Black Friday 2012 - Official Deal Announcements

Moderator: teknoge3k

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Re: Walmart

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:43 pm

steffj89 wrote:
bfaddict wrote:
steffj89 wrote:I have bought a couple of those benches, my kids have the unique ability to kill anything not solid wood and made like a church pew....they are great for storage, but yes to cart it around the store it would take a buggy.
Steff

can i push it on the floor and plow over people?? :twisted:

although i think walmart isn't too bad with a cart unless you're in the area of video games/dvds. then it's a freaking nightmare.

maybe....LOL sorry I am thinking of buying another one, but only if I can get it online and have it shipped to the house for 30$

oh good idea! i doubt it would even fit in my friends car.....

TexasDealGirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby TexasDealGirl » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:48 pm

steffj89 wrote:
bfaddict wrote:
steffj89 wrote:I have bought a couple of those benches, my kids have the unique ability to kill anything not solid wood and made like a church pew....they are great for storage, but yes to cart it around the store it would take a buggy.
Steff

can i push it on the floor and plow over people?? :twisted:

although i think walmart isn't too bad with a cart unless you're in the area of video games/dvds. then it's a freaking nightmare.

maybe....LOL sorry I am thinking of buying another one, but only if I can get it online and have it shipped to the house for 30$

Its a nightmare by the toys too. Like insane! Lol. Nobody is able to move for minutes.

Kaelha
Black Friday Pro

Postby Kaelha » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:52 pm

bfaddict wrote: can i push it on the floor and plow over people?? :twisted:

Only if you promise to post the video here!

woohoo
Black Friday Newbie

Postby woohoo » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:08 pm

bfaddict wrote:
PokeMeg wrote:Last weekend they had a sale on some machine that was $99...so their machines do go on sale! They usually do not allow you to use coupons on the machines or dressforms though. D:

i did notice on the two singer machines that the savings were super huge. maybe i should stick with the $50 one to make sure i'll actually use the thing. who knows if i'll use the fancy stitches lol

thanks everyone!

I'd stick to the $50 one if you're anything like me. I had big plans for the sewing machine I bought - a couple of pillows and a surfboard bag later it's now a great dust collector.

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:01 am

soy.lor.n wrote:
I think the question that several of us have is... Will this fact still apply for the 3 guaranteed in stock items (the iPad is one of those 3)? Or if we get to the store and in line by 11 will we be guaranteed our item?

I doubt anyone here can know for certain unless we have any WalMart insiders, since that's a new feature this year.

I would tend to err on the side of caution, even with this new "guaranteed in stock" thing they're doing. I highly doubt that anyone who shows up between 10 and 11 to get in line is actually going to get it, because the line will already be a million miles long. But then again, it depends on your WM, because as we all know, they aren't all created equal.

For example, last year, WM had a 19" TV for $98 or $99. We have 2 Walmarts within a 15-20 minute drive from where I live. I go to the one that's a supercenter because normally, it's better stocked and the employees aren't miserable. That WM was sold out of the 19" TVs before 8pm. The line was huge! Needless to say, when I ended up at the closer, non-supercenter WM, at 11:15pm (45 minutes to sale), they were begging people to get in line. When we went back out on BF night, that particular WM still had 2 pallets full of those little TVs, but the bigger WM had none at all.

For any of you first-time WM BF shoppers out there, planning ahead is a very good thing to do. Especially for non-ticketed items. If you think you can stroll into the store at 7:45pm for the 8pm sale and find everything on your list, erase that thought. Most of the pallets are torn into by then and a lot of the stuff is already in carts, which will already be parked at the registers. I see people on here every single year complaining about it. Get there early, that is my best advice. :wink:

Ataru
Black Friday Newbie

Postby Ataru » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:49 am

Pardon my me being a noob, but I've never done a black Friday before as I was always working it (11 years running a Gamestop).

I want to take advantage of the videogame deals they have on Thu/Fri. Is it possible to place the items I want in layaway and then just go in on Thu/Fri and pick up the layaway at the discounted price? Unless I'm missing something obvious, this seems like the easiest way to do it.

http://www.walmart.com/cp/Layaway/10884 ... ervLAYAWAY

If they won't let you pick up the items at the sale price because it says "The Walmart Layaway plan lets you set aside the items you want at their current price and then pay for them over time in installments that work for your budget.", you can cancel the layaway, lose the $5 you put down to start the layaway, and then just take the products to the front and buy outright.

Also, looking at their prices online, they have drastically different prices for the Tulsa market than they do elsewhere.

The games that are $10 / $15 / $25 most places are $11 / $18 / $39 in the Tulsa market. 1.5 hours west to NW Arkansas, or 1.5 hours east to OKC and it's the lower prices. It's not just the games either, most of the items in the entire ad have higher prices.

Is this common practice with WalMart? If so has anyone printed off the ad for a different market to take to their local store to have them match it?

heatherbade
Black Friday Pro

Postby heatherbade » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:06 am

Is it just me or did they not put a model number on the Garmin GPS unit? Not a whole lot of info on this? :idea:

TexasDealGirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby TexasDealGirl » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:22 am

Ataru wrote:Pardon my me being a noob, but I've never done a black Friday before as I was always working it (11 years running a Gamestop).

