Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:21 pm

That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:59 pm

ROFL :lol: , Chuck Noris will roundhouse kick you to the face if you scalp his tickets.
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> Follow me on Twitter <-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> βĹĂČĶ ŦŔĨĎĂŶ<-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)

hays4cat
Black Friday Pro

Postby hays4cat » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:09 pm

ROFLMAO! Y'all are hilarious but seriously, although I have never scalped tickets, I can see it as a win-win situation. Let's say you have a single mother who cannot take the time off from work or away from her family to camp out in line. Now let's say Sammy the scalper gets a ticket for the laptop single mom's child wants for Christmas. The BF price is $400 less than regular price, Sammy Scalper sells single mom his ticket for $50-$100 bucks. Sammy makes money and is happy. Single mom saves money and is happy. If greed doesn't take over, everybody can benefit.
WARNING!!!!! I am trained in the art of combat shopping!

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:26 pm

hays4cat wrote:ROFLMAO! Y'all are hilarious but seriously, although I have never scalped tickets, I can see it as a win-win situation. Let's say you have a single mother who cannot take the time off from work or away from her family to camp out in line. Now let's say Sammy the scalper gets a ticket for the laptop single mom's child wants for Christmas. The BF price is $400 less than regular price, Sammy Scalper sells single mom his ticket for $50-$100 bucks. Sammy makes money and is happy. Single mom saves money and is happy. If greed doesn't take over, everybody can benefit.

having an arrangment ahead of time is one thing. but going there and waiting in line without intending on buying the ticketed items you recieve vouchers for only to take a chance that you will find someone to buy your ticket after you have it is something else.

The Zach101
Black Friday Pro

Postby The Zach101 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:54 pm

Ok I kinda did this 2 years ago at CC I got a coupe tickets found out I didnt need them and then sold em for 50 dollars it was nice but seriously you guys If you dont need them then dont get them. Im a student too and I wouldnt take someones ticket to sell it back to them. Your basicly takeing the ticket from their hands and saying you can have it back for hundered bucks. Its almost stelaing if you think about it. If you dont need it dont take it. Karma will haunt you and I hope that you get their 10th in line and the person infront of you takes all the TV tickets and and tells you you can have one for 100 dollars.

geoff5093
Black Friday Pro

Postby geoff5093 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:59 pm

I love it, last year some kid decided to scalp tickets at Best Buy. The funny part was he started out selling the tickets for $100, and no one bought them, not even for $20. He stood in line for pretty much nothing :)

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:02 pm

geoff5093 wrote:I love it, last year some kid decided to scalp tickets at Best Buy. The funny part was he started out selling the tickets for $100, and no one bought them, not even for $20. He stood in line for pretty much nothing :)

A lot of the people may be there for that one item, and once the vouchers are all given out they leave or head to another store.

Eddyisgreat
Black Friday Pro

Postby Eddyisgreat » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:34 pm

The Zach101 wrote:Ok I kinda did this 2 years ago at CC I got a coupe tickets found out I didnt need them and then sold em for 50 dollars it was nice but seriously you guys If you dont need them then dont get them. Im a student too and I wouldnt take someones ticket to sell it back to them. Your basicly takeing the ticket from their hands and saying you can have it back for hundered bucks. Its almost stelaing if you think about it. If you dont need it dont take it. Karma will haunt you and I hope that you get their 10th in line and the person infront of you takes all the TV tickets and and tells you you can have one for 100 dollars.

Zach I don't get your arguments.

A) You've already admitted to the "good/naughty" feeling of selling a ticket you obtained for free, so telling others they can't is rather moot.
B) Taking the ticket from someones hands would be theft. Having a higher position in line and consuming a voucher *to do with what you please* doesn't constitute theft. Especially since many individuals who would be 15th or 16th in line (and thus missed the item) WOULD NOT purchase a scalped ticket (atleast not the individuals I've seen). Most of the ticket purchasers would more than likely be late comers (although I could be wrong).
C) If you are tenth in line and there are only nine tickets, you are at fault for thinking that you are entitled to the item. Will karma haunt the individuals who [stripped you of your right] to own that item by purchasing it for their own consumption? Infact, Karma will probably come back and get you this year because two years ago you scalped a ticket even though you hadn't originally planned on doing it. :lol:

I know, we are going to get into another long thread about existentialistic craziness and what not so i'll let you have the final word.

