Site overhaul

All Site Suggestions or General Black Friday Tips

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Re: Site overhaul

Postby teknoge3k » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:31 am

mechimpaired wrote:Eternal optimist at your service.

I am sure tweaking the site during peak ad releases has resulted in changes that are less than perfect for the moment BUT I would figure/hope the guys will get to tweaking the functions/layout once the ads start slowing down and also be in time for BF.
Logically, the shopping list is not solely used by forum users but anyone who scans the site sooooo there would be a bigger draw to correct the issues when the time is feasible. Shall we put some perspective on this? Have you seen how many ads came out? How many requests for pdf files to be worked on? Contests to manage? Multiple avenues to control facebook, twitter, website? I feel a headache coming on just typing it all let alone doing it all between what 4-5 people? :shock:

Now as my best friend would say (and if I offend know that I do think all of you rock)
let's all put on our big girl panties and suck it up. (more expletives are typically used when she says it) :P

As a webmaster and someone who maintains hundreds of sites, when you make changes to a site you make it during downtime. You don't replace servers, (unless an emergency), upgrade, tweak layouts, make changes, do redesigns, etc during peak hours (or season in this case). You do it at night, on weekends, when the sites have the least amount of traffic. The changes could have been made back in September before the site got busy, OR wait until around December/ January when the traffic dies down.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

mechimpaired
Black Friday Pro

Postby mechimpaired » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:52 am

You have a point sir. :mrgreen:

sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro

Postby sportymonkey » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:26 am

If you look on your shopping list you see the early bird. Instead of big bird it's a yellow bird that sorta resembles the twitter bird. Its still there as well as the time.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:37 am

Either I have no early bird items, or there's no early bird icon on my shopping list. lol
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:15 am

The new icons for adscan, compare prices, early bird:

The rebate icon is still the same:

Return to “Suggestions and Tips”