I want to take advantage of the videogame deals they have on Thu/Fri. Is it possible to place the items I want in layaway and then just go in on Thu/Fri and pick up the layaway at the discounted price? Unless I'm missing something obvious, this seems like the easiest way to do it.

http://www.walmart.com/cp/Layaway/10884 ... ervLAYAWAY

If they won't let you pick up the items at the sale price because it says "The Walmart Layaway plan lets you set aside the items you want at their current price and then pay for them over time in installments that work for your budget.", you can cancel the layaway, lose the $5 you put down to start the layaway, and then just take the products to the front and buy outright.

Also, looking at their prices online, they have drastically different prices for the Tulsa market than they do elsewhere.

The games that are $10 / $15 / $25 most places are $11 / $18 / $39 in the Tulsa market. 1.5 hours west to NW Arkansas, or 1.5 hours east to OKC and it's the lower prices. It's not just the games either, most of the items in the entire ad have higher prices.

Is this common practice with WalMart? If so has anyone printed off the ad for a different market to take to their local store to have them match it?

They will only price match within your current market. With layaway, they don't allow you to put Black Friday items on layaway or pm Black Friday items.

Ataru
Black Friday Newbie

Postby Ataru » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:25 am

TexasDealGirl wrote: They will only price match within your current market. With layaway, they don't allow you to put Black Friday items on layaway or pm Black Friday items.

So they won't allow me to put an item on layaway tomorrow if it just happens to be in the BF ad? I don't want to put it on layaway ON BF, I want to put it on layaway tomorrow to pick up on BF.

As for the price matching, the Walmart Neighborhood Markets in this market are showing the lower price ad while the Supercenters are not. Same company in the same market, so I would think they should match.

Shopper X
Black Friday Pro

Postby Shopper X » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:47 am

heatherbade wrote:Is it just me or did they not put a model number on the Garmin GPS unit? Not a whole lot of info on this? :idea:

http://bfads.net/Walmart-Black-Friday-G ... screen-GPS
You are correct. There is no model number listed. My guess is that it's a special Black Friday model. Or, perhaps Walmart wanted to keep their options open regarding what models to have on sale at what stores.

teknoge3k
Forum Moderator

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:53 am

carmenslackey wrote:items. If you think you can stroll into the store at 7:45pm for the 8pm sale and find everything on your list, erase that thought. Most of the pallets are torn into by then and a lot of the stuff is already in carts, which will already be parked at the registers. I see people on here every single year complaining about it. Get there early, that is my best advice. :wink:

Exactly. I don't plan on getting TVs or anything, just regular stuff that will be on pallets. Since the sale starts at 8pm, I will be at the store around 4:30. If they do it the same way as last year, then I should be in line ready to check out by 6. (Assuming they allow us in the pallets at 5 again)
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

MegaBlue
Black Friday Pro

Postby MegaBlue » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:55 am

Ataru wrote:
TexasDealGirl wrote: They will only price match within your current market. With layaway, they don't allow you to put Black Friday items on layaway or pm Black Friday items.

So they won't allow me to put an item on layaway tomorrow if it just happens to be in the BF ad? I don't want to put it on layaway ON BF, I want to put it on layaway tomorrow to pick up on BF.

That's pre-buying your Black Friday merchandise, which almost every store will not allow you to do. If you choose to cancel your layaway for Black Friday weekend, then your merchandise is not immediately returned to stock for you to purchase. You're not going to be able to stroll up front with your cart of stuff and pay for it then. It has to get returned to the sales floor, at which point you can purchase it.

sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro

Postby sportymonkey » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:51 am

bfaddict wrote:Anyone sew here? I've been contemplating getting a machine. Just for beginner stuff. Wonder if anyone had opinions on the 3 sewing machines in the ad

I've always done better with a brother than a singer. In all the years I have sewn the main stitches I have really only used were straight and zig zag. If it were an embroidery that is one thing but to have 90 different stitches and it being your first sewing machine in awhile it really pointless imo. I would go with the brother. They last a long time and I have never had a problem with the bobbin case ( thingy that hold the bottom thread) popping out like my singers.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:06 am

Ataru wrote:

As for the price matching, the Walmart Neighborhood Markets in this market are showing the lower price ad while the Supercenters are not. Same company in the same market, so I would think they should match.

the video games and dvds have special stickers on them that indicate they are black friday merchandise. they will not be out before black friday. so if you were to take a regular one off the shelf, it would not scan the same as one with the special sticker.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:08 am

teknoge3k wrote:
carmenslackey wrote:items. If you think you can stroll into the store at 7:45pm for the 8pm sale and find everything on your list, erase that thought. Most of the pallets are torn into by then and a lot of the stuff is already in carts, which will already be parked at the registers. I see people on here every single year complaining about it. Get there early, that is my best advice. :wink:

Exactly. I don't plan on getting TVs or anything, just regular stuff that will be on pallets. Since the sale starts at 8pm, I will be at the store around 4:30. If they do it the same way as last year, then I should be in line ready to check out by 6. (Assuming they allow us in the pallets at 5 again)

depends on the store. one year ours let us take dvds before the time but last year they were nutso security about it... they had people guarding them like crazy... and same with the other stuff throughout the store. you could grab it.. but if you were caught doing so you were told to put it back. obviously some people were able to get around it, grab the stuff and hide it.

i think it's dumb and would cause less chaos if they would just let people grab the stuff that's already out.

Return to “Official Deal Announcements”