Add Scan email

All Site Suggestions or General Black Friday Tips

Moderator: ikey2

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:30 am

TakenAback wrote:Nice idea. For those who don't want to go the email route, the adscans usually end up zipped up and posted to torrent trackers as they begin to leak. It's an anonymous option for those paranoid among us. ;)

Torrents are not anonymouse, in fact many company's try to track down torrent downloaders that download copy written matiraial.

Torrents are harder to shut down than websites but you are not anonymouse when you download from them. You are actualy exposing your self to everyone else that is downloading/uploading on the torrent.
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> Follow me on Twitter <-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> βĹĂČĶ ŦŔĨĎĂŶ<-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)

TakenAback
Black Friday Pro

Postby TakenAback » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:45 pm

More anonymous. (at least compared to providing an email address to an individual, and profiling your interests by subscribing) Additionally, many trackers are private, have encryption and who uses torrents without Peer Guardian these days? So, torrents are significantly more anonymous.

Now, before you say it, yes, you can create a disposable account to use for a mailing list, but that means remembering to use it to check for that email. (Not as much of an issue with a client, but still)

Don't get me wrong. I like your idea. I just know there are always people who don't sign up to things like this, and torrents are an alternative for those jittery folks. ;)

In fact, news servers are another. Most people have news access through their ISP, or can find access through free news servers posted on the net (anonymous) and may have binary newsgroups where the user could download the adscan rar/zip files.

NJ__Jon
Black Friday Pro

Postby NJ__Jon » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:20 pm

Ive signed up for this as well. .......................THANKS.

sn1per420
Black Friday Pro

Postby sn1per420 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:22 pm

Not that it matters this time (no Harbor Freight locations near me), but I signed up about a week ago, and didn't get an email with the harbor freight adscan yet. Should I try signing up again?

g-man430
Black Friday Pro

Postby g-man430 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:27 pm

sn1per420 wrote:Not that it matters this time (no Harbor Freight locations near me), but I signed up about a week ago, and didn't get an email with the harbor freight adscan yet. Should I try signing up again?

I didn't get an email either for that ad. :?
GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:02 pm

OK, I double checked the logs and it looks like only around 20 people got the harbor freight email. I made some fixes and have sent out the harbor freight email agian.

Should be all working now for when we get the important ads. Let me know if you get it this time around.

sn1per420
Black Friday Pro

Postby sn1per420 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:18 pm

MikesTooLz wrote:OK, I double checked the logs and it looks like only around 20 people got the harbor freight email. I made some fixes and have sent out the harbor freight email agian.

Should be all working now for when we get the important ads. Let me know if you get it this time around.
Did you already resend the email? I haven't gotten anything yet.
Edit: Never mind, I just got it. Thanks!

kimbergonz
Black Friday Amateur

Postby kimbergonz » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:30 am

I'm not getting those emails either. I have only recieved one email today that said "this forum was replied to" but i have not recieved anything else and i have signed up twice.

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:07 am

kimbergonz wrote:I'm not getting those emails either. I have only recieved one email today that said "this forum was replied to" but i have not recieved anything else and i have signed up twice.

did you sign up at http://www.bfemails.com/? and when did you sign up? You might have signed up after the emails were sent out.

kimbergonz
Black Friday Amateur

Postby kimbergonz » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:10 pm

I signed up before harbor freight the first time, and i didn't recieve the second scan alert either. so nothing is coming through except the forum replys. I NEED THIS! you have no idea how psycho i am about these. I worked in a call center last year at this time and turned on everyone in my dept to black friday, and the year before that i was working in the credit card usage dept and almost everyone of my customers i got to use there card one way or the other on this day. :wink: please help!!!

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 pm

Send me a private message with your email and ill make sure its in the list or if there were any problems.

abbydreyer
Black Friday Pro

Postby abbydreyer » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:35 pm

i have that same problem. Ive signed up several different times and the only emails I get are from the forum

Return to “Suggestions and Tips”