Walmart

Black Friday 2012 - Official Deal Announcements

Moderator: teknoge3k

mckeymse
Black Friday Pro

Re: Walmart

Postby mckeymse » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:51 am

HELP.......

ok gang I have never done walmart before, heard the gory stories, but they have the 2 items my son wants most for the best price,

so give me tips plse. Is it worth it? I am looking at the 8 pm sale items, so what time should I get inline? I always do my local target, know the store manager, good relationship with peeps in video game dept, even bring them treats as we get closer, so sometimes they "hide" things for me to make sure I get them, although I always am abt 25th in line anyway. So need walmart tips plse. I am really disappointed in TRUS ad this year, thats was my first stop, anyway any suggestions, ideas, will help. Hers what im needing:
skylanders Wii starter pak $38.96 epic mickey Wii 24.96 pokemon black 2 $29.96 and Brave for $8.96 How does Walmart work? I have heard you have to go stand next to the item with hand on it and just wait. Plse let me know and thanks and HELLO to all my old buds good to see ya'll again, yep been awhile. xoxoxs

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:54 am

mckeymse wrote:HELP.......

ok gang I have never done walmart before, heard the gory stories, but they have the 2 items my son wants most for the best price,

so give me tips plse. Is it worth it? I am looking at the 8 pm sale items, so what time should I get inline? I always do my local target, know the store manager, good relationship with peeps in video game dept, even bring them treats as we get closer, so sometimes they "hide" things for me to make sure I get them, although I always am abt 25th in line anyway. So need walmart tips plse. I am really disappointed in TRUS ad this year, thats was my first stop, anyway any suggestions, ideas, will help. Hers what im needing:
skylanders Wii starter pak $38.96 epic mickey Wii 24.96 pokemon black 2 $29.96 and Brave for $8.96 How does Walmart work? I have heard you have to go stand next to the item with hand on it and just wait. Plse let me know and thanks and HELLO to all my old buds good to see ya'll again, yep been awhile. xoxoxs

for brave you'll want to figure out where its located in the mist of all the dvds in the pallets. and then stand by it so you can grab it and run. i'm sure that movie will probably be VERY popular.
if your store doesn't let people grab them before the time, the area will get VERY crowded about an hour before.

mumbles3019
Black Friday Newbie

Postby mumbles3019 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:30 am

Anyone know the specs of the $99 dollar safe @ Walmart? I want to ensure the safe is one I can bolt down. No sense in having one if you can't!

gralanis
Black Friday Newbie

Postby gralanis » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:26 am

Normally, Is like you said, you enter to walmart and wait close to the article you want, once the employee cut the rope, you can get your ítem.

NHShoppingGuy
Black Friday Newbie

Postby NHShoppingGuy » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:53 am

are any of the video games gonba be on sale online during event time?

barbd00
Black Friday Pro

Postby barbd00 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:49 am

I've bought some bulky things from Walmart before, including a trampoline. It really depends on the crowd if they are going to go fast. I've seen them gone within seconds and I've seen some hanging around through the weekend. Sometimes you can scope out things like that a few days before. They have to move so much stuff and those are so heavy, a lot of times they are already there.

mechimpaired
Black Friday Pro

Postby mechimpaired » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:33 am

Thank you barb and bfaddict for responding.

Well my cowoker was psyched and I don't blame her we paid close to 300 for ours earlier this spring. I figured it would be hit or miss. Plus there are 2 super walmarts/2 kmarts around here and I told her if she misses them to try the other stores in town then out in the other counties. Yes, I do think they will be popular despite it being winter because that is a decent deal. Plus, I think every kids is psyched about a trampoline lol.

teknoge3k
Forum Moderator

Postby teknoge3k » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:15 am

It really depends on your area as to how busy it is, and how manic it is. A lot of people build up the chaos level a lot more than what it really is.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

Shopper X
Black Friday Pro

Postby Shopper X » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:17 am

mumbles3019 wrote:Anyone know the specs of the $99 dollar safe @ Walmart? I want to ensure the safe is one I can bolt down. No sense in having one if you can't!

http://bfads.net/Walmart-Black-Friday-S ... cu-Ft-Safe
It's a "Special Buy" item with no model listed, so I don't think that you will be able to determine this online. I assume that it's a bespoke model made special for Black Friday. My advice is for you to go to Walmart before Black Friday (perhaps next weekend or a few days before) and ask the store manager if you can look at the safe. It's an imposition, but if you are very polite and explain why you want to see it and say that you only want to see if the information is written on the outside of the box, they might let you do it.

mckeymse wrote:so give me tips plse. Is it worth it?
skylanders Wii starter pak $38.96 epic mickey Wii 24.96 pokemon black 2 $29.96 and Brave for $8.96

To answer your question "is it worth it?", I don't know. I think that you'll be able to get one of the three items you want relatively easily (by waiting near it). You might possibly be able to get two of the items. You could get all three, though I think it would be difficult. I don't know if that makes it worth shopping there.

If you have as good a relationship with your local Target store employees as you say you do, then I think that a better strategy might be to keep an eye out for competitor sales ads and use Target's holiday price matching policy. Much easier, though you probably won't get as good a deal as the Black Friday prices.

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:44 am

mumbles3019 wrote:Anyone know the specs of the $99 dollar safe @ Walmart? I want to ensure the safe is one I can bolt down. No sense in having one if you can't!

Think I found it on the sentry safe site

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:02 am

Head to Cabelas first lol! Shoot first ask questions later

Nakket
Black Friday Newbie

Postby Nakket » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:02 pm

What's the deal with the 60 inch Vizio? It's on the very first page, but it's right next to the Event 3 box. Does this mean the Vizio goes on sale at 5 am? If so, will they have a special line for this like other items or will it just kind of be an unorganized line deal?

crazymomofthree
Black Friday Pro

Postby crazymomofthree » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:51 pm

Nakket wrote:What's the deal with the 60 inch Vizio? It's on the very first page, but it's right next to the Event 3 box. Does this mean the Vizio goes on sale at 5 am? If so, will they have a special line for this like other items or will it just kind of be an unorganized line deal?

It goes on sale at 10pm. If you look at the ad on walmarts website you can click each item for more details and it will state the time it's on sale. Where I shop they have special lines set up.

caravaggio
Black Friday Pro

Postby caravaggio » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:57 pm

mckeymse wrote:skylanders Wii starter pak $38.96 epic mickey Wii 24.96 pokemon black 2 $29.96 and Brave for $8.96 How does Walmart work? I have heard you have to go stand next to the item with hand on it and just wait. Plse let me know and thanks and HELLO to all my old buds good to see ya'll again, yep been awhile. xoxoxs

One or more of these might be on Amazon's Gold Deal BF sales (probably not the Skylanders but the others seem possible) too.

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:26 pm

caravaggio wrote:
mckeymse wrote:skylanders Wii starter pak $38.96 epic mickey Wii 24.96 pokemon black 2 $29.96 and Brave for $8.96 How does Walmart work? I have heard you have to go stand next to the item with hand on it and just wait. Plse let me know and thanks and HELLO to all my old buds good to see ya'll again, yep been awhile. xoxoxs

One or more of these might be on Amazon's Gold Deal BF sales (probably not the Skylanders but the others seem possible) too.

I got the Epic Mickey Wii last year on Amazon for 13$ in a b1g1 deal with Maters tall tales.
Steff
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

Return to “Official Deal Announcements”