PDF Ads

All Site Suggestions or General Black Friday Tips

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Re: Ad scan PDF Files

Postby Vols44 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:44 am

I'm going to reverse the direction of this thread and rave about the year round effort by the mods and admins to enhance the features of this site. As far as I know it's a hobby for them, free for us and in the spirit of an internet message board an exchange of thoughts, information and ideas. Ranting about any aspect at bfads.net is out of my character.

I might be wrong, but I went to the homepage, clicked on adscans and viewed each store's icons with all save for a few with compressed files, pdf's and simple viewing options. Is this a new twist since the OP started this thread on 11/04?

CrazyTrain
Black Friday Pro

Postby CrazyTrain » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:11 am

Vols44 wrote:I'm going to reverse the direction of this thread and rave about the year round effort by the mods and admins to enhance the features of this site. As far as I know it's a hobby for them, free for us and in the spirit of an internet message board an exchange of thoughts, information and ideas. Ranting about any aspect at bfads.net is out of my character.

I might be wrong, but I went to the homepage, clicked on adscans and viewed each store's icons with all save for a few with compressed files, pdf's and simple viewing options. Is this a new twist since the OP started this thread on 11/04?

yes, they only started uploading them yesterday. It was a nice surprise this morning! :) I did have to go elsewhere for Kohl's ad, but the pdfs are so greatly appreciated!! Thank you whoever converted and uploaded them!

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:30 pm

CrazyTrain wrote:
Vols44 wrote:I'm going to reverse the direction of this thread and rave about the year round effort by the mods and admins to enhance the features of this site. As far as I know it's a hobby for them, free for us and in the spirit of an internet message board an exchange of thoughts, information and ideas. Ranting about any aspect at bfads.net is out of my character.

yes, they only started uploading them yesterday. It was a nice surprise this morning! :) I did have to go elsewhere for Kohl's ad, but the pdfs are so greatly appreciated!! Thank you whoever converted and uploaded them!

I think Shopper X was on a mission and the Mods & Admins realized the demand for the very handy to review and usability of pdfs instead of compressed files or page by page screen shots.

CrazyTrain
Black Friday Pro

Re: PDF Ads

Postby CrazyTrain » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:52 pm

Just to let you guys know, the CVS pdf zip file is empty.

And does anyone know if there is a way to string the pages of the ad together, so I don't have to open each page separately? Thanks.

hiker
Official Zipper

Postby hiker » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:40 am

If you download pdf's, you wont have to open separately. Also, most image viewers should be capable of scrolling through images in a directory (provided you extracted the zip and dont just open from the zip).

CrazyTrain
Black Friday Pro

Postby CrazyTrain » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:33 pm

hiker wrote:If you download pdf's, you wont have to open separately. Also, most image viewers should be capable of scrolling through images in a directory (provided you extracted the zip and dont just open from the zip).

They unzip in separate image files.
I'm so used to the zips I didn't even think of just downloading the pdfs :lol:

hiker
Official Zipper

Postby hiker » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:48 am

CrazyTrain wrote:
hiker wrote:If you download pdf's, you wont have to open separately. Also, most image viewers should be capable of scrolling through images in a directory (provided you extracted the zip and dont just open from the zip).

They unzip in separate image files.
I'm so used to the zips I didn't even think of just downloading the pdfs :lol:

Even if they unzip in different image files, most programs have an arrow (or something else) that designates either Next image or Previous image. I use ACDSee, and I just use the scroller on the mouse to scroll through images. Windows Photo Viewer has a left and right arrow at the bottom that go to the previous and next image respectively.

If you are forced to close an image and open another, then you are using the wrong program...

Return to “Suggestions and Tips”