best buy

Black Friday 2012 - Retail Store Deals Discussion

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Re: best buy

Postby steffj89 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:24 am

Holy crap! talk about 1 stop shopping everything I want is at BB and I have premier silver this year I should be able to get most of it ordered on Monday!!!

Going to get a few movies at Sams, but other than that everything I was thinking of looking for is here!
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:57 am

This ad looked halfway decent.

Klownicle
Black Friday Pro

Postby Klownicle » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:31 pm

I won't be camping this year but I'll be thinking about that 899.99 3d 55in led from panasonic.

rdub
Black Friday Newbie

Postby rdub » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:07 pm

Both the Kindle Fire HD and Samsung Tablets come with $20-$30 giftcards. As far as I can tell, the prices are pretty much retail but the gift cards would be nice.

What say you BB BF veterans? Are they going to sell out of these first thing in the morning? I can't bring myself to overnight or line up 4 hours early for a $20 gift card but I would definitely be there first thing in the morning if this turns out to be the best deal on a decent tablet this year.

Seanjohnsn
Black Friday Amateur

Postby Seanjohnsn » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:30 pm

I doubt they will sell out of the tablet, since the market is flooded. Lineup 4 hrs early are you kidding? I have been going to BB on Wednesday to get in line..4 hrs early won't cut it in my town. :-)

GinaBeana87
Black Friday Pro

Postby GinaBeana87 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:35 pm

steffj89 wrote:Holy crap! talk about 1 stop shopping everything I want is at BB and I have premier silver this year I should be able to get most of it ordered on Monday!!!

Going to get a few movies at Sams, but other than that everything I was thinking of looking for is here!

So how does one get premier silver? Is this something I have missed the boat on this year? There a A LOT Of things I want in the BB ad.

Nevermind...used google and answered my own question.

For everyone else's reference!

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/silver/benefits
Last edited by GinaBeana87 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JimmyT85
Black Friday Amateur

Postby JimmyT85 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:36 pm

I really like the sound of that Samsung laptop for $349

Discomik
Black Friday Newbie

Postby Discomik » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:18 pm

Seanjohnsn wrote:YEP. I just got an email..viewing it now. $187 laptop.
15.6" screen size, 2GB DDR3 memory, 320GB hard drive and Windows 8.

Really?! I have not received any emails from Best Buy Rewards Zone Premier Silver yet. :(

This has been the first year I have been a Premier Silver member. I haven't used it much, but advance access to the BF deals would be an enormous perk.

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:49 pm

rdub wrote:Both the Kindle Fire HD and Samsung Tablets come with $20-$30 giftcards. As far as I can tell, the prices are pretty much retail but the gift cards would be nice.

What say you BB BF veterans? Are they going to sell out of these first thing in the morning? I can't bring myself to overnight or line up 4 hours early for a $20 gift card but I would definitely be there first thing in the morning if this turns out to be the best deal on a decent tablet this year.

I would say you would be safe, No one is going to trample you to pay anything near MSRP unless you have a ton of ignorant n00bs even then i doubt it. Smart move on your part to buy it then for the gift cards. Just don't plan on spending the gift cards immediately after purchase because they in some instance have certain valid dates for use. Just didn't want you thinking 100% that you could turn around and buy more with them that night just in case they try the ol' bait an switch.

sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro

Postby sportymonkey » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:46 pm

Would anyone like to take a guess at how much the visual land 7" tablet would be??? I looked online and it's 99.99 right now. This is killing me.

indianafanatic
Black Friday Pro

Postby indianafanatic » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:31 am

tinytim35 wrote:if only we could see the "hot price".....

didn't see anything that I can't live without. Wish I hadn't ordered Assassin's Creed 3 on Amazon, but at least I got it for $50 shipped and won't have to fight the crowds for it!!

"Find our 'Hot Prices' at http://www.bestbuy.com/onlineonly on Thanksgiving Day. Online deals start on Thursday"

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:37 pm

What the heck are they doing? They are really trying to build hype this year.

blueredzone
Black Friday Pro

Postby blueredzone » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:39 am

I wonder with the recent move on removing the Samsung product from there ad what are they trying to accomplish?

Maybe another retailer forced Samsung to have best buy pull product from there ad until it hits newspapers?

Or maybe just helping to build hype for some of there deals?

who knows....

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:26 pm

blueredzone wrote:I wonder with the recent move on removing the Samsung product from there ad what are they trying to accomplish?

Maybe another retailer forced Samsung to have best buy pull product from there ad until it hits newspapers?

Or maybe just helping to build hype for some of there deals?

who knows....

I'll tell you a quick story. I was a TV salesman at Sears for over a year. I resigned after Christmas of 2011. Samsung used to play along to the tune where we could choose our price to sell. You could negotiate a better price with a warranty or in some cases without. I love the D8000 Series tv. So I bought a 46" LED couldn't be happier. Normally I would never buy a TV for $2800; However I did so because my Samsung rep kept saying, "John, if you want a Samsung you need to buy this year". I asked why and he told me that Samsung is now forcing the retailers to all have one price for 2012 models. Yes I'm sure the black Friday strip downs and models from older years are going to sell cheap on bf. But I'm buying Samsung for quality. I am so glad I stopped shopping the bf tvs. I went to PC Richard and worked them down to cost which was in the low 1200 range for an open box demo which oddly enough was just opened because they moved the original to the other side of the showroom in the corner. So I took it and got them to throw in 2 3D glasses. I have to say that this TV is just beautiful to look at even when it's off. It consumes barely any electricity and the picture is just stunning. I have guys this year that just blew thousands more for TV's that are comparable to mine, but when they come over they all say that I truly have the best TV.

Sorry I really love their products back to the topic.
I bet anything Samsung is giving them the hold your horses, and your fire!. Those TVs technically shouldn't even have prices listed on them until the customer gets to the store. This however is all information that I know pre 2012 so I'm not sure if it's still valid information. I told you the story about my purchase because I didn't want to risk not being able to afford the TV I wanted because I took a chance and waited only to pay MSRP on 2012 model.

amylange1978
Black Friday Newbie

Postby amylange1978 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:42 pm

Any idea if Best Buy will have the items in the sales ad available online for the same price? I'm really interested in the Samsung Tablet but will more than likely be stuck at walmart when best buy opens! LOL

Return to “Retail Stores”