Kmart

Black Friday 2012 - Retail Store Deals Discussion

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

cbecerrajr1
Black Friday Newbie

Re: Kmart

Postby cbecerrajr1 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:55 pm

Any word on limits on the tablet per person?

purplepaisleypassion
Black Friday Amateur

Postby purplepaisleypassion » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:32 pm

brack wrote:Does Kmart hand out vouchers, how many can you get. I'm looking to get to TV's for my boys. I was wondering if I could get 2 vouchers of the same thing here at Kmart. I never stood in line for vouchers before, so don't know how it works. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Our KMart does hand out tickets for "hot" items...just depends on what they decide is "hot" that year. The nice thing is, when you have a ticket for an item, you are guaranteed to get that item, and as long as you pick it up by 8 a.m., you're set! You can even go home, go back to bed, and come back later if you want. Just make sure you're one of the first 20 or so in line.

As for getting multiple tickets, I can't remember them giving out more than one to a person or family...but truthfully, I can't ever remember anyone asking for more than one. So I suppose it's possible that they would do it, as long as there are no quantity limits posted in the print ad

brack
Black Friday Newbie

Postby brack » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:46 pm

Cool, thanks. I think the wife and I will both go, and each get a voucher.

purplepaisleypassion
Black Friday Amateur

Postby purplepaisleypassion » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:05 pm

That's what I was thinking...good idea. I think we're gonna hit Kmart, too.

krisel13
Black Friday Newbie

Postby krisel13 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:48 pm

I've never done BF at Kmart. How are the lines? I am ussually at Walmart which is crazy. Is Kmart better? Do I need to get there 4 hours early?

purplepaisleypassion
Black Friday Amateur

Postby purplepaisleypassion » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:18 pm

krisel13 wrote:I've never done BF at Kmart. How are the lines? I am ussually at Walmart which is crazy. Is Kmart better? Do I need to get there 4 hours early?

I would say probably @ least 3 hours early, depending on the size of your city and how busy your Kmart usually is. The Kmart manager @ our store, and all of their employees, are really good to us. They come out and give us the usual pep talk, and will answer any questions we have, while they are passing out tickets. There have never been any issues or "incidents" at Kmart like we usually see every year at Walmart. Overall, it's usually a good experience.

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:05 pm

krisel13 wrote:I've never done BF at Kmart. How are the lines? I am ussually at Walmart which is crazy. Is Kmart better? Do I need to get there 4 hours early?

Are you in the city, or a small town?
We live nearest to a small town, Kmart, Kroger, Family dollar, and general dollar. Everything else is at least 20 minutes away.
So most people end up in the city.
Therefore I like going to our Kmart. I went Tday morning and was no further back than 10th in line, and I got there about 30 mins before they opened. Around 30 people total waiting. They passed out tickets, gave the talks, etc. they were very nice to us.
BF I wasn't getting any ticket items, and got there about the same time, and the same amount of people were waiting.
No it wasn't the same people either LOL!!! :lol:

Now in the nearby city, the Kmart is near a big shopping area, therefore the lines are longer, and more chaotic.
So I'd assume being there at least 2 hours early or more!
For the country/small town stores I'd say at least an hour, but anyone who thinks differently can definitely voice in on this :)

krisel13
Black Friday Newbie

Postby krisel13 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:14 pm

I'm in a small town. Also, I live in massachusetts and because of the blue laws, Kmart is not open on Thanksgiving. Does anyone have xperience with this? It seems as though their Thanksgiving sale must be honored the day before. Anyone?

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:33 pm

krisel13 wrote:I'm in a small town. Also, I live in massachusetts and because of the blue laws, Kmart is not open on Thanksgiving. Does anyone have xperience with this? It seems as though their Thanksgiving sale must be honored the day before. Anyone?

Historically, Massachusetts Kmarts have held their Thanksgiving Day sale on Wednesday instead. However, it hasn't been confirmed whether it will again be so this year. Kmart's web site has the Black Friday ads up for local stores, but the Massachusetts Thanksgiving Day sale ads (which would say if the sale is on Wednesday) aren't yet up. If you want to know for certain, I suggest that you go to your local Kmart and ask the store manager what the situation will be.

blueredzone
Black Friday Pro

Postby blueredzone » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:51 pm

azerigold wrote:

Are you in the city, or a small town?
We live nearest to a small town, Kmart, Kroger, Family dollar, and general dollar. Everything else is at least 20 minutes away.

I would think that a small town would be tough to gauge. In a small town there might be less people, but there is also less competition competing for your dollar.

Now granted not everyone is going to show up from your town and drive to kmart and then drive 20 minutes away to all the other stores (I would assume the other stores would be around the mall)

However I will say that some of the suburbs are hot spots for bf. Like I went to Game stop one year at the big mall downtown, with no wait. While the other game stops by the malls in the suburbs were slammed.

Just got to know which one to go to I guess

purplepaisleypassion
Black Friday Amateur

Postby purplepaisleypassion » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:55 pm

krisel13 wrote:I'm in a small town. Also, I live in massachusetts and because of the blue laws, Kmart is not open on Thanksgiving. Does anyone have xperience with this? It seems as though their Thanksgiving sale must be honored the day before. Anyone?

They're not open on Thanksgiving??? Whoa. I wouldn't know what to do. Seems odd...but probably not for Massachusetts folks.

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:19 pm

purplepaisleypassion wrote:

They're not open on Thanksgiving??? Whoa. I wouldn't know what to do. Seems odd...but probably not for Massachusetts folks.

Most open and just pay the fine in mass it's 350$ per offense. Except in the cape, and I believe Dexter are the ones on the news all the time because they abide by the law.

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:43 pm

Anyone a VIP member?

I got a thing with some coupons in it today, nothing 'spectacular' but every little bit helps.

BTW, these are good for Kmart & Sears

$10.00 in points if you buy a Christmas ornament, bow or wrapping paper
10% in bonus points for a purchase $25 or more
20% in bonus points for a purchase $25 or more

$50 off purchase of $299 or more Appliances
$100 in points for jewelry purchase $499 or more
$89 3 carpet area cleaning
$4.99 Oil change
10% off auto battery
$50 off 4 tire purchase $500 or more

Again not great, but I'll be putting the first 3 to use esp. since it doesn't say anything about excluding us on BF :)

BFVet
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFVet » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:51 pm

So is KMart going to be closed from 3:00am - 5:00am Friday morning? Their ad kind of makes it seem like it.

stepheng
Black Friday Pro

Postby stepheng » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:56 pm

BFVet wrote:So is KMart going to be closed from 3:00am - 5:00am Friday morning? Their ad kind of makes it seem like it.

I think so. I think that they are supposed to restock the shelves during that time. I don't know how well that will work though.
"Do right." -Erk Russell

Return to “Retail Stores”