How Early Should you Get there? / This is what we suggest

All Site Suggestions or General Black Friday Tips

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

cmac1337
Black Friday Pro

Postby cmac1337 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:18 pm

lol yea its based MOSTLY on location of where you live and the influence around the area.

i live in a smaller town and the best buy here is small (much smaller than most in my opinion anyway, no furniture or anything like that and very few washers/dryers and appliances)

we're lucky here. there are 2 large best buys not 30 minutes away from where we live. people flock to those when the BBs are in the same district, so they get the same amount of doorbusters and such.

not to mention we're loved at this best buy. we walk in and the employees know us by name. haha.
We Call Ourselves the "Black Friday Tailgaters (BF Tailgaters)"

1st in Line at Best Buy Store #1446 in Fultondale, AL for 7 straight years.

Follow/Like Us On Our Social Pages!

Twitter

Facebook

Instagram

Vine

sttss002
Black Friday Amateur

Postby sttss002 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:11 pm

Last year at BB there were people in line by noon thanksgiving day. So early in line it will be for me I guess.

BFPrincess
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFPrincess » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:43 am

I'm from Canada and I shop in Northern New York and last year we had Freezing rain on Thanksgiving day and people still started lining up at the best buy around 6pm. I'm changing my strategy this year. Instead of getting up early and driving on BF I'm going a bit further this year (Where there's a Macy's) and getting a hotel.

I like my sales and all, but I hate being cold. So lining up in the cold and snow doesn't cut it for me.

However, I'm not as excited this year. I was until a week ago and I was in a car accident. Now I don't want to drive anywhere, and the thought of driving 2 hours, at night on an unfamiliar highway is kind of freaking me out. Hopefully by BF I'll be over it. If I could convince someone to go with me, I would feel better.

Alias33
Black Friday Pro

Postby Alias33 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:02 pm

last year (2007) i was out looking around Thanksgiving day before dinner and I saw about 10 people already at BB at 10:30am. That is crazy. I am off this BF and I am already assuming I am gonna need to get out there just as/or sooner than 10:30 am this year to make sure I get what i want. This BF I really think there are gonna be some huge early bird specials this year just do to the economy and them trying to get people through the doors to buy other stuff other than early bird specials. This is gonna be an interesting BF.

TakenAback
Black Friday Pro

Postby TakenAback » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:14 am

With CUSA and its midnight madness out of the picture, I get more sleep. ;)

2-3AM for most of the places I like to hit. Can be 10-Midnight if it's a major doorbuster at a BB or CC.

cmac1337
Black Friday Pro

Postby cmac1337 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:12 pm

TakenAback wrote:With CUSA and its midnight madness out of the picture, I get more sleep. ;)

2-3AM for most of the places I like to hit. Can be 10-Midnight if it's a major doorbuster at a BB or CC.

if you get a major doorbuster at BB gettin there at that time..ur the man. CC i can see but with BB's quantities it won't be easy. best of luck though bro!

Twitter

Facebook

Instagram

Vine

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:43 pm

TakenAback wrote:2-3AM for most of the places I like to hit. Can be 10-Midnight if it's a major doorbuster at a BB or CC.

Thats just insane, where do you live so I can move there.
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> Follow me on Twitter <-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> βĹĂČĶ ŦŔĨĎĂŶ<-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)

cmac1337
Black Friday Pro

Postby cmac1337 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:00 pm

MikesTooLz wrote:
TakenAback wrote:2-3AM for most of the places I like to hit. Can be 10-Midnight if it's a major doorbuster at a BB or CC.

Thats just insane, where do you live so I can move there.

I SECOND THAT.

Twitter

Facebook

Instagram

Vine

TakenAback
Black Friday Pro

Postby TakenAback » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:24 pm

I live in a major city.

Let's put this into perspective, though...if you are thinking of some el cheapo laptop they'll only have 5 of, then I could see being there anywhere from 6-8 as a fair shot considering the economy this year. Whether you consider it luck or not, I've had a fair shot at some of those items at the times I stated in the last 3-5 years. As for now, I tend to focus on the peripherals, even limited quantity ones, and usually succeed at the times I listed.

Eddyisgreat
Black Friday Pro

Postby Eddyisgreat » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:27 pm

cmac1337 wrote:if you get a major doorbuster at BB gettin there at that time..ur the man. CC i can see but with BB's quantities it won't be easy. best of luck though bro!

Thats what makes it fun, atleast in my area. :lol:
Although, there isn't exactly any door busting going on. I would consider it a door buster if they didn't allow lines and it was a free for all at (9?) AM.

I can't even remember what time the store opened. Once I got my tickets at 3 I think I sat in the car (which was parked in the line) lol

Tony
Admin

Postby Tony » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:16 pm

Well if your near San Jose, CA you might want to get there before us ;]

Turns out this year we're going to start 6pm the day before TG.
Well we will be setting up camp in front of a best buys.
Hang out there till like 12 midnight. Everyone leave except 1 person.
Then we come back the next morning 10am ish. Hang out TG morning.
People who have TG lunch leave for home and come back to relieve the people
who has TG dinner. And then we all meet up again and have some fun in front of BB!

:D

Eddyisgreat
Black Friday Pro

Postby Eddyisgreat » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:53 am

Hahahaha make sure you bring a gun and some ammo cause when the people behind you (everyone) sees that musical chair bs go down there will be a butt-kicking fiesta of epic proportions.

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:35 pm

Eddyisgreat wrote:Hahahaha make sure you bring a gun and some ammo cause when the people behind you (everyone) sees that musical chair bs go down there will be a butt-kicking fiesta of epic proportions.

Yeah, I dont think the other people in line will take kindly to having everyone but 1 person leave for 10 hours. Expecialy if you make them mad by having to line up so early. People start lining up after they see others lining up and will be pissed if you guys make them start that early and then dont even stay yourself. It will start out by someone yelling "hey were are all of your friends?". Then an hour or so later someone will walk over and ask were everyone is. Then a group of them will come up and confront the person telling them that there friends need to come back or they will move all their ####(stuff) and they can start at the end of the line when the come back.

Make sure the person who stays behind has a video camera so you can post the riot(execution) online for us to watch.

gseclipse11
Black Friday Pro

Postby gseclipse11 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:35 pm

10 hours is kind of a long time for EVERYONE but one person to leave at the same time.

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:50 pm

(why are we having to tell this to a moderator, he should know this already)
:roll:

I'm going to refer you to the following threads
BF Guide Line Mates and Item Hunting
a couple noobie questions

Return to “Suggestions and Tips”