Black Friday Pro

Re: Target Holiday Price Match policy is posted

Postby m_williams79 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:07 pm

Wish they would pm on BF tho

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:31 pm

For reference, I copied Target's holiday price-match policies below. I've bolded parts that I found interesting.

Holiday Price Match

Shop with confidence all season long!

Price Matching: Target Prices and Competitor Printed Ads

We’ll match the price if you buy a qualifying item at a Target store between Nov. 1 and Dec. 24 and find the identical item for less at Target, Target.com, or in a competitor’s local printed ad. Simply bring in proof of the current lower price and we’ll match that price at Guest Service.

• Must bring in original Target receipt when requesting the price match by Dec. 24.
• The item must be the identical item, brand name, size, weight, color, quantity, and model number.
• For matching Target.com, the retail price must be shown on the Target.com website and must be valid at the time the price match is requested. Target.com pricing must be validated by a Target team member.
• For matching competitor ads, the retail price must be shown in the competitor’s advertisement and must be valid the day the price match is requested.
• Competitor catalogs can be matched as long as the catalog displays a current date, retail price and meets all other competitor ad match qualifications.
Price matches for prices offered Nov. 22-24 by Target, Target.com, or a competitor, are excluded
• We reserve the right to verify a competitor’s advertised price and the availability of the item.

Price Matching: Select Online Competitors

We’ll match the price if you buy a qualifying item at a Target store between Nov. 1 and Dec. 16 and find the identical item for less at Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com or BabiesRUs.com. Simply show us the current online price using your mobile device, or bring in a printed page showing the current online price by Dec. 16. The online price and availability will be validated by a Target team member at Guest Service.

Excludes “Marketplace” prices: Price matched items must be sold by Walmart.com, Amazon.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, or BabiesRUs.com; prices from 3rd party sellers on these websites will not be honored.
Excludes Target stores in Alaska and Hawaii.
Limit quantity of 1 online price match, per identical item, per guest.
• Must bring in original Target receipt when requesting the price match by Dec. 16.
• The retail price must be shown on the competitor’s website and must be valid at the time the price match is requested.
• The item must be the identical item, brand name, size, weight, color, quantity, and model number.
Online prices from Nov. 22-26 are excluded.
• Excludes online prices from competitors not listed above.

What is excluded from the Holiday Price Match?

In addition, the following exclusions apply:
Items originally purchased at Target.com
• Prices that only display on a website after guest login
CityTarget stores
Items that are out of stock at Target or a competitor at the time the price match is requested; rainchecks will not be issued for any item being price matched
• Items advertised as limited time / limited supply / limited quantity
• Paid membership club or paid loyalty programs (e.g. prices that require a club or loyalty card that is associated with a membership fee)
• Competitor coupon-required or gift card offers
• Competitor price matches on items where Target is offering a free giftcard
• Prices advertised only as a percent off or $ off
• Buy one, get one if the retail price is not shown in the advertisement
• Free product where no qualifying purchase is required
• Bundled offers (including Amazon.com add-on items) and special purchases
Timed events (e.g., early bird, door busters)
• Sales tax promotions
• Damaged, refurbished, and open package product
• Clearance or closeout items
• Mail in offers or instant rebates
• Product services (warranties, assembly, etc.)
• Going-out-of-business liquidations
• Offers that include financing
• Used or previously owned items
• Pricing or typographical errors
• Target Portrait Studio, Optical, and Clinic offers
• Non-branded items (e.g., produce not marketed under a specific brand name)
• Contract cell phone plans and devices
Daily Deals, Lightning Deals, Gold Box Deals, Today’s Deals, Deal of the Day, Deal Near to Me, Value of the Day, Special Buy
• Target team member discounts may not be used with online competitor price match

All matches are done against pre-tax prices; guest is responsible for applicable taxes.

[...]

What qualifies as proof of a price?

