Sheets

All Site Suggestions or General Black Friday Tips

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

User avatar
jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1723
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:42 pm
Location: Missouri

Sheets

Postby jeanerz13 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:48 pm

Does anyone have fleece sheets? I was trying to decide if I want to get a set from Kohl's. I know they should be warmer than flannel and normal sheets. I have flannel sheets now, and even they feel cold when I first get in bed. Would that be an issue with fleece as well?

User avatar
blue3715
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 290
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:34 pm

Re: Sheets

Postby blue3715 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:24 am

My son has a set.. he hates them, makes him too hot, especially the pillow cases.

Instead he took our old down duvet and put it on top of his standard bed cover.. now he has a nice cushy warm layer with normal sheets.

My daughter got a super nice velvety blanket at Costco. something like this http://www.costco.com/Life-Comfort-Velv ... 01202.html

Layers are the key, not a thick sheet.

User avatar
jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1723
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:42 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: Sheets

Postby jeanerz13 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:35 pm

blue3715 wrote:My son has a set.. he hates them, makes him too hot, especially the pillow cases.

Instead he took our old down duvet and put it on top of his standard bed cover.. now he has a nice cushy warm layer with normal sheets.

My daughter got a super nice velvety blanket at Costco. something like this http://www.costco.com/Life-Comfort-Velv ... 01202.html

Layers are the key, not a thick sheet.


I think the problem is that I don't make my bed so the layers aren't keeping the part I sleep on warm and ready for me. The sheets are exposed to the open air and get cold so I have to lay there on the cold sheets under the blankets for a bit until it all warms up. They're fine after that initial 5 to 10 minutes. Maybe I just need to start making the bed in the morning

User avatar
teknoge3k
Forum geek
Posts: 10694
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:57 am
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: Sheets

Postby teknoge3k » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:39 pm

jeanerz13 wrote:
blue3715 wrote:My son has a set.. he hates them, makes him too hot, especially the pillow cases.


I think the problem is that I don't make my bed so the layers aren't keeping the part I sleep on warm and ready for me. The sheets are exposed to the open air and get cold so I have to lay there on the cold sheets under the blankets for a bit until it all warms up. They're fine after that initial 5 to 10 minutes. Maybe I just need to start making the bed in the morning


I think my great grandma is the only person on the planet who actually makes up their bed. :lol:
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

User avatar
jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1723
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:42 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: Sheets

Postby jeanerz13 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:41 pm

teknoge3k wrote:
jeanerz13 wrote:
blue3715 wrote:My son has a set.. he hates them, makes him too hot, especially the pillow cases.


I think the problem is that I don't make my bed so the layers aren't keeping the part I sleep on warm and ready for me. The sheets are exposed to the open air and get cold so I have to lay there on the cold sheets under the blankets for a bit until it all warms up. They're fine after that initial 5 to 10 minutes. Maybe I just need to start making the bed in the morning


I think my great grandma is the only person on the planet who actually makes up their bed. :lol:


I never really saw the point... Maybe this is the point....

User avatar
teknoge3k
Forum geek
Posts: 10694
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:57 am
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: Sheets

Postby teknoge3k » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:43 pm

Me either. Why make up a bed you're going to crawl back into? Now on Fridays when we change the sheets, it's made up then but that's it. I just don't understand making it up of a morning.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k


Return to “Suggestions and Tips”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest