2012 Store Opening Times

Black Friday 2012 - Retail Store Deals Discussion

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

packers
Black Friday Pro

Re: 2012 Store Opening Times

Postby packers » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:50 pm

8 pm on Thanksgiving? That just seems a bit early. I feel bad for their employees who wanted to have a nice meal with their family out of town. I love shopping on BF, but not sure i will be out at 8 pm on Thanksgiving! We go out of town to eat with our family and usually don't get back until after that time.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:07 pm

8pm on Thanksgiving I was sitting in line at Walmart with my buggy full waiting to check out!
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

packers
Black Friday Pro

Postby packers » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:39 pm

teknoge3k wrote:8pm on Thanksgiving I was sitting in line at Walmart with my buggy full waiting to check out!

Funny! Our WM doesn't open until midnight since it is closed on Thanksgiving so if I wanted to go there I would have to be in line also (outside in the cold)! Perhaps I'll hit all the stores while everyone else is in line at WM!!!

blueredzone
Black Friday Pro

Postby blueredzone » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:32 pm

any news on hhgregg store times?

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:40 pm

blueredzone wrote:any news on hhgregg store times?

I think they opened at midnight last year, but could be wrong. If they did though, they'll likely follow along this year and open at midnight as well.

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:42 pm

teknoge3k is correct. HHGregg opened at midnight last year, with early bird until 11 am. The 2011 ad said, "Doorbusters midnight until 11 a.m. or while supplies last."

bubblesofun69
Black Friday Newbie

Postby bubblesofun69 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:58 pm

Ok so I have confirmed from managers in my area walmart and target are both opening at 8pm on thursday.... I don't see them on your list but thats what I have been told by all 4 of the stores in my city

bubblesofun69
Black Friday Newbie

Postby bubblesofun69 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:01 pm

teknoge3k wrote:8pm on Thanksgiving I was sitting in line at Walmart with my buggy full waiting to check out!

Our walmart took away our items sitting in our cart cause we didn't wait till 10pm to get them... so they made an example out of our group... literally the only ones they did it to and I was pissed.. your lucky your walmart isn't full of assholes! I need to go to yours I guess lol

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:16 pm

Thanks for the Target and Walmart scoops. However, I'll be holding off on adding those stores to the list, probably until we get the official announcements. I note that other sources including some news articles have published other, contradictory information about Walmart's opening time.

I found another news article that had listed a rumored opening time for Toys R Us, but the "journalist" who wrote the article cited examiner.com as one of his sources.

FYI, it appears that Belk might be opening at midnight, according to this article which I trust since the information seems to have come from an interview with a Belk manager.

[Edit: added text, removed unsubstantiated information]

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:11 pm

bubblesofun69 wrote:Ok so I have confirmed from managers in my area walmart and target are both opening at 8pm on thursday.... I don't see them on your list but thats what I have been told by all 4 of the stores in my city

Just curious as to how they [Walmart] open at 8pm when they're open all day on Thanksgiving? Does the Walmarts in your area close on Thanksgiving, or do you mean their sales start at 8pm? If that's the case, that does suck because you'd have to be there by 4 or 5 on Thanksgiving Day (at least in my area) to get what you want.

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

scrappingsteph
Black Friday Pro

Postby scrappingsteph » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:37 am

Around here, the 24 hour walgreens start their thanksgiving / black Friday sales at 12:01 thurs am since they don't close.

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:14 am

Per the Green Bay Gazette article, Shopko will be open a split shift on Thanksgiving.

Shopko:
- open Thursday 8 am to 1 pm
- open again Thursday 9 pm through Friday 11 pm.
There will be different doorbuster items on sale for both Thursday openings.

Shopko Hometown stores:
- open Thursday 8 am to 4 pm.
- open Friday 5 am to 9 pm

Shopko.com:
- special online deals Thursday 8 am to 1 pm
- more online deals Thursday 9 pm through Friday 12 noon

jrkmorgan
Black Friday Newbie

Postby jrkmorgan » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:37 pm

Any ideas yet on Online Sales Start times yet? Will a list be done of the online times?

Thanks for your list, I was looking for the info on the main page links "Online Sales Timeline", and it was blank!

Butterfly71076
Black Friday Newbie

Postby Butterfly71076 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:56 pm

Anybody else slightly upset by these opening times?? I thought it was Black FRIDAY, not open as early on Thanksgiving as you possibly can. Target and Walmart with sales starting at 8pm???? It is totally sucking the fun out of it for me. For the first time, I am not looking forward to this, I might not even go. So far, no "deal" is worth leaving my family on Thanksgiving to go shopping. So, everyone shops at 8pm on Thanksgiving, people are finished by midnight, and all those retailers are sitting there with fully staffed, empty stores. I really hope a lot of other people feel the same so stores go back to early morning openings and Black Friday goes back to being on Friday.

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:13 pm

jrkmorgan wrote:Any ideas yet on Online Sales Start times yet? Will a list be done of the online times?

I personally do not do anything regarding online sales (because I don't shop online so I don't pay attention to it). However, I believe that BFAds.net compiles this information? Or, perhaps someone else on this forum (XmasDVD?) does? Historically, I've noticed that BFAds.net compiles Cyber Monday information in the days between Black Friday and Cyber Monday, but I don't know what they plan to do this year given that now so many online sales are starting before Black Friday.

Return to “Retail Stores”