Which stores to go ?

All Site Suggestions or General Black Friday Tips

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

mikeculley
Black Friday Newbie

good tips

Postby mikeculley » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:05 pm

A lot of good tips here, but what I have seen time and again is that BF shoppers, especially Newbies, fail to have a plan of getting their items out of the parking lot. One thing I learned a long time ago during my years of shopping on BF was that I needed to have the proper vehicle ready to handle the loads. I also saw time and time again people trying to leave stores and not parking in ways that help them get out the parking lot better. One thing you can do is to always park your car with the front facing out....but do you know where to park in a lot with hundreds of cars to ensure you can get out FAST?

Mike
Learn over 50 of my best BF tips!
**link removed** -killasnake

Eddyisgreat
Black Friday Pro

Re: good tips

Postby Eddyisgreat » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:31 pm

mikeculley wrote:A lot of good tips here, but what I have seen time and again is that BF shoppers, especially Newbies, fail to have a plan of getting their items out of the parking lot. One thing I learned a long time ago during my years of shopping on BF was that I needed to have the proper vehicle ready to handle the loads. I also saw time and time again people trying to leave stores and not parking in ways that help them get out the parking lot better. One thing you can do is to always park your car with the front facing out....but do you know where to park in a lot with hundreds of cars to ensure you can get out FAST?

Mike
Learn over 50 of my best BF tips!
**link removed** -killasnake

Yeah.

In a different lot.

Jrmama2323
Black Friday Newbie

Costco

Postby Jrmama2323 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:19 am

If your looking for electronics and are a member of Costco, they usually have 2-3 really great TV buys for BF. I only had to get their an hour before opening to be first in line, they had Wii's last year so i made $150 bucks buying someone one of them, becuase i wasnt getting one myself(right then). They double any warrenty on electronics and have a generous return policy vs others. Skip Best Buy unless your a die hard masachist.

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Re: Costco

Postby MikesTooLz » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:11 pm

Jrmama2323 wrote:If your looking for electronics and are a member of Costco, they usually have 2-3 really great TV buys for BF. I only had to get their an hour before opening to be first in line, they had Wii's last year so i made $150 bucks buying someone one of them, becuase i wasnt getting one myself(right then). They double any warrenty on electronics and have a generous return policy vs others. Skip Best Buy unless your a die hard masachist.

Even if your not a member of costsco, if the deal is really good and you really want to get something they have on sale. Go in before black friday and sign up for a membership, you can then go back at any time during your year of member ship and tell them you want to cancle it and they will refund the money for your membership.
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> Follow me on Twitter <-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> βĹĂČĶ ŦŔĨĎĂŶ<-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)

TakenAback
Black Friday Pro

Postby TakenAback » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:51 am

This will depend on where you are, but in major cities, the office supply chains are more plentiful, and so the odds of scoring your BF goodies are better, and the time window to get to them is longer.

STAPLES, Officemax, Office Depot and even RadioShack may not offer quite the same doorbusters as the main electronics chains, but will have some. If you time things right, you may be able to hit a CC or BB and then one of these with some success.

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:53 am

Here is a tip that may or may not help any. Go to what ever store you plan to wait at,(best buy, CC....) and ask them which one of there locations that stock the most items. For example, I used to work at best buy and there was a nother best buy a few miles down the road that always got more items in stock then the rest of the best buy's in the area. Simply because the store was located in a high trafficed place and more items got sold just because of its good location.

When there is something like a game console release, or DVD release, or something like black friday, these store's get almost twice the amount of items as the other stores. For the xbox 360 I think our store only got around 60 units, while the high trafficed store got around 150.

When the ads say Minimum of 15 per store, each store gets at least 15 but the high traffic stores are more likely to get more than that.

TakenAback
Black Friday Pro

Postby TakenAback » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:52 pm

Good advice, But as I said before, judge the situation at hand. Sometimes, you are informing the person your are conversing with when you expect them to already know about the item/deal in question. Trust me, that's something that you'd prefer not to do.

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:21 pm

TakenAback wrote:Good advice, But as I said before, judge the situation at hand. Sometimes, you are informing the person your are conversing with when you expect them to already know about the item/deal in question. Trust me, that's something that you'd prefer not to do.

Im not saying to ask about anything related to black friday. Just ask what store in the area carry's the most items in stock. Or make them think your a nintendo Wii person and ask them what store recieves the most Wii's when they get a shipment.

cmac1337
Black Friday Pro

Postby cmac1337 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:25 pm

MikesTooLz wrote:
TakenAback wrote:Good advice, But as I said before, judge the situation at hand. Sometimes, you are informing the person your are conversing with when you expect them to already know about the item/deal in question. Trust me, that's something that you'd prefer not to do.

Im not saying to ask about anything related to black friday. Just ask what store in the area carry's the most items in stock. Or make them think your a nintendo Wii person and ask them what store recieves the most Wii's when they get a shipment.

haha...is is sad that around here BB and even wal mart....that when asked "Yadda yadda *insert wii related topic here* yadda yadda" they direct people to k-mart?
We Call Ourselves the "Black Friday Tailgaters (BF Tailgaters)"

1st in Line at Best Buy Store #1446 in Fultondale, AL for 7 straight years.

Follow/Like Us On Our Social Pages!

Twitter

Facebook

Instagram

Vine

JMorlan
Black Friday Pro

Postby JMorlan » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:56 am

I am hoping for another zune deal I lost mine from last year and am getting hosed on ebay.

Eddyisgreat
Black Friday Pro

Postby Eddyisgreat » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:40 pm

a tip which may or may not work for best buy is that the larger "super class" stores generally have Apple computers (the small little kiosks with different macs and apple cinema displays). These stores generally have high traffic volume or so I'm told by an employee.

Return to “Suggestions and Tips”