newbie

Postby Jpage10 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:12 pm

bfaddict wrote:anyone who has purchased the storage bench before....can you tell me if you think it would fit in the back seat of a 4 door sedan car???

We bought it last year, it was actually a little smaller than I thought it would be. We drove in a toyota corolla and we put it in the backseat.

Its 16 inches tall by 15 inches wide and 30 inches long (at least the one from last year) if that helps.

stacykay4
Black Friday Pro

Postby stacykay4 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:27 pm

tigres13 wrote:We want the 60" Vizio at Walmart and decided to randomly click on the picture on the Walmart Black Friday ad and it brought us to the webpage for the 60" Vizio TV where we could buy it online at the sale price of $688. We were able to process the order and chose to have it shipped to our home for free (which was estimated to be delivered a week earlier than if we had picked it up in store) as was sent a receipt through e-mail. As soon as we finished ordering it, we went back to the web page to refreshed it and it now says Out Of Stock Online. What do you think the chances are that we will actually receive the TV? We would hate to be expecting a package in the mail and then have the order cancelled next week and miss out on the TV all together. We know that other stores are cancelling over-ordered items so we were thinking about standing in line anyways to ensure that we get one at all.

Does anyone ever had a Walmart.com order cancelled? We've had orders cancelled with Sears (who hasn't!) before and are hoping for the best in terms of this TV!

We ordered 2 of these earlier. About an hour later, it said sold out, not available online. Still did an hour after that. Just checked now, and they are available again. So maybe some have cancelled orders, or maybe walmart is making so many available at a time per hour or something???

Return to “Retail Stores”