Do you shop alone?

All Site Suggestions or General Black Friday Tips

Moderator: ikey2

elle_fleur
Black Friday Pro

Postby elle_fleur » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:57 pm

what if you don't have any friends and you dont really feel like talking to the weirdos in front of you... then its kind of a drag

mrs.bigevv
Black Friday Pro

Postby mrs.bigevv » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:41 am

Since moving to Iowa City...I shop alone. I have to agree it is more fun and you can get more with a group. The last 2 years I have been lucky to have bigevv with me but his rotations are now that he will be working that morning again. It will be 5-6 years from now when he has it off again.

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:12 pm

It depends on the year. Sometimes I go alone because no one wants to go with, but most of the time, I have someone with me. Going alone can be a drag, but luckily, I'm a social butterfly and can talk to anyone, even if I don't like them. Here's a rundown of my last few BFs...

04 - Went alone and was nearly mugged... lucky for me, I carry a big, heavy purse that doubles as a self-protection weapon!

05 - Went with my mom.... never again!!

06 - went with my dad and bro. VERY cold that year and BB ran out of tickets two ppl ahead of us for the stuff we went for. blah!

07 - took hubby on his first BF. BB again ran out of tickets for PCs a few people ahead of us. Got everything else we went for though!

08 - went with hubby again, this time starting at a WM SC that was open. Wore my bfads.net shirt proudly. Got everything we went for.

09 - going with my best friend, who really doesn't do BF, but knows how it is. should be interesting!!

Happy shopping all!

highxflyer
Black Friday Pro

Postby highxflyer » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:34 pm

I've never gone alone. I just started shopping on Black Friday a few years ago. So when I started I actually started with my mom. We've gone everytime the past few years and I'm sure we'll end up going out again.

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:18 pm

i have always had someone with me but at least twice they waited in the car.....uggghhhh

i dont care i can make friends easily and love to chat with others anyway so doesnt really matter to me

pdavis
Black Friday Pro

Postby pdavis » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:41 am

i go alone. it's easier for me.

Awesomeness101
Black Friday Pro

Postby Awesomeness101 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:02 pm

2007: Went alone
2008: 1 friend
2009: 2 friends

That'll be as far as I let it go.

musicalkarasel
Black Friday Pro

Postby musicalkarasel » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:30 am

steffj89 wrote:i have always had someone with me but at least twice they waited in the car.....uggghhhh

i dont care i can make friends easily and love to chat with others anyway so doesnt really matter to me

In the car?!? Do they make you buy things that is on their list? Man, that's no fun!

newkirk32
Black Friday Pro

Postby newkirk32 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:45 am

I always go with my hubby, as he good to have around for entertainment, to save a space in line, and to fetch some warm drinks or treats as needed. He is supposed to be working this year, but he doesn't go in until 7am, so maybe he can stick around for the frenzy. I am planning of getting a 42 inch LCD TV this year, and he would come in handy for getting it into the car.

I think this year any standing outside is out of the picture since CC is gone, and in order to get a decent place in line you at BB you have to be willing to sit outside for at least 2 whole days, which I am not up for. I am thinking maybe looking for TV deals at Walmart, or even Sam's this year, as currently Sam's has some good brands, and they already have some 42 inch LCD 120hz at $800. Anyone else think the same thing?

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:06 pm

no they dont have lists to have me shop but they totally defeat their purpose which is to keep me entertained
good thing i am easily entertained and the people around me usually suffice.

steff

g-man430
Black Friday Pro

Postby g-man430 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:43 pm

Yes. Too much of a hassle waiting on people in your party.
GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!

reyreysmom
Black Friday Pro

Postby reyreysmom » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:51 pm

I go by myself.... I don't like waiting for people. I usually go to 2 stores before they are done with one. My sister and my dad go, I meet then for an early breakfast and then we meet after for a early lunch

crizza
Black Friday Pro

Postby crizza » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:53 pm

I go alone hoping that #'s 2 3 and 4 in line will be pretty cool and I can meet some new BF linefriends!

gigi_iv
Black Friday Amateur

Postby gigi_iv » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:09 pm

I go with my sister. Our family is all back up in the midwest and we're done in SC. We're young and we don't have any kids so we aren't usually going after too many of the really big iteams so having a big group isn't really an issue for us. We only split up when we're buying something for each other, otherwise we stick together and have a good time watching all the frantic moms around us. 8)

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:31 am

i might be stuck going alone this year or not going at all :(
my usual BF buddy got transfered so she might get the crappy schedule and might have to work (she works at a 24 hour gas station). and my other friend (who is likely to come but makes me nervous cause she can get moody and pissed off easily) might not be in town depending on her inlaws.

i said that if neither of them can go then it might be a sign that i'm not suppose to go! although if i were by myself i could probably move REALLY fast. at kohls i'm usually ready to go before the line starts to build up but I always have to wait on my friend because there's always something she's looking for but can't find.

Return to “Suggestions and Tips”