Tips for shopping online on black friday.

All Site Suggestions or General Black Friday Tips

Moderator: ikey2

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Tips for shopping online on black friday.

Postby MikesTooLz » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:03 pm

This year I will be bringing my laptop with my and try to get some stuff online while I wait in line. It will be my first attempt at buying online for black friday. I know some of the stuff they put up at midnight, but do you guys know ahead of time what will be put up on the website or what time it will pe posted?

or do you guys just keep checking and refreshing the page?

Also have any of you used the instore pick up for Bestbuy or CC on black friday? On one side I think it would help get people in and out quicker, but on the other hand I'm not sure if the store would want to deal with collecting all the items for customers on black friday.
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> Follow me on Twitter <-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> βĹĂČĶ ŦŔĨĎĂŶ<-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)

abbydreyer
Black Friday Pro

Postby abbydreyer » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:50 pm

I know last year, CC had advertised that the items in their BF ad would be available for the sale price starting at midnight. I went ahead and ordered the tv I really wanted bc I was afraid I wouldnt be able to get it in store. Chose to pick it up at the store, but waited a couple days before getting it just to avoid the madhouse. Usually by the time I finish my BF shopping, I dont want to step foot in another store for at least a day or 2! I had no problem, order was ready, there wasnt much of a line since I didnt go right away. I would definately do it again if needed.

redkel
Black Friday Pro

Postby redkel » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:56 pm

What Abby said. I did the same thing -- ordered my stuff after midnight for pick-up and then got it on Sunday or Monday. It worked out great. The staff at CC even commented as I was picking up that "wish more people did this."

The Zach101
Black Friday Pro

Postby The Zach101 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:16 pm

I actualy found all the stuff I was gonna get for 07 (well 90% of it) online a week before bf like on amazon (new) and places like that and then sales at walmart before bf it was cool yet disapointing i didnt get to wait in line

Russell Burrows
Black Friday Pro

Postby Russell Burrows » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:43 pm

Do you have to hit page refresh a lot?

What if you get to the store on Sunday and your purchased at midnight BF HDTV is gone? and what happens then?

What if your on-line doorbuster deal for a laptop was sold before you got to the store on Sunday?

Id be pissed and my first response to the store manager is you better find one

abbydreyer
Black Friday Pro

Postby abbydreyer » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:01 pm

I never had problems with the page not loading or having to hit refresh. I don't know what I would do if the item I paid for online was not there when I got there. I didn't have that problem. But yea, I'm pretty sure that I would not setle for just a refund. They would either find me my stuff SOMEWHERE or they could upgrade me to some comparable or better without charging extra. I can't help but think if it was their screw up, that they would make it right. I've never had a problem with CC customer service. I think they actually exceed other stores (at least our does)!

redkel
Black Friday Pro

Postby redkel » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:00 pm

The Doorbuster Deals were not offered online last year (that I recall, anyway).

If you have a receipt for your items, it really shouldn't be a big deal. If they don't have it at the time you're picking it up, then they should get it for you. I've never had a bad experience buying online and picking it up later. I'm sure someone can refute that because in any organization there are going to be exceptions.

Again...your mileage may vary, batteries not included, my .02 and no change given...

Kel

g-man430
Black Friday Pro

Postby g-man430 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:53 pm

You might have better deals online on cyber Monday than on Black Friday. Cyber Monday comes three days after Black Friday.
GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Postby jediknight » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:27 pm

Also, it was reported on this site that online stores started their BF deals on Thanksgiving so make sure to check!

simplymisty
Black Friday Pro

Postby simplymisty » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:36 am

Which stores will let you pick up your online orders? For the stores that you can't pick up at, is it worth paying the shipping to not have to wait in line?

jgm8
Black Friday Pro

BF on Turkey Day - CC

Postby jgm8 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:59 pm

The rents were visiting for turkey day last year. I pulled out the ads for them to peruse so I could be left alone. :wink: DH and I were planning on picking up a HDTV when they noticed the huge DLP in the CC ad. My dad went online and got the door buster price before dinner was served. What a great gift! :shock: It was delivered Saturday morning. Now the rents are hooked on Turkey day & BF shopping. He did say there was lots of refresh action though...

bfshoppernwa
Black Friday Newbie

Buy TVs this year online

Postby bfshoppernwa » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:28 pm

I'm going to make a prediction that this year we will see some really great deals on plasma or LCD TVs due to the changeover in signals next year. Most likely a lot of people with older sets will be buying during the upcoming shopping season and stores will price their TVs to sell. Since TV deals are generally the norm on BF, this year I would suggest ordering it online and picking it up Sunday or Monday because even if a store has the best price, there may be limited stock on hand for that item.

Last year I was going to buy a Zune at Radio Shack for $99. Turns out I knew in advance that the store was only going to have one in stock so I price matched it online to make my purchase. The morning of BF, a lot of the people in line were upset that they were not going to get a Zune...except for the first person in line. He got not only the Zune, but also the only Ipod in stock too.

So when ads start coming out and your intent is to buy a TV, start price matching it online. If you still have to buy it in the store, you may have to cart it away that day. Are you prepared to do that?

Mike

msbelle51
Black Friday Amateur

Postby msbelle51 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:30 pm

This might be a crazy question, but what time zone are the midnight online ads posted in? I want to make sure I don't miss anything. Thanks.

Suzapaloooza
Black Friday Pro

Postby Suzapaloooza » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:48 pm

MsBelle, that's a great question. I second that question!

XmasDVD
Black Friday Pro

Postby XmasDVD » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:08 pm

Eastern time, I believe. Most things seem to be based on it since Midnigth comes to the East first in the USA

Return to “Suggestions and Tips”