Where are pdfs?

All Site Suggestions or General Black Friday Tips

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

lea11371
Black Friday Newbie

Where are pdfs?

Postby lea11371 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:48 am

I can't find PDFs this year. I see page by page images, but in the past there was a little pdf icon to click and download as one continuous file. Are you not doing this any longer? Can you tell me how I can get these like I want?

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Re: Where are pdfs?

Postby Shopper X » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:05 am

Lea, a forum member has been creating PDF versions of the adscans and making them available for download. You can find links to the PDFs in the post for each store in the "Official Deal Announcements" forum: viewforum.php?f=71

(We are not sure whether bfads.net will be providing PDF versions directly this year. In some years they have done so, but when they do, it has usually been later in the month.)

lea11371
Black Friday Newbie

Postby lea11371 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:32 am

All I get in these links are page-by-page images. I am hoping to get 1 file of the complete ad. They used to have this option within a few days of posting.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:50 am

lea11371 wrote:All I get in these links are page-by-page images. I am hoping to get 1 file of the complete ad. They used to have this option within a few days of posting.

Shopper X just told you where to find the pdfs of the ads. They're not listed with the actual ads. You have to go to each stores thread here on the forum where they're listed. You can download each store individually. There's not a single pdf of all of the stores combined.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

lea11371
Black Friday Newbie

Postby lea11371 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:42 am

Again, the link given shows 1 page at a time, that you must tab through. I didn't need THAT link because anyone can find that by going to ad scans. And no, I don't want 1 pdf of ALL the stores, I want 1 file for EACH store. In previous years, the small pdf icon appeared to the right of the sale start time and the comments which are above the individual pages.

Now, can anyone tell me, how to get each store's complete ad as one pdf? Is BFAds no longer doing this?

I wanted to post image here from last year's screen shot, but I can't seem to do that either.

If the page by page that I keep seeing has a way to save as 1 document pdf, can someone tell me how to do so?

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:04 am

Lea, I believe that you are still looking at the wrong link, or perhaps you are just not looking far enough on each page.

The link: https://www.bfads.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=71

That is the link to the "Official Deal Announcements" forum on this message board. As I said before, a forum member has graciously volunteered to create PDF versions of the adscans and to make them available viewing and download. If you look in that forum, you will find links to the PDF files in the posts for each store. (It usually takes a day or so for hiker, the forum member who creates the PDF files, to get the PDF files up after an ad is released.)

For example:
If you look at the link for the Half Price Books post: https://www.bfads.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=307148#p307148, you will see a link to the PDF file for that store.

Another example:
Link to the post for the Dell store, with a link to the PDF: https://www.bfads.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=307142#p307142

And, another example:
A link to the PDF for Craft Warehouse can be found in this post: https://www.bfads.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=307145#p307145

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:47 am

I don't think s/he's looking in the right place.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

CrazyTrain
Black Friday Pro

Postby CrazyTrain » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:03 am

lea... go to the post for the ad you want (using Tekno's link)
Scroll until you find the post by Hiker - that will have the pdf file in it, as well as zip file of the ad to download
HTH

(Also remeber he is doing this as something nice for us so they won't be available right away - but they never were on bfads itself anyway!)

And thanks for making pdfs again hiker! 8)

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:51 pm

teknoge3k wrote:I don't think s/he's looking in the right place.

Maybe it would help if you copied his pdf links into your first post on the official announcement threads. More work for you though :/

hiker
Official Zipper

Postby hiker » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:40 pm

jeanerz13 wrote:
teknoge3k wrote:I don't think s/he's looking in the right place.

Maybe it would help if you copied his pdf links into your first post on the official announcement threads. More work for you though :/

Or move my post to post #2 (if you can). If you do copy mine into first post, don't delete my post.. (Need my post counts) :)

hiker
Official Zipper

Postby hiker » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:49 pm

lea11371 wrote:All I get in these links are page-by-page images. I am hoping to get 1 file of the complete ad. They used to have this option within a few days of posting.

Lea: Maybe this will help if you still haven't found it. Click the 3 lines at the top right (menu bar) and click Search. Type:
crashsandbox.com/BFAds/2016

This will bring up all of this years PDF's and Zip's. scroll until you find store you want.

Return to “Suggestions and Tips”