• For printed ads: please show us the entire printed advertisement. Photos, photocopies, or mobile phone versions (of the ad cannot be accepted as verification of a competitor’s printed ad.
• For online prices: please show us your mobile device or a printout from a qualifying competitor’s website or Target.com. A Target team member will then verify the match using a Target device.

Can I use a coupon when price matching?

A guest can use coupons when price matching per Target's normal coupon policy. When the guest presents a coupon(s), these steps will be followed:
• Manufacturer Coupons: Manufacturer coupons will be applied after the price match is made.
• Target Coupons: Target coupons will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Target coupon has been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor's price.
• Combining both Target and Manufacturer Coupons: The Target coupon will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Target coupon has been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor's price. Once the price match is made the manufacturer coupon will be applied.
• Reminder: We accept one manufacturer coupon and one Target coupon for the same item unless either coupon prohibits it. Target does not ad match a competitor’s coupon-required offers.

What do you mean by local retail competitors?

This refers to retail stores located within the same market area as a particular Target store. Examples of a market area can be a city, a metropolitan area or a specific rural region.

(Please note that I omitted the policies for "CityTarget" stores. You can read the full CityTarget policies via the link in the top post. Basically, CityTarget policies are more restrictive, where they don't match regular Target store prices or any online prices.)

Sparkle2217
Black Friday Pro

Postby Sparkle2217 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:59 pm

Price matches for prices offered Nov. 22-24 by Target, Target.com, or a competitor, are excluded

I only shopped at target one time and that's when I brought the disney princess kitchen set last year when it was in the toy book. On BF it went on sale for another $20 bucks I think and I took it back and got the price difference. Now they are saying they pretty much won't do this unless I am clearly reading this wrong? Not a fan of target that's why I only shopped there that one time but I really think this is unfair considering if the item can be considered a hot item, why not buy it now and if it goes on sale on BF you can price match it or get the difference.

sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro

Postby sportymonkey » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:44 am

I'm excited that they are finally price matching their own online site. Last year was a pita when seeing it on sale for x amount, and then it was double the price at the store.

override367
Black Friday Newbie

Postby override367 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:07 am

So this means you can buy an item now and price match it if it's on their friday-sunday sale?

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:12 am

override367 wrote:So this means you can buy an item now and price match it if it's on their friday-sunday sale?

It means you CANNOT. They will not match the 22-26.
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

karenkga
Black Friday Newbie

Postby karenkga » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:23 am

So what if I want to go today to buy something, and Target.com has it lower than the store price. Will they honor that if I pull it up on my ipad?

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:25 am

it sounds like that is the plan yes.
steffsbags@ymail.com

karenkga
Black Friday Newbie

Postby karenkga » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:31 am

I love Target. ;-)

override367
Black Friday Newbie

Postby override367 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:34 am

steffj89 wrote:
override367 wrote:So this means you can buy an item now and price match it if it's on their friday-sunday sale?

It means you CANNOT. They will not match the 22-26.

What if you return it on friday and re-buy it

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:45 am

I wouldn't expect the return desk to be open for a good portion of things thurs nite into friday....

Steff
steffsbags@ymail.com

override367
Black Friday Newbie

Postby override367 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:54 am

Oh well, none of the deals are very good this year (just like last year) anyway, except for the items that they probably won't even actually have any of like when i worked at Target ($20 dvd players in 2004, we had 2 of them)

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:04 pm

steffj89 wrote:I wouldn't expect the return desk to be open for a good portion of things thurs nite into friday....

Steff

see i'm curious about this because all of our smaller targets (not super target) no longer have a full customer service desk. the 'customer service' is now the express check out lanes. you can return stuff there or pay for stuff. normally i would say the customer service desk would not be open during the early hours, but what about these customer service checkout lanes? lol

override367
Black Friday Newbie

Postby override367 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:32 pm

When I worked at target we could process returns at any register during the holidays, but again that was years ago so I dunno now

Return to “Retail Stores”