How Early Should you Get there? / This is what we suggest

All Site Suggestions or General Black Friday Tips

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

cmac1337
Black Friday Pro

How Early Should you Get there? / This is what we suggest

Postby cmac1337 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:27 pm

Last year our crew set up at best buy wednesday night / thursday morning at midnight...then again...we wanted to be first

no ifs/ands/or buts about it. we wanted that spot of being in the front.

basically, from when we got there, to time to store opening... 29 hours.

this year we're hoping to do the same thing.

the economy being the way it is...people may be gettin there sooner, but i figure people stil won't get there before thanksgiving lunch or dinner (some families will have thanksgiving meals sooner, so they can get up to their locations to set up...happens alot)

we try to beat that group, and the group before that that says "let's skip thanksgiving meals this year"

you gotta think ahead if you truly wanna be first, or want to guarantee your hot item you want.

all in all, i'd recommend a 24 hour set up at the latest. but then again, that's just personal opinion.

Eddyisgreat
Black Friday Pro

Postby Eddyisgreat » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:29 pm

First in Line

Best Buy, Lacey Wa

10:30 AM , Thanksgiving Day.

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:39 am

before 2002 I dont really remember the exact time/dates.

bf 2002 Walmart, BF morning 30 minutes before sale. It was open 24 hours but all items were covered in paper and no one know where the items they wanted were. Once it became time, they ripped the paper off the pallets and it was a free for all.
    BF 2003 bestbuy, Thanksgiving night 9:00PM #1 in line, person #2 arrived 15 minutes latter
    BF 2004 bestbuy, Thanksgiving day 5:00PM #1 in line, person #2 arrived about 20 minutes latter
    BF 2006 bestbuy, Thanksgiving day 3:00PM #3 in line
    BF 2007 Office Depot, bf morning 6:00am #1 in line

It seems what happens is the people in line that are in the back ask when the first person arrived. Then the following year they try to be there before that time to be first.

What I think I might do this year is just park my car in front of the store I plan on waiting in line (TheWiFiCar) and I can just monitor when the first person shows up. If your in the first 10 you can pretty much get the door busters you want.
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> Follow me on Twitter <-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> βĹĂČĶ ŦŔĨĎĂŶ<-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)

Eddyisgreat
Black Friday Pro

Postby Eddyisgreat » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:59 am

Yes but if you aren't in the very front or don't know the guy who is, I would be very wary. Boils forming and "friends" showing up. I was first in line last year and 5th in line the year before that. I noticed the distance between me and the 7th guy would continuously grow and by the morning, I couldn't see them (well maybe I was looking at my ticket a bit too hard but anyway).

cmac1337
Black Friday Pro

Postby cmac1337 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:53 pm

we're stil debating a final time to go up there. part of me wants to say noon wednesday, other parts of me says wednesday evening.

ugh i don't know what to do.
We Call Ourselves the "Black Friday Tailgaters (BF Tailgaters)"

1st in Line at Best Buy Store #1446 in Fultondale, AL for 7 straight years.

Follow/Like Us On Our Social Pages!

Twitter

Facebook

Instagram

Vine

wolvesgod
Black Friday Pro

Postby wolvesgod » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:21 am

cmac1337 wrote:we're stil debating a final time to go up there. part of me wants to say noon wednesday, other parts of me says wednesday evening.

ugh i don't know what to do.

Last year we had people in line by noon thanksgiving day. It gets earlier every year.

cmac1337
Black Friday Pro

Postby cmac1337 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:17 am

yea and we had a lot of people asking us last year so i got a feeling they'll be some showin up late wednesday evening. so im definitely feelin wednesday morning.
We Call Ourselves the "Black Friday Tailgaters (BF Tailgaters)"

1st in Line at Best Buy Store #1446 in Fultondale, AL for 7 straight years.

Follow/Like Us On Our Social Pages!

Twitter

Facebook

Instagram

Vine

thenuke1
Black Friday Pro

Postby thenuke1 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:32 am

What i say in the following is based on my experiences at stores in Woodland Hills Ca and Van Nuys Ca

alot of people may tell you that u gotta be there a day before or 12 hours before store opens ...

but honestly unless u want a huge ass tv or PC if you line up around 3:30 am then you should be able to grab the door buster stuff ...

ive gotten outta my drive way at 3am picked up a few friends and arrived to the store around 3:30 and weve always been able to score everything we've wanted

last year we got out of best buy around hmmmm 6:30-6:45 ish and we were shocked to see a Target on the way completely empty so we stopped by and got some more stuff ...

Brittney19
Black Friday Amateur

Postby Brittney19 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:00 pm

My fam & I arrived at Toys R Us last year at around 3:25 & we were 5th through 10th in line

wolvesgod
Black Friday Pro

Postby wolvesgod » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:07 am

thenuke1 wrote:What i say in the following is based on my experiences at stores in Woodland Hills Ca and Van Nuys Ca

alot of people may tell you that u gotta be there a day before or 12 hours before store opens ...

but honestly unless u want a huge ass tv or PC if you line up around 3:30 am then you should be able to grab the door buster stuff ...

ive gotten outta my drive way at 3am picked up a few friends and arrived to the store around 3:30 and weve always been able to score everything we've wanted

last year we got out of best buy around hmmmm 6:30-6:45 ish and we were shocked to see a Target on the way completely empty so we stopped by and got some more stuff ...

Never would work here in the North East. By 7pm last year most palaces here had over 150 people in line. Most door busters were handed out to maybe the first 20 people or so. There were a lot of pissed off people last year. It got sort of ugly at Best Buy. My favorite person last year was a woman who showed up at 4am for a GPS and had a hissy fit when she was told she didn't have a chance. The store had ten and she walked down the line from the front asking if anybody was getting it. When she got up to the 15th person or so, she realized that all ten were counted for. She called us all assholes and thanked us for ruining her Christmas.

The Zach101
Black Friday Pro

Postby The Zach101 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:55 pm

Where do u people live??? Its no where near that in Pcola, at Bestbuy the person #1 in line was there at 11AM the day before thanksgiving. Amazing.....

DotCom
Black Friday Pro

Postby DotCom » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:15 pm

It really depends on where you live. Some people in various cities have been able to be first in line when arriving at 1am. In other cities, by 1am, the line is around the store. It's always funny to see the people who are new to Black Friday that come to the forum once it's over and complain. "We got to the store at 4am and there were 500 people in line. It's not fair blah blah"
Last edited by DotCom on Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Zach101
Black Friday Pro

Postby The Zach101 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:04 pm

haha Yeah couple years ago at CC around 12 am a group of people drove up and when they saw the line they were disapointed becuase there was already 40+ people so they spent the next 30 min driveing back and forth yelling at us.

tigObitties
Black Friday Pro

Postby tigObitties » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:17 pm

I went to a BB in the Bay area last year at noon on thanksgiving and there was already 20+ people lined up. Most where asian... I guess they dont do thanksgiving. This year I'm going to go after work on wed.

g-man430
Black Friday Pro

Postby g-man430 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:05 am

4AM for me last year. No, not one hour in line either. More like 25 hours in line. :arrow:
GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!

Return to “Suggestions and Tips”