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:58 pm

I totally understand "wanting" a TV, but here's the deal. There are plenty of TV's you can get for less than a couple of hundred dollars. The difference is you are wanting other people to subsidize your feeling of entitlement to a larger fancier tv.
That doesnt make it right. I understand you dont give a damn whether its moral or ethical....more power to you I hope you are far away from my best buy
steff

Eddyisgreat
Black Friday Pro

Postby Eddyisgreat » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:12 pm

steffj89 wrote:I totally understand "wanting" a TV, but here's the deal. There are plenty of TV's you can get for less than a couple of hundred dollars. The difference is you are wanting other people to subsidize your feeling of entitlement to a larger fancier tv.
That doesnt make it right. I understand you dont give a damn whether its moral or ethical....more power to you I hope you are far away from my best buy
steff

I'm not sure you saw the last thread, but many people (everyone if I can recall) who were opposed to [re]selling vouchers were supportive if not advocating the resell of the vouched item in the freaking parking lot!!!

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:27 pm

I was on that thread and there were more than one of us who do think sitting in line strictly to sell the vouchers was inappropriate.
I dont think it is right or acceptable to profiteer off of something like this and am glad our best buy did not allow it. They heard someone trying to sell one and called over the police officer who was there. It is illegal to resale for anything other than face value so they printed the vouchers with a face value of one cent so they couldnt be sold. They wound up taking two guys to jail and BB reissued the vouchers to the next person in line who had been waiting for them
Steff

The Zach101
Black Friday Pro

Postby The Zach101 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:43 pm

Eddyisgreat wrote:
The Zach101 wrote:Ok I kinda did this 2 years ago at CC I got a coupe tickets found out I didnt need them and then sold em for 50 dollars it was nice but seriously you guys If you dont need them then dont get them. Im a student too and I wouldnt take someones ticket to sell it back to them. Your basicly takeing the ticket from their hands and saying you can have it back for hundered bucks. Its almost stelaing if you think about it. If you dont need it dont take it. Karma will haunt you and I hope that you get their 10th in line and the person infront of you takes all the TV tickets and and tells you you can have one for 100 dollars.

Zach I don't get your arguments.

A) You've already admitted to the "good/naughty" feeling of selling a ticket you obtained for free, so telling others they can't is rather moot.
B) Taking the ticket from someones hands would be theft. Having a higher position in line and consuming a voucher *to do with what you please* doesn't constitute theft. Especially since many individuals who would be 15th or 16th in line (and thus missed the item) WOULD NOT purchase a scalped ticket (atleast not the individuals I've seen). Most of the ticket purchasers would more than likely be late comers (although I could be wrong).
C) If you are tenth in line and there are only nine tickets, you are at fault for thinking that you are entitled to the item. Will karma haunt the individuals who [stripped you of your right] to own that item by purchasing it for their own consumption? Infact, Karma will probably come back and get you this year because two years ago you scalped a ticket even though you hadn't originally planned on doing it. :lol:

I know, we are going to get into another long thread about existentialistic craziness and what not so i'll let you have the final word.

This topic is pretty touchy some people dont mind some people do...I mean I understand getting a ticket and relising "oh" i dont need this. In my case my brother wanted a desktop and CC was giveing out Tickets each person could have 1 of what ever they wanted so my mom grabbed a desktop ticket and we called him up he said no then i went down the line and said 50 bucks like the 13th in line said yeah sure and gave me 50 i gave him the ticket. but what i DONT like is people who go just for getting every ticket they can and selling them. and I GAVE away my laptop ticket becuase the 50 i got gave me enough for the better laptop so i gave away the ticket for the 100 dollar laptop everyone was there for. and I dont like fighting with any of you guys but...thanks I think? for haveing the last word? i dont know?

DJKezo
Black Friday Pro

Postby DJKezo » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:11 pm

So if i tell you all that I'm kinda thinking about buying all the doorbusters would you think i was a great human?... because thats what you all pretty much did and your calling me a bad person for that.

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:25 pm

if you buy all the door busters you can and sell them in the parking lot that is fine. After all that's what bestbuy is doing to us.

The issue people have is when you sell the ticket that you claimed even thoth you knew you were not going to buy it(and probably don't even have the money to by them all if you wanted.

DJKezo
Black Friday Pro

Postby DJKezo » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:30 pm

whats the difference... if i dont wanna lay out a few grand, i can just do it this way.

Return to “Suggestions and Tips”