To cart or not to cart...

All Site Suggestions or General Black Friday Tips

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

barbd00
Black Friday Pro

To cart or not to cart...

Postby barbd00 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:15 pm

Typically, I don't use a cart.

But, recently my BF shopping is typically 2 - 5 stores with many things (instead of an in-out after a few items to MANY stores), I'm not finding this is always possible.

Plus there are the "BIG" items. Last year I got a bike for me and a friend got a bike too. We needed a cart. One stayed with the cart with the other (and my adult daughters) as scouts.

It was insane.

This year I am looking at getting a few big items at my first store. I don't want to do a cart again, but I don't see how else I can.

Any suggestions? BTW, I'm far from a newbie at BF shopping, just a newbie to needing a cart.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Re: To cart or not to cart...

Postby teknoge3k » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:21 pm

IF you can take someone with you that can sit on the sideline, have them in an isle somewhere out of the way where you can just run to them and drop your items off. If you don't have anyone, you gotta do what you gotta do. Just please, keep it out of the middle of the chaos and walk fast. VERY, fast. Don't poke along and "shop" with your buggy. Throw your things in and quickly move along.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

clubing25
Black Friday Pro

Postby clubing25 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:44 am

teknoge3k wrote:IF you can take someone with you that can sit on the sideline, have them in an isle somewhere out of the way where you can just run to them and drop your items off. If you don't have anyone, you gotta do what you gotta do. Just please, keep it out of the middle of the chaos and walk fast. VERY, fast. Don't poke along and "shop" with your buggy. Throw your things in and quickly move along.

This is basically what we do. Someone stays with the cart and someone is the runner.

cinemike16
Black Friday Pro

Postby cinemike16 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:00 pm

I've witnessed insane shoppers use carts as battling rams, so I will always vote "no cart". Unless you're picking up big items (TV?) all you need is a reusable bag or a basket.

SantaShopper
Black Friday Pro

Postby SantaShopper » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:17 pm

Its cart city at my Walmart/target! I guess the people in the area don't know there is a "cart decency" rule on BF...I'm always swimming through them. :lol:

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:40 pm

The problem is, Sally sees Pam in the isle and stops to talk. Sally and Pam both have carts so they then tie up the isle. They don't move. They scootch over 1.82" thinking people can then get by. OR Bob has his buggy and walks .00213 mph through the store, backing up traffic 4 isles deep so people have to do a Sunday stroll with him instead of moving along. Then Tim with his buggy is actually SHOPPING and stopping to look at things, which I will never understand on BF. DO NOT DO THAT. So he has traffic trying to get around him as well. All of these people need to stay in Belk with their checkbooks and kitten sweaters and leave the real BF shopping to those of us who know how.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

SantaShopper
Black Friday Pro

Postby SantaShopper » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:24 pm

teknoge3k wrote:The problem is, Sally sees Pam in the isle and stops to talk. Sally and Pam both have carts so they then tie up the isle. They don't move. They scootch over 1.82" thinking people can then get by. OR Bob has his buggy and walks .00213 mph through the store, backing up traffic 4 isles deep so people have to do a Sunday stroll with him instead of moving along. Then Tim with his buggy is actually SHOPPING and stopping to look at things, which I will never understand on BF. DO NOT DO THAT. So he has traffic trying to get around him as well. All of these people need to stay in Belk with their checkbooks and kitten sweaters and leave the real BF shopping to those of us who know how.

Don't dis kitten sweaters! :lol:

barbd00
Black Friday Pro

Postby barbd00 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:17 pm

Yeah, aisle blocking is horrible here. I have found that I can maneuver much better without one.

I think maybe I'll see if I can find a large bag/collapsible basket because I just can't move through the aisles.

With the night time openings, it is more crowded than ever before.

Kayaf
Black Friday Pro

Postby Kayaf » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:18 pm

I'm not above moving a blocking cart over if a clueless shopper is just chatting. It is Black Friday People! For Slow Sam taking a Sunday Stroll, with no cart you just politely shove by him. Sorry Sam, but again It's Black Friday. I'll smile and move quickly on. :D

Return to “Suggestions and Tips”