Walmart

Black Friday 2012 - Official Deal Announcements

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

darisgibson
Black Friday Newbie

Re: Walmart

Postby darisgibson » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:19 am

I never did black friday at walmart... I want the ipad .. It is 1 hr long...what time do most people go to get in line...I think it is on sale Thanksgiving 9.pm til 10pm.. :?: Thanks

mechimpaired
Black Friday Pro

Postby mechimpaired » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:22 am

3 hours earlier than what your local ad start time says. Last year 3 hours was not early enough for some things in my area.

PokeMeg
Black Friday Pro

Postby PokeMeg » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:24 am

caravaggio wrote:Brave for 8.98 and the Bluray at that? Wow.

So far, this is the best thing I have found! I hope Amazon price matches...I don't plan on going to Wal-mart.
"Every flight begins with a fall", the crow said. "Look down."

TitansFan
Black Friday Pro

Postby TitansFan » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:30 am

As far as the XBox games for $25, are those on a pallet? I haven't been to WalMart on BF when the pallets are unwrapped. I'm usually at Best Buy, but this WalMart ad has great Xbox game prices for our boys.

cddd
Black Friday Pro

Postby cddd » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:37 am

We don't have a Blue-ray player. Is the one listed for $38 a good deal? If so, I'm going to try and grab one and some of the blue-ray dvds. Especially Brave for 8.98!

darisgibson
Black Friday Newbie

Postby darisgibson » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:42 am

mechimpaired wrote:3 hours earlier than what your local ad start time says. Last year 3 hours was not early enough for some things in my area.

I shopped at best buy one year.. I got in line thur at 11am... And store did open till 5am friday... It was a all nighter.. But got ... what i was after... But they were closed when ppl started getting in line... Walmart will be open... how dose that work?? Thank you so much... Pa walmart

darisgibson
Black Friday Newbie

Postby darisgibson » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:45 am

anyone on ... from pa??
That did walmart last year???? Am i posting at the right location??? so sorry... I dont have a clue

cddd
Black Friday Pro

Postby cddd » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:46 am

I'm also excited about the xbox live 3 month subscription for $11.96. My son is it. Question though, can I buy more than one card and save them 'til the end of the 3 months and re-new with a new card or do they have to be used by a certain time?

Also....If I have more than one son that wants xbox live subscription, do they each need their own card or can they share?

mechimpaired
Black Friday Pro

Postby mechimpaired » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:05 am

darisgibson wrote:anyone on ... from pa??
That did walmart last year???? Am i posting at the right location??? so sorry... I dont have a clue

Look in the local talk message forum on here for the possibility of others from your area.

Walmart is open in most locations all day Thanksgiving so you would have to get their early and hang around for what you are wanting until they open the pallet or give you a ticket if it is an electronic item. If you are wanting more than one major deal you better bring a buddy. For ticket items you usually have to stand in line and no leaving to shop.

momto3
Black Friday Pro

Postby momto3 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:20 am

darisgibson wrote:I never did black friday at walmart... I want the ipad .. It is 1 hr long...what time do most people go to get in line...I think it is on sale Thanksgiving 9.pm til 10pm.. :?: Thanks

I would get there no later than 4-5pm if you want the Ipad that is at the 10 pm sale. It is on sale at 10pm. Will be quarunteed to be in stock till 11pm. You will have to get in line and stay in line to get it. This will most likely be a ticket item. When you get your ticket you have to stay in line till they sale them at 10. They do not let you leave the line except to have a 5 minute bathroom break. Hope this helps.

Debs1973
Black Friday Pro

Postby Debs1973 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:29 am

cddd wrote:I'm also excited about the xbox live 3 month subscription for $11.96. My son is it. Question though, can I buy more than one card and save them 'til the end of the 3 months and re-new with a new card or do they have to be used by a certain time?

Also....If I have more than one son that wants xbox live subscription, do they each need their own card or can they share?

You can buy as many cards as the sale will allow you just would not activate them until each 3 month subscription ends and as for multiple accounts you can only log into a "live" with one Xbox sign on name so unless they want to share a screen name/Log on then you would need a seperate "live" account for each Sign in Name seperately

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:47 am

cddd wrote:We don't have a Blue-ray player. Is the one listed for $38 a good deal? If so, I'm going to try and grab one and some of the blue-ray dvds. Especially Brave for 8.98!

The $38 is a good deal. However other stores have ones with built in WiFi for not much more. (I think around $60?)... You may consider the ones with WiFi built in. ;)
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

GinaBeana87
Black Friday Pro

Postby GinaBeana87 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:56 am

teknoge3k wrote:
cddd wrote:We don't have a Blue-ray player. Is the one listed for $38 a good deal? If so, I'm going to try and grab one and some of the blue-ray dvds. Especially Brave for 8.98!

The $38 is a good deal. However other stores have ones with built in WiFi for not much more. (I think around $60?)... You may consider the ones with WiFi built in. ;)

I'm glad you said this because I didnt realize that this was one of the ones without the wifi built in. Gotta remember to check that when buying a bluray player!

pandagirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby pandagirl » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:02 am

momto3 wrote:
darisgibson wrote:I never did black friday at walmart... I want the ipad .. It is 1 hr long...what time do most people go to get in line...I think it is on sale Thanksgiving 9.pm til 10pm.. :?: Thanks

I would get there no later than 4-5pm if you want the Ipad that is at the 10 pm sale. It is on sale at 10pm. Will be quarunteed to be in stock till 11pm. You will have to get in line and stay in line to get it. This will most likely be a ticket item. When you get your ticket you have to stay in line till they sale them at 10. They do not let you leave the line except to have a 5 minute bathroom break. Hope this helps.

You think so? I took it to mean that you would get it no matter what.

GinaBeana87
Black Friday Pro

Postby GinaBeana87 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:06 am

^^

I took it that way too.

I read it as "As long as you are here between 10-11 then you are guaranteed to get one or a rain check for one."

Return to “Official Deal Announcements”