Walmart

Black Friday 2012 - Official Deal Announcements

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

eabates
Black Friday Newbie

Re: Walmart

Postby eabates » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:47 pm

Thanks for your reply. I believe the 16 gb one is also the 4th generation. On the Amazon.com website, it states that the 5th generation only comes in 32 or 64 gb. I was hoping for a deal for the 5th genration. Maybe it will come up on another website. Thanks :)

soy.lor.n
Black Friday Newbie

Postby soy.lor.n » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:55 pm

eabates wrote:Thanks for your reply. I believe the 16 gb one is also the 4th generation. On the Amazon.com website, it states that the 5th generation only comes in 32 or 64 gb. I was hoping for a deal for the 5th genration. Maybe it will come up on another website. Thanks :)

It's tough... watching deals over the last few years (on mobile tech in particular) it seems like there are always really good deals on last year's devices - mostly just to clear out old stock. You usually have to pay full price for the new stuff (aka the things that aren't already outdated)

Valtar
Black Friday Pro

Postby Valtar » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:56 pm

Yes, you're right, the new Ipod comes only on 32 and 64GB. Then the Ipod on last page would be the obsolete 8GB?

Last year I bought an 8GB Ipod at Target for 189 less 10% apple coupon plus a $50 gift card, much better deal than this year's Walmart.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:17 pm

Anyone sew here? I've been contemplating getting a machine. Just for beginner stuff. Wonder if anyone had opinions on the 3 sewing machines in the ad

TitansFan
Black Friday Pro

Postby TitansFan » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:29 pm

TitansFan wrote:As far as the XBox games for $25, are those on a pallet? I haven't been to WalMart on BF when the pallets are unwrapped. I'm usually at Best Buy, but this WalMart ad has great Xbox game prices for our boys.

I guess I'm wanting to know what to expect. I remember going somewhere on a BF and they had the games locked up and we had to get an employee to pull the games that we wanted. Is it just a free-for-all with all the Xbox games on a pallet or are there employees handing them out...I just wanted to prepare myself for what could lie ahead.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:39 pm

TitansFan wrote:
TitansFan wrote:As far as the XBox games for $25, are those on a pallet? I haven't been to WalMart on BF when the pallets are unwrapped. I'm usually at Best Buy, but this WalMart ad has great Xbox game prices for our boys.

I guess I'm wanting to know what to expect. I remember going somewhere on a BF and they had the games locked up and we had to get an employee to pull the games that we wanted. Is it just a free-for-all with all the Xbox games on a pallet or are there employees handing them out...I just wanted to prepare myself for what could lie ahead.

They are on a pallet in little red shelves. Most of the movies/games are.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

candycanegirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby candycanegirl » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:39 pm

On the last page, it says "Black Friday starts early online". I would assume that doesn't include the doorbusters like the tvs, blu ray player, etc. or else why would anyone go to the store when you could order at 12am on Thanksgiving Day?

BFgirl78
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFgirl78 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:41 pm

candycanegirl wrote:On the last page, it says "Black Friday starts early online". I would assume that doesn't include the doorbusters like the tvs, blu ray player, etc. or else why would anyone go to the store when you could order at 12am on Thanksgiving Day?

I read it like they were going to have specials that are only available on line starting 12 am Thanksgiving day.

Kaelha
Black Friday Pro

Postby Kaelha » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:13 pm

bfaddict wrote:Anyone sew here? I've been contemplating getting a machine. Just for beginner stuff. Wonder if anyone had opinions on the 3 sewing machines in the ad

I sew a lot. The sewing machines listed are pretty basic. Personally, I have two Husqvarna Viking machines for sewing and one serger. I bought a $100 Brother machine (CE-4000) and I have been very pleased with the performance. I honestly think it sews straighter than the my Viking. I think that if you don't do a lot of heavy sewing, the Brother might be the way to go. At that price, you can't really go too wrong.

Edited to add that I haven't bought or sewn on a Singer in years. I have heard mixed reviews on their durability but have no first hand knowledge. The old Singers were work horses, but the quality of the brand has gone down over the years as I was told. I sewed on my mom's old Singer as a kid and it did great. That machine was bought in 1962 though lol.

vbryant1972
Black Friday Amateur

Postby vbryant1972 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:15 pm

darisgibson wrote:anyone on ... from pa??
That did walmart last year???? Am i posting at the right location??? so sorry... I dont have a clue

where at in pa? urs was a freaking nightmare at 10... i cannot imagine what 8 will be like....

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:36 pm

bfaddict wrote:Anyone sew here? I've been contemplating getting a machine. Just for beginner stuff. Wonder if anyone had opinions on the 3 sewing machines in the ad

The Brother LS2350 sewing machine seems to be a bespoke version for Walmart, possibly just for Black Friday. However, it looks very, very much like a rebadged LS2250PRW Project Runway sewing machine.

I highly recommend you read the message boards and sewing machine reviews at patternreview.com if you're thinking of buying a sewing machine. You will learn a lot, and it will open your eyes to things like the Singer stuff mentioned above. I didn't see any reviews there for the three Black Friday machines, but you can read about similar machines to get a feel for what the different manufacturers are like.

My preference is for cheap, basic, mechanical sewing machines, so I'd lean towards the $50 Brother.

LHaro
Black Friday Pro

Postby LHaro » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:47 pm

I was wondering the same. I'm a total beginner - just need something for finishing small projects so I was looking at the cheapest one. I couldn't find that model # listed online so I wasn't able to find any reviews.

Valtar
Black Friday Pro

Postby Valtar » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:01 pm

TitansFan wrote:

This is how it is for video games at the Walmart I go to on BF, for the nicer games they have at most 10 of each:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw3Wg2hXk3A

It is much more civilized for big items though, they make big lines inside the store and hand out vouchers.

Kaelha
Black Friday Pro

Postby Kaelha » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:07 pm

Shopper X wrote:

The Brother LS2350 sewing machine seems to be a bespoke version for Walmart, possibly just for Black Friday. However, it looks very, very much like a rebadged LS2250PRW Project Runway sewing machine.

I highly recommend you read the message boards and sewing machine reviews at patternreview.com if you're thinking of buying a sewing machine. You will learn a lot, and it will open your eyes to things like the Singer stuff mentioned above. I didn't see any reviews there for the three Black Friday machines, but you can read about similar machines to get a feel for what the different manufacturers are like.

My preference is for cheap, basic, mechanical sewing machines, so I'd lean towards the $50 Brother.

I agree, I'm a member of patternreview and I learned a lot there and not just about machines, but every aspect of sewing. I would agree that the Brother would be a good basic machine for someone who doesn't sew heavy items. My Brother will hem jeans, but even with a jean-a-ma-jig, the seams are a bit of work.* If someone buys the Brother and finds they like sewing and want to move up, they can always do that. For that price, the Brother looks like the one to buy.

*for sewing jeans and heavy stuff, I use an old Kenmore I bought for $5 at a garage sale.

PokeMeg
Black Friday Pro

Postby PokeMeg » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:26 pm

I have one that is similar to the Brother they are offering. It just has the basic stitches, but it works great. I've made several items of clothing on it with no trouble.
"Every flight begins with a fall", the crow said. "Look down."

Return to “Official Deal Announcements”