Black Friday 2012 - Retail Store Deals Discussion

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Re: Target Holiday Price Match policy is posted

Postby jediknight » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:57 pm

override367 wrote:
steffj89 wrote:
override367 wrote:So this means you can buy an item now and price match it if it's on their friday-sunday sale?

It means you CANNOT. They will not match the 22-26.

What if you return it on friday and re-buy it

My local Target used to do that. Allow you to buy something at their store the week of BF, and bring in your receipt etc to have it adjusted on BF.

That's too bad.

cpatrick2202
Black Friday Pro

Postby cpatrick2202 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:04 am

jediknight wrote:
override367 wrote:
steffj89 wrote:So this means you can buy an item now and price match it if it's on their friday-sunday sale?

It means you CANNOT. They will not match the 22-26.

What if you return it on friday and re-buy it

My Target adjusted my rcpt from Tuesday at 5am on BF with no problems at all..., and I had one of the $147 TV's on it. Target's "corporate policies" should always be taken with a grain of salt. It just depends on the store in my experience even with their coupon policies. When I bought the TV on Tuesday, I knew I ran the risk of having to just return it; but I figured I'd give it a shot anyway. I'm just NOT going out on Thanksgiving night! These stupid 9pm, 10pm, and Midnight sales have RUINED BF IMO. So, I took a chance. It paid off for me at 5am on BF.

BF364
Black Friday Pro

Postby BF364 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:37 am

I tried prebuying a portable DVD player that was going to go on sale in a Target BF 2008 sale the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and was told that not only would they not price adjust, in order to return & rebuy it at the BF price, the player would have to be reshelved and I would have to go back to the Electronics department and then try to grab it up again (in competition with the other BF shoppers). So I just returned it and gave up on Target's BF follies. I wouldn't count on being able to do either of those suggested strategies (especially since Target's official published corporate strategy then was to price match their own lowest prices within 30 days). It may well be a store by store thing, but since I got the short end of the stick too many times in BF 2008 sales, I gave up on shopping the BF sales of the biggest players like Target & Wal-Mart.

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Postby jediknight » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:43 am

cpatrick2202 wrote:
My Target adjusted my rcpt from Tuesday at 5am on BF with no problems at all..., and I had one of the $147 TV's on it. Target's "corporate policies" should always be taken with a grain of salt. It just depends on the store in my experience even with their coupon policies. When I bought the TV on Tuesday, I knew I ran the risk of having to just return it; but I figured I'd give it a shot anyway. I'm just NOT going out on Thanksgiving night! These stupid 9pm, 10pm, and Midnight sales have RUINED BF IMO. So, I took a chance. It paid off for me at 5am on BF.
[/quote]

Thank you so much for posting this.

I was told by my store in the past that they do this, however, I heard about this policy this year.

In this case, I did not need anything at Target this year, but I will check with them again in the future - thanks for the info! :D

Return to “Retail Stores”