Postby Shopper X » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:54 pm

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/business/177991621.html

Boston Store: open at 12 midnight
Younkers: open at 12 midnight

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Re: 2012 Store Opening Times

Postby teknoge3k » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:01 pm

desiredusername wrote:We will be opening at 6am at jcpenney.

Most stores are opening earlier. Why is JCP opening later than normal? Typically it's 5am for them. It's been that way for many years.. :?:
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

desiredusername
Black Friday Amateur

Postby desiredusername » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:08 pm

I honestly have no idea why. My store has always opened at 3:30am in the past. All new leaders at the top, though, so I'm not really surprised, either.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:59 pm

desiredusername wrote:I honestly have no idea why. My store has always opened at 3:30am in the past. All new leaders at the top, though, so I'm not really surprised, either.

I want your opinion, as a manager. I know in my area, everyone has pretty much abandoned JCP, as well as a lot of people here on the board. They've gone downhill FAST imho. Do you see that trend in your store or does corporate realize that the company is failing miserably in some markets?
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

desiredusername
Black Friday Amateur

Postby desiredusername » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:31 pm

I think people have to remember that we are still in the middle of our transformation. We still have about 2 years to go until all of the stores are finished, all of our new brands have been implemented, all of our new services are implemented, and, most importantly, we are fixing and tweaking things along the way.

Sure our heads are spinning day to day trying to keep up with all of the tweaks and changes, but they ARE challenging those aspects of the business that haven't proved well. This is definitely hard to see from a consumer standpoint. This company is not afraid to take on an entirely new business model that goes against everything consumers are used to, hit a few major speed bumps along the way, but at the end of the day, admit they should continue to make changes and mold their plan without altering their vision.

Ron Johnson has stated that in the areas of our stores that have been complete - those adhering to the new shop concept - are performing far better than expected. This is true! BUT, keep in mind that we only have a handful of these shops in each store. The rest of the store - the MAJORITY of the store - is still in transition mode.

We simply cannot re-build our entire company over night, and have it be exactly perfect on day one or day 365. Although losses have been a bit more than expected, they were still expected; for now. We would be silly to expect anything else.

Disclaimer: The opinions stated above are solely those of my own. They in no way reflect the jcp corporation.

blueredzone
Black Friday Pro

Postby blueredzone » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:35 pm

HHGregg is opening on Thanksgiving at 10pm per Company facebook page

FlyersSuperFan
Black Friday Amateur

Postby FlyersSuperFan » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:12 am

Butterfly71076 wrote:Anybody else slightly upset by these opening times?? I thought it was Black FRIDAY, not open as early on Thanksgiving as you possibly can. Target and Walmart with sales starting at 8pm???? It is totally sucking the fun out of it for me. For the first time, I am not looking forward to this, I might not even go. So far, no "deal" is worth leaving my family on Thanksgiving to go shopping. So, everyone shops at 8pm on Thanksgiving, people are finished by midnight, and all those retailers are sitting there with fully staffed, empty stores. I really hope a lot of other people feel the same so stores go back to early morning openings and Black Friday goes back to being on Friday.

Amen to everything you just said!

Bfad47
Black Friday Newbie

Postby Bfad47 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:41 pm

Menards will be opening at 5 a.m. Friday

Jlynn771
Black Friday Newbie

Postby Jlynn771 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:59 pm

Then of course if you live in Massachusetts (or Rhode Island) that still enforce the old Colonial Day Blue Laws ... the stores are not allowed to be open on Thanksgiving. They also cannot open at midnight... most stores here in MA have pushed their times to 12:30 or 1am on BF. So I'm hoping some of those Thanksgiving deals will be available online... either that or I have to drive to Connecticut. :wink:

Cabana-Queen
Black Friday Newbie

Postby Cabana-Queen » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:12 pm

Has anyone heard about Old Navy for Thanksgiving Day :?: We have shopped there the last couple of years after hitting Kmart. I see they have ads about a game system on Thursday but no hours are posted for that day. Please help, I am the leader of our shopping crew and need a game plan. Thanks

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:28 pm

The Old Navy Cheermageddon site's store locator can be used to look up hours for individual stores. Some stores have "Special Store Hours" listed for Thanksgiving and Black Friday. (But, I notice that quite a few stores are missing this information. Hopefully, your store will be listed. If not, you might want to call them up and ask.)

http://www.cheermageddon.com/locations.html

Cabana-Queen
Black Friday Newbie

Postby Cabana-Queen » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:13 pm

Thank you so much! Called my local store to double check, wouldn't answer.....grrrr.

robb01
Black Friday Pro

Postby robb01 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:18 pm

Saw that the local farm store opens at 2 am :shock:

Return to “Retail Stores”