Scalping Tickets @ BB

All Site Suggestions or General Black Friday Tips

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

ced1106
Black Friday Pro

Postby ced1106 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:23 am

Ethics? The market knows know ethics.

Sure, the prices are low. But the additional cost is the time (and cold) you spend in line. And that's what you're being paid for when you scalp a ticket.

Let's take the eBay reseller as an easier example. He buys the doorbuster tv set you wanted, then finds out he loses money on it on eBay. Do you owe him money so he can make a "fair" market deal? Of course, not.

So what should the BF scalper do? Buy something? Something, say, that you wanted? What if he scalped the ticket and the person who bought it didn't buy an item you wanted? Would you be just as upset?

The real culprit, of course, are the stores who participate in BF. Prices are normally set by supply and demand, so there's no arbitrager who takes advantage of the buyer. Sometimes.

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:46 am

Sorry, I just think it's wrong. Get what you need, if you want to make $$ find things that sell, and sell them privately. If someone did this who was in line in front of me, and I didn't get a ticket for the same item, heck yes I'd be p*ssed, and resentful. But then, I have 3 kids, and a very tight budget. And it's very unfare that someone takes a ticket they don't need, just to make $$ off of it.

Find another way to make money, because this is ridiculous IMO. I am a stay at home mom, and I manage to make an income big enough to buy everything I purchased today, and more to come. If I can do it without 'cheating' <sorry but that's what comes to mind>, then I know others can too....

svngpvtry
Black Friday Pro

Postby svngpvtry » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:22 pm

what happened to your other post about the absolute failure in your scalping career this morning DJKezo?

PokerDad
Black Friday Pro

Postby PokerDad » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:09 pm

All I have to say is your got what you had coming to you DJKezo from Best Buy, I applaud them for kicking a scam artist like you out of line and refusing to let you use your "backup plan" when you got caught scalping. You should learn from this, but we all know scam artists like you are always the victim in your mind and never learn!

DJKezo wrote:
zackdking wrote:I see what your saying Eddy and Your right. I have seen people very ticked off in the past but I guess its not as obvious when I'm reselling the item on Ebay as it is to those standing in line that very moment.
I appologize DJ and I have to question my own motives.
We are not all arses in KY, I was just venting I guess.

*end of hi jack*

sall good zack. Just remember anything you dont sell you can return, and the amount you can make on one of those laptops may be worth the extra $50 ticket. food for thought.

DJKezo
Black Friday Pro

Postby DJKezo » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:31 pm

PokerDad wrote:All I have to say is your got what you had coming to you DJKezo from Best Buy, I applaud them for kicking a scam artist like you out of line and refusing to let you use your "backup plan" when you got caught scalping. You should learn from this, but we all know scam artists like you are always the victim in your mind and never learn!

DJKezo wrote:
zackdking wrote:I see what your saying Eddy and Your right. I have seen people very ticked off in the past but I guess its not as obvious when I'm reselling the item on Ebay as it is to those standing in line that very moment.
I appologize DJ and I have to question my own motives.
We are not all arses in KY, I was just venting I guess.

*end of hi jack*

sall good zack. Just remember anything you dont sell you can return, and the amount you can make on one of those laptops may be worth the extra $50 ticket. food for thought.

at least i'm not an arsehole on the threads.

svngpvtry
Black Friday Pro

Postby svngpvtry » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:00 pm

hey DJKezo tell me how does Karma taste?

kevo
Black Friday Pro

Postby kevo » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:36 am

I scalp the vouchers some times. Not every one can get in line at 6pm on thanksgiveing like I can. If they want to give me a few bucks for a lap top or something who cares. What does evey one on here get pissed at the scalpers at sporting events at sold out football games ect.... It is the same thing. I went that extra step and the person who buys it chose not to and will pay a convience fee for me takeing the step. Be there at 5:59 then haters...

ddindy
Black Friday Pro

Will sell hubbys ticket to highest bidder!

Postby ddindy » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:05 am

he WILL be first in line an has for 3 years along with myself except this year i just had a lil girl Oct. 26th so no bf shopping for me!...extra tickets 50 bucks a pop castleton sq. in indianapolis!..lol

Return to “Suggestions and Tips”