Black Friday 2012 - Official Deal Announcements

Moderator: teknoge3k

TitansFan
Black Friday Pro

Re: Walmart

Postby TitansFan » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:07 pm

Valtar wrote:
TitansFan wrote:
TitansFan wrote:As far as the XBox games for $25, are those on a pallet? I haven't been to WalMart on BF when the pallets are unwrapped. I'm usually at Best Buy, but this WalMart ad has great Xbox game prices for our boys.

I guess I'm wanting to know what to expect. I remember going somewhere on a BF and they had the games locked up and we had to get an employee to pull the games that we wanted. Is it just a free-for-all with all the Xbox games on a pallet or are there employees handing them out...I just wanted to prepare myself for what could lie ahead.

This is how it is for video games at the Walmart I go to on BF, for the nicer games they have at most 10 of each:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw3Wg2hXk3A

It is much more civilized for big items though, they make big lines inside the store and hand out vouchers.

Thanks for posting the video. Yep, I had a feeling it would be like that. This will be my 5th BF and I've only been to WalMart when the big rush was over and the pallets were gone.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:07 pm

anyone know anything about the RCA Streaming box for $29?
was thinking about getting a bluray for my bedroom so i can watch netflix in there but maybe this will be ok?

El Zorro
Black Friday Pro

Postby El Zorro » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:10 pm

bfaddict wrote:anyone know anything about the RCA Streaming box for $29?
was thinking about getting a bluray for my bedroom so i can watch netflix in there but maybe this will be ok?

I don't remember which one was on sale last year at WM for BF, but I got my mom something like that and she has loved it. She watches Netflix all the time on it. If you're more of a Netflix person than a deep blu ray library, I would definitely say go for it.

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:12 pm

darisgibson wrote:anyone on ... from pa??
That did walmart last year???? Am i posting at the right location??? so sorry... I dont have a clue

I am from PA and have been doing WMs sales for quite a few years now, ever since the supercenter in our area opened. If I read correctly, you were looking to get an Ipad? If I were you, I would get there between 4-5pm for your best chance. They have aisles with balloons to mark where the ticketed items will be (there is also a coordinating map). You will be there for quite a long time, so make sure you bring things with you to do, such as a book or something, light snacks and a bottle of water or your beverage of choice to sip on. Once you are in line, you CAN NOT get out of line, or you lose your place. They do allow a bathroom pass, so if you have to pee, they give you a pass to go and hold on to your ticket for you.

The best thing to do is, the week of, or even on Wednesday, scope out your store. Do some recon work. Talk to the employees and managers that you may already know. Also, if you're planning on getting other things, you may want to have a 2nd person with you. You aren't allowed to get out of line to shop, at least not at any of our Walmarts in my neck of the PA woods.

Best of luck to you!! :D

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:20 pm

El Zorro wrote:
bfaddict wrote:anyone know anything about the RCA Streaming box for $29?

I don't remember which one was on sale last year at WM for BF, but I got my mom something like that and she has loved it. She watches Netflix all the time on it. If you're more of a Netflix person than a deep blu ray library, I would definitely say go for it.

thanks!! hope it's the same one. i rarely watch actual movies since you can find nearly anything on netflix anymore lol

i think i told myself last year that i would NOT be going to walmart this year... but my list keeps growing...

soy.lor.n
Black Friday Newbie

Postby soy.lor.n » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:39 pm

carmenslackey wrote:
darisgibson wrote:anyone on ... from pa??
That did walmart last year???? Am i posting at the right location??? so sorry... I dont have a clue

I am from PA and have been doing WMs sales for quite a few years now, ever since the supercenter in our area opened. If I read correctly, you were looking to get an Ipad? If I were you, I would get there between 4-5pm for your best chance. They have aisles with balloons to mark where the ticketed items will be (there is also a coordinating map). You will be there for quite a long time, so make sure you bring things with you to do, such as a book or something, light snacks and a bottle of water or your beverage of choice to sip on. Once you are in line, you CAN NOT get out of line, or you lose your place. They do allow a bathroom pass, so if you have to pee, they give you a pass to go and hold on to your ticket for you. ...

I think the question that several of us have is... Will this fact still apply for the 3 guaranteed in stock items (the iPad is one of those 3)? Or if we get to the store and in line by 11 will we be guaranteed our item?

I doubt anyone here can know for certain unless we have any WalMart insiders, since that's a new feature this year.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:43 pm

i have a feeling walmart doesn't even know how they're going to handle that situation.

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:44 pm

bfaddict wrote:i have a feeling walmart doesn't even know how they're going to handle that situation.

Lol that's probably the right answer

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:53 pm

did i read that someone in here bought the $30 storage bench one year?? if i want that does it mean i'm going to have to use a cart? :?

darn this house for not having enough closet space.....

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:11 pm

I have bought a couple of those benches, my kids have the unique ability to kill anything not solid wood and made like a church pew....they are great for storage, but yes to cart it around the store it would take a buggy.
Steff
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

zack54attack
Black Friday Amateur

Postby zack54attack » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:20 pm

TitansFan wrote:As far as the XBox games for $25, are those on a pallet? I haven't been to WalMart on BF when the pallets are unwrapped. I'm usually at Best Buy, but this WalMart ad has great Xbox game prices for our boys.

They always have the games in the cases. What I've done the past few years is when i get there early, I find an employee and tell him I'm buying the game at normal price. Then I grab what I want, and I wait in line. The Sale price won't be until a certain time, but at least you'll avoid some long lines and get the sale price.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:26 pm

steffj89 wrote:I have bought a couple of those benches, my kids have the unique ability to kill anything not solid wood and made like a church pew....they are great for storage, but yes to cart it around the store it would take a buggy.
Steff

can i push it on the floor and plow over people?? :twisted:

although i think walmart isn't too bad with a cart unless you're in the area of video games/dvds. then it's a freaking nightmare.

ikey2
Forum Moderator

Postby ikey2 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:26 pm

zack54attack wrote:

They always have the games in the cases. What I've done the past few years is when i get there early, I find an employee and tell him I'm buying the game at normal price. Then I grab what I want, and I wait in line. The Sale price won't be until a certain time, but at least you'll avoid some long lines and get the sale price.

Usually from my experience that does not work since the ones in the case have a different Sku # than the ones for Black Friday. Not saying your wrong or anything but if it has worked for you great.
“Every time a cash register rings, a food court employee gets his Buffalo Wings.”
Hester, Pat

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly!

Andy Rooney

zack54attack
Black Friday Amateur

Postby zack54attack » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:31 pm

ikey2 wrote:
zack54attack wrote:

Usually from my experience that does not work since the ones in the case have a different Sku # than the ones for Black Friday. Not saying your wrong or anything but if it has worked for you great.

It's worked the past 2 years. I just tell the employee that I want to buy it now. Then I wait in line.

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:41 pm

bfaddict wrote:
steffj89 wrote:I have bought a couple of those benches, my kids have the unique ability to kill anything not solid wood and made like a church pew....they are great for storage, but yes to cart it around the store it would take a buggy.
Steff

can i push it on the floor and plow over people?? :twisted:

although i think walmart isn't too bad with a cart unless you're in the area of video games/dvds. then it's a freaking nightmare.

maybe....LOL sorry I am thinking of buying another one, but only if I can get it online and have it shipped to the house for 30$
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

Return to “Official Deal Announcements”