Do you shop alone?

All Site Suggestions or General Black Friday Tips

Moderator: ikey2

ANGWife
Black Friday Pro

Do you shop alone?

Postby ANGWife » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:05 am

Do you shop alone or with someone on BF?

elle_fleur
Black Friday Pro

Postby elle_fleur » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:41 am

If the weather is really snowy then I make my husband go because I don't like to drive when the roads are bad. If the weather is decent then I just go by myself. I would like for my husband to go just to have company but I know he likes to sleep late on what few days he gets off from work. All of my family lives in CA and I live in Ohio so I really don't have anyone to go with

musicalkarasel
Black Friday Pro

Postby musicalkarasel » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:41 am

I've heard of people going alone, but I can't imagine getting as much done if I was alone, nor would it be any fun!

Like many people, we all have a little tradition with BF, and the Christmas season just wouldn't be the same if I didn't get to hang out with my mom and sister all day!

cddd
Black Friday Pro

Postby cddd » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:44 am

I take my oldest daughter with me. We LOVE it and have lots of fun together...we end up going out for breakfast after we're done with all the shopping and it's great mother/daughter time....this year I'm taking my next to oldest too. She's excited!

I have taken a friend in the past....but I don't do that anymore. They slowed me down. I have to wait on them, I can't have them standing in line for something I want...because they are doing their own shopping.

BF_MOM
Black Friday Pro

Postby BF_MOM » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:01 am

I use to go with my mom before I met my husband but one year mom wasn't able to go so my husband offered to take me around. Keep in mind he had never heard of BF before he met me so he wasn't prepared for the madness of it all. That first year he was so scared for my safety that he decided that every BF from then on he would be my designated shopping buddy. :lol:

pandagirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby pandagirl » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:02 am

I usually go with other people. It's more fun that way. And we can get more things done!

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:18 am

i have gone alone but the past several years i have had some company or other....lol

BF 05 i drug my sister--she was no help wouldnt stand in line @ CC actually slept in the car till 5 mins before opening
then she whined @ other stores and was a general PITA.

BF 06 and 07 my friends daughter asked to go with me and she was a great partner!!!
super easy to shop with, chat with etc

last year my best friend went with me ans she is already talking up this year but i have to get her on my game plan....no kids, no purses, no sitting in the car cause your cold.....lol

have a plan and follow it!!!! LOL

cddd
Black Friday Pro

Postby cddd » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:41 am

steffj89 wrote:i have gone alone but the past several years i have had some company or other....lol

BF 05 i drug my sister--she was no help wouldnt stand in line @ CC actually slept in the car till 5 mins before opening
then she whined @ other stores and was a general PITA.

BF 06 and 07 my friends daughter asked to go with me and she was a great partner!!!
super easy to shop with, chat with etc

last year my best friend went with me ans she is already talking up this year but i have to get her on my game plan....no kids, no purses, no sitting in the car cause your cold.....lol

have a plan and follow it!!!! LOL

LOL...this reminds me of one time when my grown niece went with me (NEVER AGAIN). She whined the whole time. She moved sooooooooooo slow "cause she was tired". Then she got really mad at me because in between leaving one store and on the way to another...she wanted me to pull into a fast food place so she could get herself something to eat. I said, I don't have time for that...she said it's a drive through, it won't take that long...I said, I'm sorry, but I don't have time for that...I have to get to the next store....she threw a fit and griped about how hungry she was...I just ignored her and went on to the next store.

I had my daughter with me that time too. She is 6 years younger than my niece and she NEVER once complained. She's been going with me every since then...she's so much like me, though...she really gets into it :)

ANGWife
Black Friday Pro

Postby ANGWife » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:54 am

I always take my husband. He doesn't like BF but he knows i love it so he agrees to go. :wink:

We never get a cart because it slows us down. So it's great to have someone else to carry things. Plus I feel safer going with someone else.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:58 am

I always have a trusty sidekick! I go with one of my friends. We both like the same stores so it works out really well. especially for kohls because we run and get our own things and then one of us hops in line once it starts to fill up.

last year we timed things PERFECTLY by starting out at one of the malls around midnight and ended with shopping around 9 or 10 am when our energy was finally starting to wind down.
I haven't asked her yet if she's planning to go this year but i hope so!

killasnake
Admin

Postby killasnake » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:01 pm

I always go with a big group of people, so if anyone needs to rest in the car or bathroom break then they can. The another advantage is that you can grab a lot more door busters if one person in your group doesn't want it and grabs it for you.

dixierose
Black Friday Pro

Postby dixierose » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:41 pm

i always go with one of my friends. we take turns pay for gas and whoever doesn't pay for gas buy breakfast and coffee. we hep each other get what we want and having someone in the car to talk to help us stay awake when we're driving from store to stare and on the hour long drive home afterwords. now if i can jsut get her to agree to letting us stop at kohls again.

PlutoIsTheBest
Black Friday Pro

Postby PlutoIsTheBest » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:30 pm

I go alone because hubby usually has to work and I have no friends..........

melblack
Black Friday Pro

Postby melblack » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:51 pm

I take my husband and my brother and we are all on the same page with the game plan. Each of us looks forward to BF every year. My husband and brother both started asking me in August if their was any deals posted on this site. We tried taking one of my brother's friends last year but he was worse than a pregnant woman. He had to go to every bathroom in every store and he wanted to wander around and just look to see what all was on sale. I got on to him constantly. We have a 15 minute limit on each store so we can get to the next. It always works out great except he slowed us down soo much. I figured out that he liked breakfast alot so I gave him some money and sent him to McDonalds to get what ever he wanted and told him we would meet him after we shopped in a couple of stores across fromt the restaurant.
We decided that three was enough and so that is what we are sticking with.

I couldn't imagine going alone, bc I would miss out on so many deals. Plus it just wouldn't be the same after having my crew for so many years.

cpatrick2202
Black Friday Pro

Postby cpatrick2202 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:28 am

I've gone along MANY years..and I have a BLAST. I get what I'm out for..no body complaining...and I'm QUICK! :lol: I have gone with others, too. I have fun..but I usually end-up being after something other than what they're after..and my energy level is throught the roof compared to most of my friends..I go and go and go.....I usually wear them out! LOL I went with my MIL last year, and we did GREAT! I was so proud of her! We split up, and we got each other's stuff..I got coffee..she waited in line..we just did soooo well! I did wear her out..but I took her back home after door busters were over..and I headed back out on my own. :wink: I enjoy meeting up with some of my friends at Crackerbarrell once the initial "RUSH" is over...having a good breakfast..relaxing..then heading back out to see "what's left".. LOL

Return to “Suggestions and Tips”