Parking vehicle next to your spot?

All Site Suggestions or General Black Friday Tips

Moderator: ikey2

geoff5093
Black Friday Pro

Parking vehicle next to your spot?

Postby geoff5093 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:30 am

I didn't see this posted so I thought I'd ask. Do any of you park your vehicle next to the sidewalk so you can warm up without getting out of line, use your car with a power inverter, or just listening to music?

If so, how many are actually allowed to do it? I know it's usually a fire lane but if you are right next to your vehicle and can move it if an emergency appears, should there be a problem?

XmasDVD
Black Friday Pro

Postby XmasDVD » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:04 am

We don't camp overnight for anything, but when we get there, we just park in the lot as close to the store as we can. My wife is disabled, so we usually get the Handicapped space.

Ghost3B
Black Friday Pro

Postby Ghost3B » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:19 am

There isn't enough room for EVERYONE to park their car there, so I would assume it's not legal. Just park in the parking spots and dress warm. Everyone is suffering...it's not just you.

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:03 am

I park my car in the parking lot as close to the door as posable but in a place that will be easy to get out once im ready to leave and there is a big crowd.

Also cant park in the firelane. The guys behind me in line while waiting for a iphone 3g a few months ago did this. A few cops showed up and were talking to use about the iphone. We even talked on of the officers into jumping in line with us, we held his place while he went home and changed out of his uniform.

The guy asked him about parking there in the fire lane in front of the line and the officer said the following. "Hey you can if you want, I'm off duty right now. But if I WAS on duty you would already have a ticket."
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> Follow me on Twitter <-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> βĹĂČĶ ŦŔĨĎĂŶ<-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)

Eddyisgreat
Black Friday Pro

Postby Eddyisgreat » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:12 am

I parked my whip infront of best buy for 15 hours with nothing said to me.

XmasDVD
Black Friday Pro

Postby XmasDVD » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:10 pm

Bring a computer generated sign that says "LINE STARTS HERE" and have it with you if you are first....

Eddyisgreat
Black Friday Pro

Postby Eddyisgreat » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:33 pm

I'm thinking about printing out a large banner that says "you slept, I waited" or "all your doorbusters are belonging to me"

Tony
Admin

Postby Tony » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:03 pm

This is possible @ the frys in San Jose
Where there's parking spots right next to the line
Not near the front entrance, but like about 30ish in line -> where ever

g-man430
Black Friday Pro

Postby g-man430 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:14 pm

Well, I was first in line last year, so it was only 10 feet to the parking spot where my car was parked from where I was standing. :)
GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!

geoff5093
Black Friday Pro

Postby geoff5093 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:00 pm

I know everyone can't park there car out front, but in a few videos I saw online there were cars backed up near the entrance so the tailgate was facing the sidewalk. I'm not worried about the cold, but rather I'd like to run my laptop off a power inverter in the truck (while starting it up every few hours), since the battery only lasts about 2 hours max. I know it probably wouldn't be safe to run an extension cord across the parking lot...

Bexx
Black Friday Pro

Postby Bexx » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:10 pm

Last year there was one guy who parked his car up by his spot in line and the exhaust was all over the line. It was rude. Everyone in the line hated that guy!

VerbalI11-23
Black Friday Pro

Postby VerbalI11-23 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:23 pm

you'll piss tons of people off unless you have a lambo or a ferrari then everyone would just go oohs and ahhs for the hours spent there :lol: but who would go to black friday if they have that type of luxury haha.

geoff5093
Black Friday Pro

Postby geoff5093 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:47 am

That would suck about the exhaust, but I wouldn't be leaving the car running all the time.

Ok, new question then. Would it be ok to run an extension cord (50ft or so) from the parking lot to the sidewalk? It would be on the portion of the parking lot between the spaces and the store where people drive. I know it differs between stores and locations and what not, but I like getting people's opinions. :)

mbutchg62
Black Friday Pro

Postby mbutchg62 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:41 pm

Also, when deciding on the parking spot, plan your retrograde as well. Last year we parked in a spot that backed into the line for the exit driveway. We waited 30 minutes (with the backup lights on, and out of the stall) for someone to let us into the line. No one did. Luckily, my son was along with me, and I had him stand in front of a car to open up a spot.

iKitsune
Black Friday Pro

Postby iKitsune » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:38 pm

I wouldn't run a cord across the lot from your car. You'd lose a lot of power in the cable. If you're dead-set on running an inverter, drop about $40 on a second battery for your car and switch em every couple hours, or take a mid-size (last year) or server-class (this year) computer battery backup.

Return to “Suggestions and Tips”