walmart

Black Friday 2012 - Retail Store Deals Discussion

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

DivaOfDeals
Black Friday Pro

Re: walmart

Postby DivaOfDeals » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:20 am

JiaC wrote:Do you all think the Xbox or PS3 bundle is a better deal? A lot of my friends have Xboxes and personally, I think they have better games released on it, but the PS3 seems like a better entertainment system overall. I want to get my first game system.

I have both consoles and use the PS3 a lot more. You can play online for free, unlike the xbox360, and it has never broken down while my xbox360 has broken twice. I highly recommend the PS3.

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:17 am

It appears that BB is going to be matching the 129.99 for the Nabi 2 tablet that walmart advertised!

BFriGirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFriGirl » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:39 am

I think we decided to just get the kindle fire and a case instead. Too much trouble for the Nabi. if we did BB for it we would have to be in three places at once.

I'm wondering how early we should get there for the Xbox live cards. I've never tried to get anything like that.
BF nut in training!

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:11 pm

yeah...i am doing my reward silver thing tomorrow....but doing that I won't HAVE to go to WM at all!!!! YEAH I am going to cheer for BB for weeks!!!
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

BFriGirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFriGirl » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:33 pm

steffj89 wrote:yeah...i am doing my reward silver thing tomorrow....but doing that I won't HAVE to go to WM at all!!!! YEAH I am going to cheer for BB for weeks!!!

Lucky! :) you should pick one up for me. :P
BF nut in training!

snow123
Black Friday Newbie

Postby snow123 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:21 pm

Hi, guys. I'm new here and I'm somewhat new to Black Friday. I just have a quick question I hope you guys can help me out with:

Does anyone know what time Walmart usually gives out tickets for their ticketed items? I'm interested in getting the 40" Emerson and the 24" Orion HDTVs that both go on sale at 10pm. I'm not going by myself, so two different lines for two different items shouldn't be a problem, but we also want to buy things that go on sale at 8pm.

Will we get our tickets by then? Or will be stuck in line until 10pm?

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:46 pm

snow...if you want items on the 8pm sale you will need a 3rd person to shop for those.

I would suggest checking for a line about 4 pm for the deals you mentioned....possibly earlier depending on your store/city
steffsbags@ymail.com

inthedark
Black Friday Pro

Postby inthedark » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:14 pm

2 years ago my Walmart didnt give out the tickets until 2 hours after the sale started, they were misplaced and they didnt know how many they had. It was for a cheap laptop that they ended up only having 4 of. I was 10th in line and missed out on everything else but was happy to get out of there with my life.

reygato
Black Friday Pro

Re: walmart BEWARE OF WALMART TABLETS

Postby reygato » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:21 pm

I'd suggest you sticjk with the IPAD or the high end Samsung and avoid the cheap knock off tablets.....they are just that...cheap knock offs that do not do much.

I perused the AD. Much as I hate going out on Thanksgiving Night, I plan to stop drinking at about 4 and go over and grab the TV that is guaranteed to be sold at 8pm. Much as I hate Walmart, they state that if they run out they will hand out rainchecks.

Did not see anything else I want. The kids TV broke, so I need a new one.

Did not see anything else I want.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:27 pm

reygato wrote:I'd suggest you sticjk with the IPAD or the high end Samsung and avoid the cheap knock off tablets.....they are just that...cheap knock offs that do not do much.

I perused the AD. Much as I hate going out on Thanksgiving Night, I plan to stop drinking at about 4 and go over and grab the TV that is guaranteed to be sold at 8pm. Much as I hate Walmart, they state that if they run out they will hand out rainchecks.

aren't you the person that said they quit drinking and no longer need material goods so you weren't going shopping either??
or was that someone else with a buddist avatar.

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:50 pm

bfaddict wrote:
reygato wrote:I'd suggest you sticjk with the IPAD or the high end Samsung and avoid the cheap knock off tablets.....they are just that...cheap knock offs that do not do much.

aren't you the person that said they quit drinking and no longer need material goods so you weren't going shopping either??
or was that someone else with a buddist avatar.

The guaranteed items aren't until the 10 om sale anyway
steffsbags@ymail.com

Therocprince
Black Friday Amateur

Postby Therocprince » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:06 pm

I really need to get either the 40" or the 50" Emerson TVs. What time do you think would be a good time to go get in line for either?

The last time I went to walmart was 3 years ago to get an HP laptop, I was about 3rd in line at around Midnight for the 5AM sale. I bet it's worse than that this year. 5 Hour gap most likely won't work.

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:04 pm

snow123 wrote:Hi, guys. I'm new here and I'm somewhat new to Black Friday. I just have a quick question I hope you guys can help me out with:

Does anyone know what time Walmart usually gives out tickets for their ticketed items? I'm interested in getting the 40" Emerson and the 24" Orion HDTVs that both go on sale at 10pm. I'm not going by myself, so two different lines for two different items shouldn't be a problem, but we also want to buy things that go on sale at 8pm.

Will we get our tickets by then? Or will be stuck in line until 10pm?

Last year my local had an aisle cordoned off once the limit of people matched the number of doorbusters they had on hand they closed off the back gate. One bathroom break per hour was allowed. They wanted to wait til 90 minutes prior to sale time so line cutters, ticket selling and stealing wouldn't take place. One of the most organized WM activities I've ever witnessed.

mechimpaired
Black Friday Pro

Postby mechimpaired » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:07 pm

Sounds like what my cousin said was going to happen at our local Walmarts. Maybe it was a success so they spread the word?

JerZeygrl999
Black Friday Newbie

Postby JerZeygrl999 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:17 am

I'm loving the in stock guarantee on the ipad! However what do you experts think.....do I need to arrive well before 10pm? Obviously I intend to get there by 9:45, I'm not going to walk in exactly at 10 or after.

My concern is that the ad doesn't state how many are in stock per store. Say there are 10.... and I get there at 9:45..... and there are 50 people in front of me.... there's only one register in electronics..... the first 10 get ipads and get offered the extra warranty which takes extra time, then 40 get cards (how long does that take?).... so if they can't handle all 50 people ahead of me in one hour.... will I be screwed?? Do I need to strategize and maybe arrive earlier?? I don't want to miss this deal. It's not like anyone else has a great deal on ipad!!

I love the "guarantee" it's just I wish we were clearer on details.... I will arrive earlier if need be..... what do ya'll think???

Return to “Retail Stores”