8pm Strategy

All Site Suggestions or General Black Friday Tips

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

El Zorro
Black Friday Pro

8pm Strategy

Postby El Zorro » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:15 am

So what's your strategy for the sales that begin at 8pm or 9pm? How early do you plan on waiting in lone?

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Re: 8pm Strategy

Postby teknoge3k » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:10 am

Last year our Walmart allowed us to get into the stuff at 7pm for the 10pm sale. That's 3 hours prior. So this year, I want to be there four hours prior to ensure I get a parking spot and get next to what I want. I'll be at Walmart between 3:30-4:00 today.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

pandagirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby pandagirl » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:38 am

We are headed to Walmart around 6. Nothing we want is a lined item. There are 7 of us dividing up the store and grabbing our stuff. We are oreoared to get the 10 pm things at 8 as well, but our Walmart didn't let us last year, so we will probably wait for them.

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:19 am

Well I was going to go back to Kmart for 8pm, but think I might go to Walmart. I'm thinking I'll be there about 6pm, just depends I want to eat dinner and relax for a few before I head out. I wasn't going to go to Walmart, but I guess that changed lol I wonder if they are doing layaway...now I need to find out.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:08 pm

hoping to get to walmart around 6 pm for 8 pm stuff. none of the stuff i want should be THAT popular.. i hope... but if it is, then oh well.

i've already spent over $300 online at other stores and that makes me freak out a little bit lol

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:19 pm

bfaddict wrote:hoping to get to walmart around 6 pm for 8 pm stuff. none of the stuff i want should be THAT popular.. i hope... but if it is, then oh well.

i've already spent over $300 online at other stores and that makes me freak out a little bit lol

I hear ya, I was about to freak out after what I spent at Kmart this morning lol But like I said in the other post about kmart, I have those points, hopefully it doesn't take to long for them to go on my card to use tho.

We just finished eating a little while ago, got the dishes washed, table cleaned, waiting for my husband's brother/wife/kids as I think they are coming over after he gets off of work. Feed them, then think about leaving for walmart early so if the 8pm stuff I want isn't there <clothes>, then I can move on to Kmart.
Hoping to get my youngest daughter some of their colored jeans, and get the kids some pj's.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 pm

i still have to take a shower.. my friend should be here in about 1.5-2 hours....

i bought that camera at target for my friend which is making me freak out about money a bit.. since i have a target debit card so i just have to make sure i don't use it AT ALL tonight, unless i buy less than $40 at target lol

my checking account online isn't updating as quick as i would like so i'm not entirely sure how much i have left sitting in there after everything goes through lol

El Zorro
Black Friday Pro

Postby El Zorro » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:11 am

I'm not sure about the rest of you, but the 2 hours before start time for the 8pm deals worked for my Wal-Mart. My town is a population of 10K and Wal-Mart is really the only big name store we have. If you got there at 6pm you could get any deal you wanted if you wanted to wait for it. Good to know for future reference.

BF364
Black Friday Pro

Postby BF364 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:53 am

I think it really depends on the Wal-Mart you go to. Some are run very well and some not so much, some will get plentiful quantities of the item(s) you want and some none at all. I got burned on BF 2008 on women's jeans and was able to get a manager to sell me better quality jeans for the BF price (the only thing I drove the 35 miles to that store for as it was bigger than the store 10 miles from me which also did not get any womens jeans for BF 2008) but I had to be so persistent that frankly it totally turned me off of the shark tank experience BF shopping at WM has become (in my area). So WM is off my list.

Given the stories I've heard about the fights over the $3.88 (or was it $4.88?) kitchen appliances (cheap toasters and waffle makers etc) at WM BF 2010 (or was that 2011?) and apparently over the sheet sets this year (the $19.88 ones) you wouldn't think people could turn that ugly over items under $20 but apparently that's where things get really desperate and dangerous. Bad economy plus bad management equals me choosing to shop elsewhere.

PS a tip for you: I get my WM sheets cheap in the after back to school clearances after the college kids have resupplied (October) and again to a lesser degree in February/March as WM realizes that some kids don't go off to school for the first time in the fall semester but instead have to start in the following spring).

CrazyTrain
Black Friday Pro

Postby CrazyTrain » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:22 am

We got in line at 7:45 for the 9 Target opening, and it was perfect. We weren't after doorbusters, though, but we did get the chance for one of the TVs.

Return to “Suggestions and Tips”