Wii component cable

All Site Suggestions or General Black Friday Tips

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

jusinkase
Black Friday Newbie

Wii component cable

Postby jusinkase » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:18 pm

Looking for a component cable for my Wii, where I can give the video to the TV and at the same time, give the audio to the audio-system. I know, the cable comes with all inputs/outputs, but the problem is all the cables that I seen/used so-far, have the different inputs all tied together in a single big cable (right upto the last 6-8 inches). So what happens is that the inputs cannot go to the 2 systems (TV and Audio) which are placed even, one above the other!!! Any brand is OK, but have been unable to find any :(

DJKezo
Black Friday Pro

Postby DJKezo » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:07 pm

I have heard you can tell the difference between a cheap ebay set of component for wii and the wii brand, but i havent tried the cheaper ones. you can buy extensions for your cables. just to get your right and left audio would be under $5 at wallyworld.

jusinkase
Black Friday Newbie

Postby jusinkase » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:28 pm

Thanks DJKezo, the extensions would surely help. Never crossed my mind!!! What I have currently is a 'rocketfish' brand and have heard that the 'monster' brand also is similar. But I will try the extensions. Thanks, once again.

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:12 pm

Some component cables are actually three separate strands fused together, except for the last six inches or so. If your component cables are like that, you could probably (very carefully) pull or cut apart the individual strands, giving you enough extra play in the cable to be able to connect to different devices. The component cables that came with my Nintendo Wii and DVD player are like that. Other component cables, like the one that came with my VCR, have a plastic stopper piece that prevents the strands from being pulled apart.

Edit: added:

After thinking about it for a bit, I'm not sure if the cables I mentioned are the same that the original poster was asking about. I was referring to the 3-strand yellow-white-red cables. You were probably referring to the 5-strand component cables, most of which have a plastic stopper to prevent the strands from coming apart. Since these seem to use a standard RCA jack, the extension cables should work.

Return to “Suggestions and Tips”