Walmart

Black Friday 2012 - Official Deal Announcements

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

cddd
Black Friday Pro

Re: Walmart

Postby cddd » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:56 pm

Debs1973 wrote:
cddd wrote:I'm also excited about the xbox live 3 month subscription for $11.96. My son is it. Question though, can I buy more than one card and save them 'til the end of the 3 months and re-new with a new card or do they have to be used by a certain time?

Also....If I have more than one son that wants xbox live subscription, do they each need their own card or can they share?

You can buy as many cards as the sale will allow you just would not activate them until each 3 month subscription ends and as for multiple accounts you can only log into a "live" with one Xbox sign on name so unless they want to share a screen name/Log on then you would need a seperate "live" account for each Sign in Name seperately

Thanks, Debs. I think I'll buy at least 2 if I can.

cddd
Black Friday Pro

Postby cddd » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:58 pm

teknoge3k wrote:
cddd wrote:We don't have a Blue-ray player. Is the one listed for $38 a good deal? If so, I'm going to try and grab one and some of the blue-ray dvds. Especially Brave for 8.98!

The $38 is a good deal. However other stores have ones with built in WiFi for not much more. (I think around $60?)... You may consider the ones with WiFi built in. ;)

Thanks Tek! How is having WiFi better? Can you download onto it or something? lol I know NOTHING about how that works. We have a wii and it has WiFi that we use for Netflix. Is it similar to that?

cddd
Black Friday Pro

Postby cddd » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:02 pm

rapidturtle wrote:As far as the Xbox live card goes, watch hot deals on this web site. They just had a one year on a site for $35. Much better deal than the 3 months, and you don't have to wait in the lines.

Thanks! I've never bought the xbox live cards before, I just saw that the 3 month had a savings of like $12? I think...anyways, I just figured one for a year was really expensive...lol $35 is a much better deal! I'll look around and see what I can find :-)

cddd
Black Friday Pro

Postby cddd » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:04 pm

Shopper X wrote:For your reading pleasure, the 1-hour In Stock Guarantee fine print from the ad is:
The Walmart ad wrote:1-Hour In Stock Guarantee on these 3 items!
* In-Store Only.
Limit 1 per customer, per item.
Offer available from 10 p.m. - 11 p.m.
* If any of these 3 items do sell out in the first hour, we'll offer a Guarantee Card for the item, ensuring that the product will be shipped to that store for you before Christmas.

* Guarantee Card distribution will end 1 hour after Black Friday event start time. Limit 1 Guarantee Card per person, per item. Payment must be made upon checkout for the Guarantee Card. Not valid in Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico. Merchandise will be delivered to the same store where the Guarantee Card was purchased. Customers will receive notice via email when the item has been shipped and is available for pick up. Valid email address required. Guarantee Cards must be registered at walmart.com/BlackFridayCard by 11:59 PM CST, Sunday, November 25, 2012. If not registered during that time, the Guarantee Card will become a standard Walmart Gift Card, loaded with amount of Black Friday item purchase price. All standard Walmart Gift Card terms and conditions will apply. If card is lost or stolen, take the original receipt to your local store for a replacement card. Guarantee Cards not redeemed may receive a full refund with original receipt.

What 3 items was this talking about? I'm lazy and don't want to go search for it myself...lol

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:06 pm

iPad 2 16GB w/ WiFi $399
LG BluRay player $38
Emerson 32" HDTV $148
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

cddd
Black Friday Pro

Postby cddd » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:08 pm

teknoge3k wrote:iPad 2 16GB w/ WiFi $399
LG BluRay player $38
Emerson 32" HDTV $148

NCBF
Black Friday Pro

Postby NCBF » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:12 pm

I see that apple store has Refurbed Ipad 2 with Wifi 16GB for $319 plus free ship.

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FC979 ... generation

Comes with 1 yr warranty (just like new). I have ordered several refurbs from apple and all arrived looking/working like new.

Might want to hop on this or keep checking back to avoid BF Walmart Rush.

El Zorro
Black Friday Pro

Postby El Zorro » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:11 pm

cddd wrote:
teknoge3k wrote:
cddd wrote:We don't have a Blue-ray player. Is the one listed for $38 a good deal? If so, I'm going to try and grab one and some of the blue-ray dvds. Especially Brave for 8.98!

The $38 is a good deal. However other stores have ones with built in WiFi for not much more. (I think around $60?)... You may consider the ones with WiFi built in. ;)

Thanks Tek! How is having WiFi better? Can you download onto it or something? lol I know NOTHING about how that works. We have a wii and it has WiFi that we use for Netflix. Is it similar to that?

Blu-Ray players need to be updated from time to time to access some Blu-Ray's special features. I'm not sure about them running Netflix, to be honest. That's why Blu-Ray Players with WiFi is important. Sometimes it can be a pain.

I don't have a Blu-Ray player, I watch my movies on my Playstation 3, but I know sometimes a warning will pop up that says "Make sure your player is up to date".

momoffive
Black Friday Newbie

Postby momoffive » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:05 pm

I have the brother sewing machine that is 50. Walmart had it on black friday I think 2 year's ago and it work's great. I sew pretty often on it but I am just a beginner. So I would def. get it and upgrade when you get experienced.

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:23 pm

I like the concept for those three items.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:47 pm

wish we could multi-quote on here....

thanks for the comments about the sewing machine. i was a little leary about the $50 one since it only existed in the black friday ad so glad to see a good report on that one.

after looking at reviews on singer i was kinda leaning towards the $160 one because it had more of the pre-programed stitches and i thought they looked kinda neat.

i do not know how to sew AT ALL. so i'm just wanting it for small projects and crafts.

i wonder if joann's will have good deals for machines on BF?

PokeMeg
Black Friday Pro

Postby PokeMeg » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:17 pm

bfaddict wrote:wish we could multi-quote on here....

thanks for the comments about the sewing machine. i was a little leary about the $50 one since it only existed in the black friday ad so glad to see a good report on that one.

after looking at reviews on singer i was kinda leaning towards the $160 one because it had more of the pre-programed stitches and i thought they looked kinda neat.

i do not know how to sew AT ALL. so i'm just wanting it for small projects and crafts.

i wonder if joann's will have good deals for machines on BF?
Last weekend they had a sale on some machine that was $99...so their machines do go on sale! They usually do not allow you to use coupons on the machines or dressforms though. D:
"Every flight begins with a fall", the crow said. "Look down."

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:33 pm

PokeMeg wrote:Last weekend they had a sale on some machine that was $99...so their machines do go on sale! They usually do not allow you to use coupons on the machines or dressforms though. D:

i did notice on the two singer machines that the savings were super huge. maybe i should stick with the $50 one to make sure i'll actually use the thing. who knows if i'll use the fancy stitches lol

thanks everyone!

cddd
Black Friday Pro

Postby cddd » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:53 pm

Thanks El Zorro! You convinced me to get a blue-ray player with WiFi. I think that would be the much wiser choice :-)

By the way....Welcome to the boards!

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:06 pm

i would recommend bluray with wifi also. even though i eventually hooked mine up to my router cause it's right by it.
it updates A LOT.

Return to “Official Deal Announcements”