Retailers with online deals

All Site Suggestions or General Black Friday Tips

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

Westside
Black Friday Newbie

Retailers with online deals

Postby Westside » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:03 am

Is there a thread here or some other place where I can find which brick & mortar stores will also be honoring their Black Friday deals online?

blue3715
Black Friday Pro

Re: Retailers with online deals

Postby blue3715 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:21 pm

Westside wrote:Is there a thread here or some other place where I can find which brick & mortar stores will also be honoring their Black Friday deals online?

Prob have to read their ad. You probably should watch for the Cyber monday ads which will come out on Friday or Saturday.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:31 pm

MOST stores have their Black Friday sales online as well. However doorbusters are just that, DOOR busters. You have to be in the store to get those deals.

One thing to keep in mind, online shopping is great and personally that's the ONLY shopping I do every day except BF. If there's something you absolutely want to have, you need to be AT THE STORE to get it rather than online. Every year so many people come here complaining because stores cancel their order. You can always take an item back if you don't need it but you can't always get the BF price. Unless you have the item IN YOUR HAND, you do NOT have it regardless of any confirmation emails.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:41 pm

teknoge3k wrote:MOST stores have their Black Friday sales online as well. However doorbusters are just that, DOOR busters. You have to be in the store to get those deals.

One thing to keep in mind, online shopping is great and personally that's the ONLY shopping I do every day except BF. If there's something you absolutely want to have, you need to be AT THE STORE to get it rather than online. Every year so many people come here complaining because stores cancel their order. You can always take an item back if you don't need it but you can't always get the BF price. Unless you have the item IN YOUR HAND, you do NOT have it regardless of any confirmation emails.

I'm with tek on this. I always do my BF shopping in store with the exception of Amazon, because of orders getting cancelled after confirmation.

However, I know quite a few people who do strictly online for BF. If you are looking at something in an ad that you really want, read the fine print to see if it's in store only or available online as well. This will differ by store. For example, I know most of Kohl's deals are available online, however, the electronics are not, such as the TVs and gaming consoles, which are clearly marked as such in their ad, and in the mailer they sent this past week. And I can also tell you that anything on Walmart's 1 hour guarantee will more than likely not be available online.

I'm not sure what exactly you're looking for, but my best advice would be to comb carefully through the ads and read the fine print on the deals, and maybe whatever you are looking for will be available online. Best of luck!

blue3715
Black Friday Pro

Postby blue3715 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:32 am

I just went to Sears.com and was able to buy the Samsung 65" TV at the Black Friday price.

The pickup is Dec 3rd, so I'll have to wait, but this is great because:

1. I don't have to run to Sears on 6pm on Thursday
2. I got the TV I want
3. If a better deal comes out before Friday, or even cyber Monday, I'll just cancel the order.

Return to “Suggestions and Tips”