BF Guide Line Mates and Item Hunting

All Site Suggestions or General Black Friday Tips

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

User avatar
mckeymse
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: BF Guide Line Mates and Item Hunting

Postby mckeymse » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:08 am

Eddie,

as a BF pro, been here since 06, had to reset my passwrd so it changed my profile, bummer

Anyway I agree, I BF shop alone and have a blast chatting with peeps in line, we share making food runs, bathroom brakes etc. Have made friends and even had peeps help me in once we get in the store grab something I need ie: if i'm going left they go right and grab it for me, all works out great. I look forward to every year, although I must say I am disappointed so far with the ads. TRUS is always my first stop. Usually 20th -25th inline, once in store, grab and im out in like 20 mins. in the past was able to run home grab coffe and head to get in line for target, but with the early opeingings this they screwed up myschedule UGH...... lol

anyway just wanted to say hello to all my friends on here from over all the years good to see ya'll and thanks for everything.xoxos

eddyisgreat1
Black Friday Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:34 pm

Re: BF Guide Line Mates and Item Hunting

Postby eddyisgreat1 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:42 pm

Hello Everyone. I am the OP however I can't login to my account due since i don't have that particular email address any longer. Tony, killasnake can I get that taken care of? :D

Anyway thank you for all the comments and hope you all have a safe and successful Black Friday 2012.

User avatar
killasnake
Admin
Posts: 1494
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:01 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah

Re: BF Guide Line Mates and Item Hunting

Postby killasnake » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:47 pm

Done. Check your PM.

BerMM
Black Friday Amateur
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:08 pm

Re: BF Guide Line Mates and Item Hunting

Postby BerMM » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:32 am

I have become disabled since I last participated in BF. If all goes well I will have my retroactive disability check in time to spend some serious dough this year. I also have a big, fast mobility scooter that can outrun a stock segway. This obviously has it's advantages. I could also quite easily hurt someone with it. So the question is, how can I safely and quickly navigate the crowds? I can't spend more than a couple minutes on my feet, so doing without it isn't an option. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

User avatar
shrcpark
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 949
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:04 pm

Re: BF Guide Line Mates and Item Hunting

Postby shrcpark » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:18 am

I hope every one is safe during the BF rush.

User avatar
raymacfla
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 409
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:49 pm

Re: BF Guide Line Mates and Item Hunting

Postby raymacfla » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:18 pm

BerMM wrote:I have become disabled since I last participated in BF. If all goes well I will have my retroactive disability check in time to spend some serious dough this year. I also have a big, fast mobility scooter that can outrun a stock segway. This obviously has it's advantages. I could also quite easily hurt someone with it. So the question is, how can I safely and quickly navigate the crowds? I can't spend more than a couple minutes on my feet, so doing without it isn't an option. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

It depends upon what you are after and where you are going to shop. Since there are no special accommodations for obvious reasons during Black Friday, i would suggest getting some buddies to line up or camp with. I have started a thread on another site for this very reason. Handicapped people do camp successfully, so don't let that intimidate you. We had handicapped campers in 2011 at best Buy and they did just fine. Getting tickets will ease your mind and keep you from getting that rushed mentality. You can also shop online while in the line for the small stuff.

BerMM
Black Friday Amateur
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:08 pm

Re: BF Guide Line Mates and Item Hunting

Postby BerMM » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:55 pm

Thanks.

I hope tickets are used, though that hasn't always been the case here. I had to run and dive for my last doorbuster, Target's 40" Westinghouse LCD from a couple years ago. As for friends or family, well, they all think this is insane. If you know of a site where groups are organizing, please PM me the details.

Given that I'll likely only be camped out for one doorbuster (HD projector, gaming laptop, or large hard drive), what if I were to ask store management in advance to hold one if they see that I have a sufficient place in line just prior to doors opening? It keeps with the spirit, only avoiding the problematic final dash for the prize.

User avatar
BFriGirl
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 474
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:07 pm
Location: TEXAS

Re: BF Guide Line Mates and Item Hunting

Postby BFriGirl » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:16 pm

BerMM wrote:Thanks.

I hope tickets are used, though that hasn't always been the case here. I had to run and dive for my last doorbuster, Target's 40" Westinghouse LCD from a couple years ago. As for friends or family, well, they all think this is insane. If you know of a site where groups are organizing, please PM me the details.

Given that I'll likely only be camped out for one doorbuster (HD projector, gaming laptop, or large hard drive), what if I were to ask store management in advance to hold one if they see that I have a sufficient place in line just prior to doors opening? It keeps with the spirit, only avoiding the problematic final dash for the prize.


I doubt management would be willing to do that, just my experience. However have you checked out the local talk boards on here to see if anyone is in your area that you might be able to shop with?
BF nut in training!

eddyisgreat1
Black Friday Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:34 pm

Re: BF Guide Line Mates and Item Hunting

Postby eddyisgreat1 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:49 pm

Hello Guys, eddyisgreat here. I got locked out of my account AGAIN lol.

Anywho, as always please have a safe and fun thanksgiving and black friday, I wish everyone the best of luck and thanks for reading my (somehow still relevant) guide. This year I will find myself at target to snag the iPad deal and will be donating the extra gift card. Win win!!

-E

User avatar
inthedark
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 3401
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:40 am

Re: BF Guide Line Mates and Item Hunting

Postby inthedark » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:22 pm

eddyisgreat1 wrote:Hello Guys, eddyisgreat here. I got locked out of my account AGAIN lol.

Anywho, as always please have a safe and fun thanksgiving and black friday, I wish everyone the best of luck and thanks for reading my (somehow still relevant) guide. This year I will find myself at target to snag the iPad deal and will be donating the extra gift card. Win win!!

-E



Damn you gotta start all over as a newbie :(

User avatar
iKitsune
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 826
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:55 pm
Location: 6. the act of locating; state of being located.
Contact:

Re: BF Guide Line Mates and Item Hunting

Postby iKitsune » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:19 am

BerMM wrote:I have become disabled since I last participated in BF. If all goes well I will have my retroactive disability check in time to spend some serious dough this year. I also have a big, fast mobility scooter that can outrun a stock segway. This obviously has it's advantages. I could also quite easily hurt someone with it. So the question is, how can I safely and quickly navigate the crowds? I can't spend more than a couple minutes on my feet, so doing without it isn't an option. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Cow catcher, maybe?


Return to “Suggestions and Tips”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest