When do black Friday Online Sales start?

All Site Suggestions or General Black Friday Tips

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

kristadriskell
Black Friday Newbie

When do black Friday Online Sales start?

Postby kristadriskell » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:14 am

When does the black friday online shopping start usually? Like if store opens at 8pm can u shop whats in ad at 8pm online? Or do the have it earlier or later than the store times?

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Re: When do black Friday Online Sales start?

Postby steffj89 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:20 am

It varies by store. Many of the stores open BF but not thanksgiving, went online as early as Wed night.

Steff
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:27 am

Welcome to the boards.
Times have varied between the stores in the past, anything now, would just be a guess.
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

guitarist19862005
Black Friday Pro

Postby guitarist19862005 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:57 am

It used to be that the sales started at around 3 am Thanksgiving morning, but it seems like they have been creeping later and later. Last year a couple started at 5 am. I usually shop Target and Best Buy online Thanksgiving morning and still hit the stores for what's not available online.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:46 am

One thing to keep in mind, if you shop online, you're not guaranteed to get the item. You may shop online, get confirmation, etc. Then a week after BF, you get the email stating they oversold and your money is refunded. Some stores have gotten better about this, while others haven't. If it's an item you must have, you need to stand in line at the store to get it. That guarantees it's yours.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

guitarist19862005
Black Friday Pro

Postby guitarist19862005 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:50 pm

teknoge3k wrote:One thing to keep in mind, if you shop online, you're not guaranteed to get the item. You may shop online, get confirmation, etc. Then a week after BF, you get the email stating they oversold and your money is refunded. Some stores have gotten better about this, while others haven't. If it's an item you must have, you need to stand in line at the store to get it. That guarantees it's yours.

Good point. I've never had it happen to me, but I have heard stories of it happening.

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:09 pm

guitarist19862005 wrote:
teknoge3k wrote:One thing to keep in mind, if you shop online, you're not guaranteed to get the item. You may shop online, get confirmation, etc. Then a week after BF, you get the email stating they oversold and your money is refunded. Some stores have gotten better about this, while others haven't. If it's an item you must have, you need to stand in line at the store to get it. That guarantees it's yours.

Good point. I've never had it happen to me, but I have heard stories of it happening.

Last year, K-Mart, The Samsung galaxy tab 2, conformation and everything, until I went to the store, two days later, I bought one at Office Depot for the same price.
The year before, Sears Sharpe TV, I order as soon as the site opened up, a couple days later, I got the sorry Charlie notification, on the plus side, Last Nov, I bought the Sharp 60" LCD from Sears, It was a hot deal on BFAds, $699
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

kristadriskell
Black Friday Newbie

Postby kristadriskell » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:32 am

I shopped some online last year on black friday. Was able to get a few things. But others were saying they were able to shop online Wednesday at midnight for a couple hours.

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:00 am

Last year Sams advertised they would go live @ 10pm Wed night. BB went live about 2 central thanksgiving morning. We had shipping notices on everything we ordered long before we went out shopping.
Steff
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

Return to “Suggestions and Tips”