Nintendo Switch owners

All Site Suggestions or General Black Friday Tips

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

blueredzone
Black Friday Pro

Nintendo Switch owners

Postby blueredzone » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:41 am

Thinking about upgrading from wii to switch. Is there a huge difference between the two? (Game play, graphics, can you play madden on it like a traditional gaming system?)

What do u all like about and dislike about it?

SantaShopper
Black Friday Pro

Re: Nintendo Switch owners

Postby SantaShopper » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:38 am

I really like the switch. I wouldn't know much about madden, but the graphics of games are definitely better. (I've played Zelda, Splatoon, and Mario kart). Especially if you have a decent TV. As soon as Netflix is available for the switch, I will use it even more. The joycons feel good to use once they are in their controller dock, but I'm not a fan of using them separately for 2 player games. As far as a huge difference between the wii-u and the switch? I would say the difference is in the accelerated graphics and performance. The switch just feels a little more simplified to use in the menu.

blueredzone
Black Friday Pro

Postby blueredzone » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:49 pm

SantaShopper wrote:I really like the switch. I wouldn't know much about madden, but the graphics of games are definitely better. (I've played Zelda, Splatoon, and Mario kart). Especially if you have a decent TV. As soon as Netflix is available for the switch, I will use it even more. The joycons feel good to use once they are in their controller dock, but I'm not a fan of using them separately for 2 player games. As far as a huge difference between the wii-u and the switch? I would say the difference is in the accelerated graphics and performance. The switch just feels a little more simplified to use in the menu.

Thank you for your input

SantaShopper
Black Friday Pro

Postby SantaShopper » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:08 pm

blueredzone wrote:Thank you for your input

No problem. Hope you enjoy it if you decide to buy :D

shiftyjedi
Black Friday Pro

Postby shiftyjedi » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:51 am

blueredzone wrote:Thinking about upgrading from wii to switch. Is there a huge difference between the two? (Game play, graphics, can you play madden on it like a traditional gaming system?)

What do u all like about and dislike about it?

There is not much of a graphical update between the WiiU and Switch. A major upgrade from the Wii. Still the Switch is awesome, because it combo's as a true console and a handheld. While you can get Breathe of the Wild for WiiU and Switch, the Switch allows you to take the game from your TV to anywhere in the world. If you are willing to sacrifice a bit of graphics, playing online, and a few features Switch versions for Madden, NBA 2K17, and other sports games should not only suffice, but give you the option to play when you don't have access to a TV. If that other stuff is a factor, just get a PS4/XBox One version. If you don't own any of those consoles well now is the time to buy given, you can get and XBox One S and Playstation 4 for under $200.

Switch also has a few titles not on WiiU
Splatoon 2
Super Mario Odessey
The Binding of Isaac
Skyrim
all excellent titles.
2018 Video Game Comparison Spreadsheet Link (this compares video game item in a grid format)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IrC66il_gdV2fjT4CSwmG3v9zHPuwt_wkBcPNsfUXH8/edit?usp=sharing

Return to “Suggestions and Tips”