Moderator: ikey2

ANGWife
Black Friday Pro

Postby ANGWife » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:10 pm

I am just too scared to go alone. :roll:

mechimpaired
Black Friday Pro

Postby mechimpaired » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:33 pm

Well I do both, my friend does not get up really early but I will for a deal. Last year I went to Walmart at 3 am and got what I needed (which was about 6 things) and shopped for a little while, got in line, got some coffee for my friend and I, then arrived at her house at 6ish and we head off. I do not have any problems shopping alone but I prefer company. We do not come back til about 7-8 at night. We do Toys R Us last because we do not want to fight the line.

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:51 am

My sister and my best friend are apparently going this year.....this should get really fun.

Steff

ShopsgivingChick
Black Friday Newbie

Postby ShopsgivingChick » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:08 am

Me, Best friend, and her mom!

zim05
Black Friday Pro

Postby zim05 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:34 pm

It's usually my mom, sister and I but last year my aunt came along which worked out so nice. My mom and aunt go off together while my sister and I go together. Last year my mom and aunt hit up Herbergers while my sister and I waited at Target (first in line!!).

Matt1981m
Black Friday Pro

Postby Matt1981m » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:25 pm

i usually am "alone" once the store opens, but i have made friends with all the regulars at my local bb...i will have a friend meet me there and take a "shift" for someone else who may not be able to come out till later, and they will swap...once that door opens, it is kill or be killed. i learned that on my very first true bf experience back in 1996, when i was told i had to get a pokemon game for my niece at target. i had the last one in my hand and some elderly woman (i kid u not, looked like estelle getty off of golden girls) rammed into me with a shopping cart and tried to take it out of my hand...that old bat put up a fight...

we will split when the store opens, get what we wanted, and what the other person wanted if it was near, pay, get to the next store (still separated), get our stuff, and repeat till all done. then we meet up at one of our residences, stow the loot, head to breakfast and settle the "bill" each of us has for the other.

molton
Black Friday Amateur

Postby molton » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:18 pm

Ack...apparently not going alone this year. My mom wants to go, and worse (not to be coldhearted, but yeah, worse) my grandma wants to go. I told my mom that I might go in super early to get in line at Old Navy or Target, and have my mom and Grandma come in later to join me at like, Kohl's or JCP or somewhere more tame, where it's okay that Grandma can take her time and be slow. Otherwise, I am going to just tell my mom and Grandma that they are on their own, and meet my bff who is coming home for the holiday. However she is not big on the super early (2:00 AM Old Navy line) start, so she would join me later on, around 5 or so.

Honestly, I would REALLY rather go alone.

robert_cowper
Black Friday Pro

Postby robert_cowper » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:30 pm

my best friend and i have been doing it for like four years now...we started off our first year, not realizing how nuts it was at like noon...we've moved back like 3 hours each year and pretty soon we'll be lining up on monday!

judy3639
Black Friday Amateur

Postby judy3639 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:29 pm

my husband goes with me every year,,i think he gets more into it than i,i love watcing him go for the items i want,,past few years girlfriends from work has been going with us,,its a blast,,they laugh at me because i run and dunk under clothing racks....my 14 year old went with me last night to walmart and stood in line for 45 minutes to get those zhu zhu toys for my 8 year old,,she wined the whole time we were there,,so she is so not going with me,,lol,,

TheCount
Black Friday Pro

Postby TheCount » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:02 pm

My sister and I make a great duo because we have common interests. We agree on which stores and in which order, so neither of us have an advantage over the other. Plus we help each other get what we want, so there is no dead weight.

jrupert
Black Friday Newbie

Postby jrupert » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:57 am

No way, thats part of our system. All the adults from 21-60 from the family go. One person stands in line while the others go out and forage. We all take turns for maxium shopping vs in-store line waiting. And we send the men out to Starbucks when we get desperate hehe. Although the younger ones of us go out a little earlier than others, i.e. mom, dad, aunts, and uncles join around 5. Then we all go out for breakfast somewhere around 10 or 11.

EmilyLayne
Black Friday Newbie

Black Friday!

Postby EmilyLayne » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:57 am

I usually enjoy shopping alone...but would rather have my "team" this day! Sadly this year almost all my girls have to work... Except for my cousin and she's my offical "crazed shopping parter"! Last year there were 5 of us... and if you can find a store in the mall that has shopping carts (Dicks Sporting Goods has them) try to get one out of the door and into the mall. It should be smooth sailing from there. Last year we all piled our bags in the cart that was overflowing by the end of the day... We even took it up and down the escalators!!! Just be sure to return the cart at the end of the day.

EmilyLayne
Black Friday Newbie

Coupon Website

Postby EmilyLayne » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:01 am

I also want to let everyone in on coupon website that is AMAZING! www.MommySavesBig.com then click on printible coupons, then retail. and find the stores your going to shop in, print, and save! You can print out the same coupon multiple times if it's something like "20% off 1 item"!

jmcgee8032
Black Friday Pro

Postby jmcgee8032 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:14 am

me and the wife go..........

gogoriotgirl76
Black Friday Pro

Postby gogoriotgirl76 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:56 am

I go with my mom and we take my teenage son has well he is a big help with those pushy people hahaha

Return to “Suggestions and Tips”