Apple phones, laptops, etc. Ever a BF deal?

All Site Suggestions or General Black Friday Tips

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

blue3715
Black Friday Pro

Apple phones, laptops, etc. Ever a BF deal?

Postby blue3715 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:42 pm

Usually the phones are normally priced with a $100 gift card or something.
I'm in the market for phones (waiting for AT&T to do a BOGO, but not requiring me to subscribe to some stupid movie service)

Also marketing for a laptop.. they are about $1400 I think (depending on the model). Does Apple do anything on BF on their bigger ticket items?

thanks.

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Re: Apple phones, laptops, etc. Ever a BF deal?

Postby Shopper X » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:52 pm

Yes, in the past the Apple Store has had discounts on laptops and desktop computers on Black Friday. However, the discounts tended to be extremely small and also for only the expensive, higher-end models (not the lower-end, less expensive models). But, that was in the distant past. In more recent years they stopped having those type of Black Friday discounts, switching instead to "get a free gift card with purchase" type deals.

Your best bet for discounted Apple products is to avoid the Apple Store, instead looking for deals at Target, Walmart, Best Buy, etc. Unfortunately, most of these will also be "get a free gift card with purchase" type deals, but you will find a few straight discounts if you look hard enough. Apart from the sales on Black Friday weekend, look for deals in the weeks before and after Black Friday.

I also recommend that you look at refurbished products sold directly by Apple (the "Refurbished and Clearance" link at the bottom of the Apple web site). You can considered any refurbished product sold directly by Apple to be as good as buying it new. The quality is that good, and you can get some good discounts on current and older products.

blue3715
Black Friday Pro

Postby blue3715 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:12 pm

thanks. the refurbished were like $150-200 off retail. For that I'll buy new with a $150 gift card.

I'll keep looking, great idea though.

headbanger783
Black Friday Pro

Postby headbanger783 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:18 am

Let me follow up on the refurbished section. They carry an as-new Apple Warranty. So it basically just like a new product. They typically run 15% off of MSRP on average. Another way to save some money is to buy used gift cards at a discount from sites like Raise or eBay. When I bought my refurb iMac they were stackable...up to 8 gift cards in one transaction. I wound up saving another $80-$100.

Return to “Suggestions and Tips”